• Published 18th Jun 2016
  • 539 Views, 29 Comments

Photo of A Melody - Applejack224



In the second part of Camera Flash's story, the young photographer travels to Ponyville's prestigious art school. Along the way, he meets a musician who will change his life forever

  • ...
3
 29
 539

Chapter six:Happy Birthday Melody, part one

Sometime had passed since that fateful night at the jazz club, and just as Baker had told him to do, Prep had apologised, albeit reluctantly, to Melody. By now, the weather had become much colder, with the leaves of many trees covering the streets. Camera had always found the Fall weather to be especially beautiful, and had put together quite a collection of Fall-related pictures. Many times he had shown Melody his photo albums, which the unicorn had always found both impressive and fascinating. Of course, there was the added bonus of seeing his best friend get all giddy over something he was excited about, which Melody couldn't help but find adorable.

The two now enjoyed a rather close friendship, which caused some to question whether or not they were a couple. This line of thinking was understandable, however, due to the matter in which they interacted, even looked at each other. Even Baker had, on a few occasions, asked whether or not Camera and Melody were more than friends, to which Camera always replied, "No, Baker, Melody and I aren't seeing each other, we're just good friends".

One Thursday, while on their way back home, Camera suddenly realized that he didn't know when Melody's birthday is. Turning to his best friend, Camera asked, "Hey, Melody, when is your birthday"?

"M-my b-birthday is O-October 24-24th", Melody replied, "w-when's y-yours"?

"August 12th", Camera answered.

Melody nodded with approval before continuing, "T-that's th-this S-Saturday".

Camera merely made a acknowledging sound in his throat as he considered what to do for Melody's birthday, wondering how best to spend it.

"Hey, how do you normally spend your birthdays", Camera asked after a long period of silence.

"We-well, n-normally, my f-family a-and I w-would have a s-smaller p-arty, s-since I wa-was so anx-anxious a-about big cele-celebrations", Melody explained.

Camera took this all in consideration. He was kinda expecting Melody to be used to big parties, due to his parents being famous musicians and all. However, Camera reasoned a smaller celebration made sense, giving Melody's social anxiety and distaste for parties that are large and loud.

"H-however, in-in the two y-years I-I've been h-here, no-nopony from t-the u-university h-has as-asked me ab-about my b-birthday. So, n-normally, my p-parents come u-up he-here for my birth-birthday", Melody continued, interrupting Camera's train of thoughts.

"So, can I expect to meet your parents? I mean, they sound like great parents if they're willing to travel a long way for their son's birthday", Camera asked.

Melody turned his head to Camera, smiled, and replied, "y-yes, but exp-expect D-dad to do a-all the tal-talking".

"What do you mean, your dad does all the talking, what about your mother", Camera asked, confused.

"C-Camera, s-she can't s-speak, t-that's why sh-she's kno-known as t-the sil-silent DJ", Melody explained.

The Mute DJ? No way, does he mean?

Author's Note:

And cliffhanger BOYYYYYYY