• Published 16th Jun 2012
  • 2,587 Views, 69 Comments

My Little Card Game: Dueling is Magic - RarityFigma



On the playground of destiny the CMC engage Tiara and Spoon in a battle of honor

  • ...
11
 69
 2,587

The True Reason

YESTERDAY

“This is stupid Sweetie Belle,” Scootaloo said as she struggled to put on her duel disk.

“What are you talking about?” Sweetie responded. “This is the best idea ever!”

“Ah don’t know about that,” Applebloom cut in. “I mean don’t we look just a little bit silly with these weird things on her legs.”

Sweetie laughed. “No no no, guys not only are these duel disk fashionable, but they’ll get us our cutie marks in no time flat!”

“What does a dueling cutie mark even look like?” Scootalou retorted.

“I don’t know,” Sweetie Belle responded. “Probably like a card or something.”

“This is bunk,” Scootaloo shot back. “I don’t think I even want a card on my flank!”

“Yeah I’m not so sure about this Sweetie Belle,” Applebloom said. “Ah mean does anypony even still play this game?”

Sweetie Belle kept her smile large as she strapped on her duel disk. “I already told you guys. This is retro now! Besides after we get our dueling cutie marks people will pay just to watch us duel! We’ll have our cutie marks and be rich in a snap." The two dissenting fillies both pouted. Sweetie looked confused for a second before finally letting out a sigh. “Look guys I know this is weird idea, but can you please just trust me?”

Both fillies exchanged glances. They had “just trusted” Sweetie Belle numerous times in the past with questionable results. Still their friend seemed dead set on this new plan and neither pony wanted to be the party pooper. Scootaloo and Applebloom both smiled. “Alright Sweetie Belle, we trust ya,” Applebloom said happily.

“Yeah,” Scootaloo jumped in. “It may have been expensive to get all this stuff, but if this dueling thing does pan out, then we’ll finally have our cutie marks!”

The trio pounded their hooves together. Sweetie Belle quickly wiped away a tear from her eye. They still trust me she thought even after all this time.




The smoke began to clear. Everypony was trying to see what Sweetie Belle had done to stave off Diamond Tiara’s attack. None were more concerned than Scootaloo and Applebloom. Each filly stared in their friend’s direction looking for a sign of life. Sadly there was none.

Sweetie Belle was laying face first on the ground. Her monster was destroyed and her last card on which all hopes of her survival had been pinned was left unopened. Both fillies began to tear up. Their dreams were crushed. This crazy fantasy had finally been revealed as foolish pipedream. Sweetie Belle’s Lifepoints: 1500>0

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon burst into laughter. “At last it’s finally over!” Diamond Tiara chuckled.

“Exactly it was only a matter of time,” Silver Spoon said. “I told you this duel was a farce!”

“I mean did you losers ever really think you could beat Spoon and me?!” Diamond Tiara shouted. The pair of fillies continued to laugh obnoxiously as Scootaloo and Applebloom each began to shrug. It’s over they thought. We should just give up before we get embarrassed even worse.

“Hold it.” Everypony turned to see Sweetie Belle struggling to stand. “It’s not over yet,” She managed to say. Her facedown slowly revealed itself. It was a shining card the likes of which no pony had ever seen before. The image on the card showed three hooves united in an epic brohoof.

Diamond Tiara pointed at Sweetie Belle and screamed. “WHAT IS THAT CARD?!”

“Yeah,” Silver Spoon said as she hurriedly flipped the pages in her magazine. “I’ve kept an archive of all ghost rare and secret rare cards in existence, but I’ve never seen that card before!”

“Hay Sweetie Belle what is that card?” Scootaloo cut in.

“Yeah,” Applebloom said. “You never showed us that card before.”

Sweetie Belle closed her eyes. “Well guys I wasn’t totally honest with you,” She said fighting back tears.”

“What do you mean?” Scootaloo responded.

“Well,” Sweetie Belle began. “The reason I wanted us to become Cutie Mark Crusader Duelists so badly is that well… I made a card.”

“You what?!” Applebloom yelled. Gasps could be heard from the crowd.

“It all started a couple months ago,” Sweetie Belle started. “I was cleaning up Rarity Boutique when I found this magazine lying in the corner. It said, Design your own duel monsters card and maybe it’ll get made into a real card! I was bored so I entered the contest. The problem was I didn’t have any inspiration, so I just drew a picture of us pounding our hooves and mailed in the drawing. Then two days ago I checked the mail box and found the cards waiting for me. They were so shiny and cool. I really wanted to show you guys, but I didn’t want you to think that I was an egghead. So I thought the only way I could show you the card, was if we all became duelists.”

“So this wasn’t about the Cutie Marks?” Scootaloo whimpered.

“It was about the marks!” Sweetie Belle answered. “But it was also about finding an excuse to give you each these.” Sweetie Belle pulled two cards from a pocket on her duel disk. In her hand there were two more copies of the mysterious shining brohoof card. Scootaloo and Applebloom stared at the shiny cards their friend had gotten for them. Any feelings of anger in their hearts vanished. Each now wanted to run over and just give Sweetie a hug.

“Uh hello!” Diamond Tiara yelled at her wide-eyed opponents. “First of all, had I known about this little contest I would’ve won it in an instant with my award winning artistic skills. Second what does it even matter? Sweetie’s lifepoints are zero so she can’t activate her card anyway.”

Sweetie Belle smiled. “That’s where you’re wrong Diamond Tiara,” she said coolly.

“What!” Diamond Tiara shouted as she glared at Sweetie Belle.

“My trap card is called Crusaders Forever!” Sweetie Belle said as she pointed proudly at the glowing card. “Its special effect only activates when my lifepoints hit zero. And that effect removes from play all cards on your side of the field!”

“No way!” Diamond Tiara shouted.

“That’s impossible!” Silver Spoon screamed. However just as the pair looked up they could see each of their cards beginning to vanish. Diamond Tiara’s palace crumbled and Silver Spoon’s Shield tore in two. Both of Tiara’s monsters also dropped to their knees before disappearing completely.

Sweetie Belle looked up to the sky before turning to her fellow crusader. “Guys I may have let you down, but just do me a favor and crush these jerks for me.”

Scootaloo couldn’t help, but smile. “Eh why not?” She said casually. “I mean regardless of the situation I can’t let Diamond Tiara beat me!”

“Don’t worry about us Sweetie Belle,” Applebloom jumped in. “This duel’s in the bag.”

“Excuse me!” Diamond Tiara shouted while stomping the ground. “We both still have all 6000 of our lifepoints! Our decks are still filled with rare powerful cards while your decks are still full of trash!” Diamond Tiara raised her head up high. “This duel belongs to us. Sweetie’s little gambit was a merely a waste of time!”

“Well if you’re so sure about that end your turn!” Scootaloo responded.

Diamond Tiara fumed. “FINE IT’S YOUR STINKING TURN ALREADY!” The pink filly screamed.

“Bout time,” Scootaloo said as she drew her card. “Time to finally strike back. Hay Applebloom ready to win this little duel.”

“Ah sure am!” Applebloom answered cheerfully.

“Has everypony lost their mind!?” Diamond Tiara shouted.

“Yeah,” Silver Spoon cut in. “There’s very little chance a garbage deck like yours could ever inflict 6000 points of damage in one turn.”

“Is that so?” Scootaloo answered cockily. She took a quick look at her cards before shooting a confident smile over to Silver Spoon. “Congratulations Spoon! You just bought yourself a one way ticket to loserburg!”