• Published 16th Jun 2012
  • 2,587 Views, 69 Comments

My Little Card Game: Dueling is Magic - RarityFigma



On the playground of destiny the CMC engage Tiara and Spoon in a battle of honor

  • ...
11
 69
 2,587

Shiny Cards with Strong Effects

“I play the field spell card Diamond Palace,” Diamond Tiara said as she pushed the shiny card into her duel disk. The magic stone in the duel disk activated creating the illusion of Diamond Tiara’s card. It was huge building made of shimmering diamonds that sprung up from nowhere to now stand behind its tiny pink owner. The castle was so tall its highest towers were blocked by the clouds.

“What is that thing?” Scootaloo said trying not to be distracted.

“This is my Diamond Palace card,” Diamond Tiara responded proudly. Each turn its effect allows me to negate one attack and during my draw phase I can choose to add a “Diamond” monster from my deck rather than draw normally.”

“There’s gotta be some catch right?” Sweetie Belle said with a slight shake.

“Humph!” Diamond Tiara answered. “Well it does cost me 1000 lifepoints during each of my standby phases. If I for some reason can’t pay, my palace shall fall.”

The crusaders each let out a sigh of relief. However, this only further annoyed Diamond Tiara. She quickly placed another card on her duel disk creating a new illusion.

“I summon my Diamond Knight!” Diamond said as her monster appeared. It was a blue unicorn clad in diamond armor with a javelin in his mouth. The creature glared at the crusaders as its stats flashed randomly in the air. ATK: 2400 DEF: 2000

“No way,” Scootalou jumped in. “How is it so strong? You didn’t even tribute anything!”

“Heh, my Diamond Knight can only be summoned while my Palace is on the field.” Diamond Tiara countered. “If my Palace goes, it goes. Now I place one card facedown to end my turn.” A card appeared at Diamond Tiara’s hooves as she pushed the new card into her disk. “So what will you losers do now?”

Sweetie Belle tensed up. “It’s my time,” she shouted. “Draw!” The white unicorn pulled the card from her disk. A smile appeared on her face. “Hehehe, I’ll show you! I summon CopyPony!” A yellow pony sporting a blue mane and a question mark for a face appeared on Sweetie’s field. Its strange appearance caused many of the students watching the duel to shudder. ATK: ? DEF: ?

“What good is a monster with no attack points?” Silver Spoon said coldly.

“Oh it has attack points,” Sweetie Belle answered with a sneaky smile. “My CopyPony turns into a clone of your monster with the same attack and defense!” Just as Sweetie finished her speech, the strange question mark faced pony morphed into Diamond Tiara’s knight. The clone copied every detail right down to angry glare. “How’s that?!”

“Psh,” Diamond Tiara responded. “Its not good enough. I activate my trap card!” The card next to Diamond Tiara flipped over to reveal a frightening trap with the image of a pony falling into a massive hole.

“Wait what?” Sweetie Belle said confused.

“You fell for my Bottomless Trap Hole just like the fool I knew you were,” Diamond Tiara said with a cruel expression. “Now you’re CopyPony is not only destroyed, but also removed from the game permanently!” No sooner than when Diamond Tiara said that did a massive hole open under Sweetie Belle’s monster. The pony fell into the pit which then quickly closed up around it. The card on Sweetie’s duel disk then fell off the device and landed on the ground.

“Oh man,” Sweetie Belle said looking down at her fallen card. “I goofed on the first move.”

“Don’t worry! We’ve still got this,” Scootalou shouted over to her dismayed friend.

“Yeah this duel’s only started,” Applebloom threw in.

Sweetie looked up with newfound determination. “You guys are right!” She said fired up. “Now let’s see here.” Sweetie looked at the cards in her hand briefly before shoving two cards into her duel disk’s spell and trap zone. “I set two cards and that ends my turn!”

“About time,” Diamond Tiara said drawing her card. “I’ll use the effect of my Palace to add another Diamond Knight to my hand.” The crown wearing filly’s duel disk began to glow as the card she declared magically flew out of her deck automatically. “Next as my standby phase starts I special summon my Diamond Noble to the field in defense mode!” Diamond Tiara played another shining card on her duel disk. This one created a gray unicorn holding a book clad in diamond armor. ATK: 0 DEF: 2500

“Hay you can’t summon during the standby phase!” Scootaloo yelled.

“Oh please,” Diamond Tiara responded. “The rulebook was made to be laughed at. Besides if you let me finish then you would know that my Diamond Noble can be special summoned from my hand whenever I’m about to play lifepoints via the effect of Diamond Palace. And best of all while she remains on my side of the field the lifepoint cost of my palace becomes 0!”

