• Published 16th Jun 2012
  • 812 Views, 6 Comments

Chaos Engulfs Ponyville Act 2 - RarityFigma



When chaos returns to Ponyville can Twilight save the day?

  • ...
6
 6
 812

Chapter 1

Twilight sat in her library tree house casually reading a book. This is the life, she thought. The birds were singing and everything seemed beautiful. Ponyville was totally peaceful. Nothing could ruin this pleasant Monday morning Twilight mused. However just as she enjoyed that sentiment, Spike and Rarity walked into the library.

The tiny dragon ran in holding a large rock in his hands. “Twilight! Twilight!” Spike sang with joy. “So Rarity and I were on a date and-”

“Ehem,” the white unicorn interrupted. “Spike we were out gem hunting. It was most certainly not a date!”

Spike shot Rarity an annoyed look before continuing. “So Rarity and I were on a date!” Rarity facehoofed. “And we found this awesome rock!” Spike held up before Twilight’s face a giant D-shaped rock. Twilight’s eyes widened and her jaw dropped. “Pretty cool eh?”

The purple mare jumped from where she sat and began to teleport frantically around the room. “Oh no! Oh no! Oh no! Oh no!” Spike and Rarity stared at their friend’s display in utter confusion.

“Um Twilight darling, What’s wrong?” Rarity asked concerned.

At this point Twilight opened the book Obscure Unicorn History and Folklore and was quickly flipping through the pages. “Spike do you know what you guys just found?!” Twilight screamed.

Spike scratched his head. “Well no, that’s why we came to ask you.”

Twilight levitated the book over to where Rarity and Spike could see it. “You guys found the legendary Orb of Modnar!”

Rarity looked confused. “Pardon me did you say the Orb of Modnar?”

Twilight was sweating bullets as she flew the book back to read it. “It says here that long ago when Discord was defeated by Princess Celestia and Luna that he concealed a portion of his chaotic power into a single magic orb. The orb was lost to time, but the book says if it ever were to return the very fabric of Equestria would be destroyed!”

“Well thank Celestia we found it and came to you Twilight,” Rarity said with a smile. “I bet you can diffuse this little problem in no time.”

Twilight momentarily calmed down to enjoy the compliment. “You’re right Rarity. As long as we’re careful nothing bad should happen.”

“Hay guys check this out,” Spike said. The unicorns turned to face him. The tiny dragon had found a button on the back of the D-shaped rock. “There’s a button on the orb thingy!”

“Spike don’t you dare press that!” Twilight fumed.

“Yes darling,” Rarity said as she took the rock from Spike. “We can’t simply give into temptation and press buttons. I mean what would life be like if everypony gave into…” Rarity’s eyes widened as she stared the large enticing red button. “The allure of breaking the rules. The majesty of staying above the law! Oh the drama! Oh the mystery of challenging the unknown! Comparable only to the most forbidden of fruits! Pressing this button! Oh!” Rarity closed her eyes and slammed her hoof on the button much to the enjoyment of Spike and the anger of Twilight. Within moments of being pressed the D-shaped rock vanished into thin air.

Twilight grabbed Rarity. “What is wrong with you?! I told you not to press that button!”

“Sorry Twilight,” Rarity whimpered. “I just couldn’t help myself!”

Twilight let Rarity go as she looked around the room. “Where did the Orb go?! Ohh! We have no idea what could happen now!”

Spike took a few looks around. “Ah Twilight maybe nothing will happen.” Just as Spike said that, a huge sound was heard from outside. The trio rushed out the door to see that all the roads in Ponyville had transformed into solid gold. Spike sighed. “I stand corrected.”

Twilight started looking around frantically. The orb was nowhere to be seen. Rarity was drooling on the golden street while Spike was desperately trying to break off some of the gold with his tail. “Alright guys,” Twilight said calmly. “We need to find the Orb of Modnar before something horrible happens.”

“Are you kidding Twilight?” Rarity said while wiping away her drool. “Darling the roads are gold!”

“That’s not all!” The trio looked around to find the source of the voice which happened to be Rainbow Dash. The blue pegasus flew down in front of them. She had pink frosting all over her face.

“Rainbow Dash what’s with your face?” Twilight asked.

The pegasus lit up. “You guys won’t believe it! Rainbow Dash squeed. All the clouds in Ponyville are now cotton candy!” The trio looked directly up to see that every cloud in the sky was now pink. Numerous pegasi could be seen shoving their faces into the various clouds.

“That’s terrible!” Twilight cried. “Doesn’t that mean all the weather is cancelled?!”

“Yeah,” Dash cheered. “Not only can I eat cotton candy all day, but I’m also on break! See ya later!” And with that the blue pegasus flew off into the nearest cloud. Loud munching sounds ensued.

“This is a nightmare,” Twilight groaned.

