• Published 18th Jun 2016
  • 538 Views, 29 Comments

Photo of A Melody - Applejack224



In the second part of Camera Flash's story, the young photographer travels to Ponyville's prestigious art school. Along the way, he meets a musician who will change his life forever

  • ...
3
 29
 538

Chapter One: farewell our son

It was a late-summer morning in Los Pegasus, and ponies were going about that their business as usual. Among them was a well-recognised family of earth ponies, appearing many times in Equestrian news. Projector, a yellow stallion in his mid-forties, was one of Equestria's most renowned filmmakers, while his wife Page Turner was a very successful writer. Finally, there was their son, a dark-orange pony with dark freckles named Camera Flash. Camera was going to travel to Ponyville to study at Equestria's most prestigious art school, second only to the Manehatten school of arts and Celestia's school for Gifted Unicorns. As the train pulled up onto the platform, Projector said, "well, I guess this is goodbye".
"Yeah, I guess it is. I'll miss you guys," Camera replied, smiling at his parents.
"We'll miss you too, Son, best of luck," Page said, her Germane accent peaking through. Camera then gave his parents a hug.
"I love you guys," the young stallion said.
"We love you too, Son, and remember to write us a letter when you get to Ponyville, okay", Page requested.
"Oh, and if you see Film Reel there, say hi to the old guy for me, will you," Projector asked.
Camera nodded in understanding. Film Reel was one of his dad's old friends, having met when Projector first came to Los Pegasus 20 years ago. He currently ran a video rental store in Ponyville and Camera knew the two hadn't talked in years.

....

Three hours later, Camera found himself staring out the window as the Equestrian countryside rolled past. A movie was playing on the large TV in the wall above him, but he found the film incredibly boring and had blocked it out with only the faintest idea that it was playing. Bored out of his mind, Camera took a look inside of his saddlebags. Inside were snacks of all kinds, his personal camera, along with three rolls of film to go along with it, and a book his father had left him entitled, Advice on homosexual relationships, by Sir Fancy Pants. Camera chuckled when he saw this, for he knew his dad had a penchant for having books of this nature. Leaning back, Camera began to drift asleep, with the sounds of the movie in the background.

After a few more hours, Camera was awoken by the sound of a voice on the intercom saying, "all passengers heading for Ponyville, we have arrived at our destination. Please be sure to collect all your belongings and be careful while departing from the train. Have a pleasant day".

With a yawn and a stretch, Camera got up from his seat and prepared to collect his saddlebags. Stepping off onto the platform, camera was met by the orangish-yellow light of the sun as it set. "Sweet Celestia, it is bright", Camera murmured, using his hoof to shade his eyes. Making his way across the platform, Camera began to search for a certain pony.
"Hey Camera, over here", a female voice shouted from in front of him. Looking in that direction, he found who he was looking for, a dark-pink unicorn with an auburn-colored mane and tail, magenta colored eyes and a chef's hat for a cutie mark. This was Baker, Camera's cousin.