The crusaders looked on with fright. Diamond Tiara’s cards were all shiny and worst of all strong. Each filly began to shiver as Diamond Tiara placed another card on her duel disk. “I summon my second Diamond Knight!” Diamond Tiara said proudly. Another angry javelin toting unicorn appeared on Diamond Tiara’s field. By this point the sheer aura of the pink filly’s area was becoming hard to stare at. Every card was shimmering in the sunlight and frankly the glare was getting painful. “I end my turn.”

“Alright it’s my turn!” Scootaloo pulled the card from her disk so fast she almost ripped it. “I summon Rainbow Wanderer to field in attack mode!” A rainbow colored pegasus similar to pony we all know appeared next to Scootalou. The only thing that would keep the copyright law ponies away would be that this rainbow pegasus was red rather than the normal blue. ATK: 1400 DEF: 1000

“Are you even trying?” Diamond Tiara barked at Scootaloo.

The orange pony gritted her teeth. “Just you wait,” Scootaloo whispered. “I place one card place down to end my turn!” A card appeared next to Scootalou and her monster and Silver Spoon began to draw her card.

“Finally now I can expedite winning this silly duel,” The glasses wearing gray filly declared.

“Oh and how are you gonna do that?” Sweetie Belle yelled back in defiance.

Silver Spoon smirked. “Let me show you. First of all, I activate my Silver Shield Spell card!” A huge shield appeared floating behind Silver Spoon. It was nowhere near as big as Diamond Tiara’s palace, but the whole magically floating part made the new card all the more eerie. Silver Spoon relished the fear in her opponent’s faces. “Silver Shield is a continuous spell card that can reduce effect damage to any player’s lifepoints to 0 once each turn.”

“Is there any drawback?” Scootaloo asked.

“Nope,” Silver Spoon happily answered. “Now allow me to finish my brilliant move.” The crusaders wanted to barf. The sooner they could win this duel and get their cutie marks the better. The librarian looking filly then placed two more cards in duel disk. “I activate Silver Cannon and Silver Call.” A big artillery weapon appeared next to Silver Spoon. It was a device the crusaders had never seen before. It had long celery stalk like part that seemed to be pointing at the crusaders. In particular it was targeting Applebloom.

“My Silver Cannon I’ll explain later,” Silver Spoon said proudly. “My Silver Call allows me to add any “Silver” Monster in my deck to my hoof. I’ll take my Silver Spirit.” The card just like before magically floated out of Spoon’s duel disk into her hoof. “Now I’ll summon my Silver Spirit!” A gray ghostly unicorn appeared on Silver Spoon’s field. It floated freely above the filly with its back legs replaced by a wispy tail. ATK: 0 DEF: 0

“Oh and you complaining about our monsters being weak?” Scootaloo jumped in.

Silver Spoon merely laughed. “Whenever I play my Silver Spirit, I can special summon every other Silver Spirit card from my hoof, deck, or graveyard.” The ghost pony split into three of itself. Each continued to wander aimlessly about with a look of terror and boredom on their spiritual faces. “Now for my Silver Cannon,” Silver Spoon pointed at the weird device. “With its effect by sending all the “Silver” monsters on my side of the field to the graveyard, I can inflict 800 points of damage for every monster lost!” The crusaders each cringed as the ghost ponies crowded into the celery stalk. The cannon lit up as the ghosts finally all entered the tip. “Take this Applebloom!” Silver Spoon yelled as the cannon fired a silver laser at the yellow filly.

“Ahhhhhhhh!” Applebloom screamed as she fell dramatically to the ground. The first rule in the dueling rulebook was to always be dramatic no matter what. The filly rose to her knees as a number appeared floating over her head. It was her lifepoint count and it was dropping fast. Lifepoints: 4000>1600

“You okay Applebloom?” Scootaloo asked as her friend struggled to stand.

“Yeah I’m fine,” Applebloom said with confidence. The farm pony had been practicing the art of stunt falls long before this dueling hype even started.

Silver Spoon scoffed. “Well you won’t be fine in a minute,” She said coldly. “I play Monster Reborn!” A weird and quite frankly stupid symbol appeared on Spoon’s field. It shimmered with a strange glow as Silver Spoon’s ghost pony spontaneously popped up back on the field. “Monster Reborn revives any lost monster and since I brought back my Silver Spirit I get all 3 again!” The ghost pony again split into 3 shadowy entities each freely roaming the field. “Now I can use the effect of Silver Cannon again,” Silver Spoon said smugly. “This means I can wipe out Applebloom and deal 800 damage to Scootalou.”

“Wait a second here!” Applebloom cut in. “I didn’t even get a turn yet!”

“Too bad loser,” Spoon retorted. “This is what happens when you face the elite! Now be gone! I activate my Silver Cannon again!” The ghosts crowded into Spoon’s cannon which again lit up. The device then fired another laser out of its celery stalk at Applebloom. The filly shut her eyes. Was it really over so soon?