• Published 16th Jun 2012
  • 812 Views, 6 Comments

Chaos Engulfs Ponyville Act 2 - RarityFigma



When chaos returns to Ponyville can Twilight save the day?

  • ...
6
 6
 812

Chapter 5

Twilight opened her eyes to see Applejack sitting beside her. The farm pony was reading a legal textbook or rather staring that the few pictures the dusty tome had to offer. As she noticed her friend’s movement, the orange pony smiled. “Phew I was worried I might’ve hit ya too hard fer a minute.”

“What… what happened?” Twilight whimpered cradling her head. “I’ve got a serious headache.”
“Oh you went a little crazy earlier so I punched cha into that vege.” Applejack pointed at the giant artichoke that Twilight was now inside. The purple mare pushed her way out of the plant and shook off the juice.

“Did we ever find Orb of Modnar?” Twilight begged, her memory starting to return.

Applejack sighed. “Nope and while you were out something even worse happened.”

Twilight’s eyes widened. “How could things possibly get any worse?!”

Applejack this time pointed at Twilight’s flank. Where there was once a beautiful star was now replaced by a corny knock-knock joke. “Are you kidding me?!” Twilight raged. “Knock knock who’s there? Your dad just phoned. Your dad just phoned who? My dad is dead. Then who was phone?! Twilight facehoofed. “That’s not funny and it makes no sense!”

“Don’t you worry Twi,” Applejack said with confidence. “While you were out I got mah lawyers together and we started filing a class action suit gainst that no good Discord!” Twilight suddenly had an epiphany. “I figure we can take that old snake fer all he’s got.” Applejack grew pensive. “Geez I sure hope he’s got something fer us to take.”

“Discord of course,” Twilight cheered. “We’ll go ask him where the Orb of Modnar is?!”

Applejack looked up at Twilight’s sanity bar. It was fully green. “Dang thing must be busted,” she said readying to slug Twilight again.

“Wait!” Twilight cut in. “I’ll just unfreeze his head and make him tell us where the Orb is!”

“Don’t ya think that may backfire on us?” Applejack said shooting Twilight a concerned look.

“It’s the best idea we’ve got right now,” Twilight answered. “Let’s go!”

“You aren’t going anywhere, but the wheelchair!” The pair could recognize the violent rhyming from a mile away. Fluttershy was back. The pissed off yellow pegasus landed right in front of them. She had a look of murderous rage on her adorable face. Under her hoof she held an unconscious and highly battle damaged Spike.

“Fluttershy how could you?!” Twilight growled at the monster that appeared to be her friend, but the New Fluttershy only laughed.

“Heh you know what they say Twi. Believing in a runt proves you’re a cunt.” Fluttershy threw Spike to the ground and reentered her badass arms crossed flying stance. “So which of you losers wants to go? And hurry up New Fluttershy hates waiting.” Twilight and Applejack both scowled at Fluttershy, but soon their attention was captured by loud obnoxious voice.

“WE ALSO HAVE RETURNED!” The pair turned to see Luna levitating an unconscious Rarity. “YOUR FRIEND PROVED NO MATCH FOR OUR INSANE DISCO SKILLS! LITTLE DID SHE KNOW WE SPENT 1000 YEARS HONING OUR DANCING POWERS ON THE MOON! HAHAHAHAHA!”

Twilight racked her brain for a solution. There must be some way to defeat both Luna and Fluttershy, but how?
Applejack took a step forward. “Well I reckin It’s my turn to fight.”

“AJ are you crazy?” Twilight bit her friend’s tail, but Applejack pulled away.

The farm pony gave her unicorn friend a serious look. “Twilight it’s up to you to save Ponyville from this chaos nonsense. Besides I figure if this is how ah help you to do it, then that’s fine wit me.”

“But you’ll get destroyed!” Twilight cried.

“Maybe,” Applejack said with confidence. “But it’ll be worth it. Now get a move on!” AJ walked over to where Fluttershy was flying. “Hay Fluttershy! Ah think yer rhymes are a crime!”