“Why Twilight?” Spike asked. “Everything seems fine so far.”

Twilight turned to her assistant and glared. “We have no more weather which means, within a few months we’ll all surely die! Is that fine to you!”

Just then a new voice could be heard as well as the sound of fast paced stomping. Twilight looked in the direction of the commotion to see Applejack. The orange pony skidded to a stop in front of Twilight. Her face was wet with sweat and body was covered in paper cuts.

“Twilight ya gotta help me!” The farm pony begged.

“Applejack what happened to you?” The purple mare answered.

“All mah apples,” Applejack began to sob. “It’s just so awful.”

Twilight embraced AJ. “What’s wrong Applejack? Please tell me!”

Applejack wiped the tears from her face. “It’s mah apples Twilight. Somthin plum crazy happened to em!”

Twilight grew impatient. “What happened to your apples AJ?!”

“They up and turned into lawyers!” Applejack cried.

Suddenly a huge stampede could be heard. The group turned to see a herd of ponies with glasses and briefcases descending on Ponyville. The lawyer pony’s each began giving out their card and telling the townsfolk about their qualifications.

Applejack burst into tears again. “Mah apples! Mah sweet sweet innocent apples!”

Twilight grabbed Applejack in a tight hug “Now listen up AJ! You can’t break down now! You planted each and every one of those apples! That means they have to listen to you!”

Applejack took a moment to think. “Yer…yer right!”

“Oh course I’m right,” Twilight agreed pompously. “Now here.” Twilight teleported a pair of glasses onto Applejack. “I hereby declare you head of the Sweet Apple Law Firm.” Applejack’s cutie mark suddenly transformed from threes apples into a pile of money. “Now go control those lawyers!”

Applejack grew confident. “I’m on it!” AJ ran off and convinced the lawyers to return to the farm for a mandatory staff meeting. The lawyer herd followed the orange pony as they hurried out of town.

“Well that’s taken care of for now,” Twilight sighed.

“Quick thinking Twilight,” Spike laughed.

“Yes darling,” Rarity cheered. “You did beautifully.”

“Whatever,” the purple mare responded. “We’ve got to find the Orb of Modnar now!”

“Well well well. Looks like somepony’s crusing for a brusing!”

The trio recognized the threat from its timid voice. Fluttershy had appeared. Though at this time she had her arms crossed and was staring down on her “friends” with a clear malice. For this not their beloved Fluttershy, oh no, it was… ASSERTIVESHY!

“Fluttershy thank Celestia you’re here,” Twilight cried. “You see we really need your help finding the or-” Fluttershy stuck her hoof in Twilight’s mouth.

“If somepony starts talking shit, it’s your job to help them quit,” Fluttershy growled.

Twilight drew back. “Fluttershy! That’s! That’s not like you!”

“Twilight,” Rarity whimpered.

“What is it Rarity?” Twilight said returning to the story.

“I think Fluttershy has become hyper assertive like she did a few months ago,” Rarity said.

Twilight stomped the ground. “And where was I when that happened?!”

“Darling I don’t know you weren’t in that show!” Rarity cried. Then she covered her mouth in shame. The rhyming Fluttershy employed had become contagious.

Meanwhile Fluttershy had grown tired of not rhyming. “Hay!” The trio all turned to face the badass “New” Fluttershy. “You ignore me.” The yellow pegasus entered a combat pose. “I break your knee.”

Spike and Rarity both started to cower, but Twilight would have none of it. “There’s no time for this!” She yelled. “We’ve got to find the Orb of Modnar now!” We can’t waste time dealing with Psychoshy here!”

“Oh I’m a psycho huh?” Fluttershy flew over and punched Twilight in the stomach. The purple was tossed through the air and crashed into her house. Luckily during the last five minutes Twilight’s house had magically transformed into jello so she easily endured the hit. Fluttershy grinned maliciously. “You mess with the Shy, I’ll make you cry!”

“Twilight are you ok?!” Rarity and Spike screamed in unison.

Twilight picked herself up and glared at her attacker. Then she took a deep breath and turned to Spike. “Ok number 1 assistant, go distract her.”

Spike froze up. The screen around him turned blue. His face was left dumbfounded. “Are you crazy Twilight? She’ll kill me!”

Twilight’s horn glowed and magic enveloped Spike. Within moments he was flying head first toward “New” Fluttershy. The enraged yellow pegasus got her fists ready as she spouted another battle rhythm. “Fuck with this tree, and death you’ll see!”

“I’d really rather not!” Spike screamed. A dust cloud erupted as Fluttershy began to pound Spike.

“Oh poor Spiky-Wiky!” Rarity cried. “We’ve got to save him!”

“There’s no time,” Twilight said as her grabbed Rarity’s hoof and ran off. As the pair looked back on the rare sight of Fluttershy pummeling Spike, they both felt a strange mix of pity and hunger.