“What?!” Fluttershy dropped Spike as she started to tremble with rage. “You’re gunning my rhymes with your own lame rhymes! Nopony is allowed to do that and keep breathing AJ! New Fluttershy is gonna make you pay!”

Applejack grinned as she turned to Luna. “And Luna, you need to quiet down and disco dance yer way back to Celestia’s broom closet or where ever it is that she lets you sleep!”

Luna grew red. “HOW DARE YOU! WE ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH APPLEJACK! PREPARE FOR A ROYAL PLOT-KICKING!”

“Now get outta here Twi!” Applejack yelled back at her friend. Twilight gave Applejack one last sentimental glance before she finally turned to flee. Applejack smiled. “Ah guess this is it now.” She faced her enraged opponents. “Whenever you gals are ready.”




Twilight arrived at the entrance to the Hedgemont Center to find that Discord’s statue had disappeared. She panted, exhausted from running from the battle with Fluttershy. Now with her primary target missing, the purple pony screamed in rage. “Are you kidding me?!” Twilight fired at magic blast destroying the podium where Discord once stood. “Where is that jerk?” Twilight seethed with rage, but soon something caught her attention. It was clapping from emanating from the hedge labyrinth. Two familiar figures walked out the foreboding grove. Twilight sighed at this point nothing surprised her anymore. Not even the fact that Discord and Chrysalis were both approaching her with cynical grins.

“Well Twilight,” Discord laughed. “It’s so good to see you again.”

“How did you escape Discord?” Twilight growled.

Discord ignored Twilight’s question and instead looked up at the teal sky. “Well it seems my little Orb has caused this boring world at least a little chaos. So how did you like it Twilight? How did you enjoy the pure uncut chaos?”

Twilight grabbed her own sanity meter, which by this point was again near full and ripped it in half. “Tell me how you escaped.” Her face was red. There was no question Twilight had exchanged insanity for total and complete rage.

The black hole-ridden changeling queen took a proud step forward. “I helped Discy to escape.”

Twilight’s rage climaxed and transformed into an embarrassing state of confusion. “Discy?”

Discord and Chrysalis laughed uproariously. “That’s right Twilight Sparkle,” the serpent monster chuckled. “Chrysy and I are together now!”

“After your brother and his wife showed me the power of love, I had no choice but to harness that power for myself!” Chrysalis happily embraced Discord. “And now I know how it feels!”

“Oh Chrysy darling you’re far too affectionate!” Discord laughed.

Twilight wanted to throw up. She lost her anger and now just wanted to leave. “Excuse me,” Twilight said quietly.

“Yes,” the evil couple answered in unison.

Twilight made puppy dog eyes “Can you please turn off the Orb of Modnar?”

“Oh Twilight Sparkle.” Discord laughed. “You’ve had the Orb of Modnar with you all along.” Discord flew over to Twilight and reached into her mess of a mane. From it he pulled the rocky orb that only hours ago had disappeared randomly. Twilight’s eyes widened. “You see? The Orb merely shrank and landed in your mane.”

Twilight twitched… a lot. “Ok ok. So can you make it stop now?” The purple mare begged.

“Oh course,” Discord said.

“Phew,” Twilight sighed.

“Not!” Discord cheered as he threw the Orb into the sky.
Twilight stared in awe and fear. “Why?!” She pointed her horn at Discord, but the monster had already flown back over to Chrysalis.

“Isn’t obvious Twilight?” Discord chuckled.

“Yes you foolish creature,” Chrysalis laughed. “You should’ve remembered that!”

Discord and Chrysalis both jumped up and proudly cheered in unison. “Were evil!”

Twilight drew all her magic into her horn. “For Celestia’s sake I’ll defeat both of you!” Twilight fired off her energy blast at the devious duo. Discord snapped his fingers. Twilight’s magic blast transformed into caramel. Chrysalis then levitated at giant apple in front of Twilight’s caramel beam. As Twilight’s magic gave out she realized much to her chagrin, that her ultimate attack had only created a giant caramel apple.

Discord and Chrysalis flew over the apple and stared down at Twilight. “So now it’s our turn.” Twilight gulped. The final battle had started and she was fresh out of magic…