• Published 18th Jun 2016
  • 538 Views, 29 Comments

Photo of A Melody - Applejack224



In the second part of Camera Flash's story, the young photographer travels to Ponyville's prestigious art school. Along the way, he meets a musician who will change his life forever

  • ...
3
 29
 538

Chapter four: Hi, my name is Melody Light

The first day of actual classes was, as Camera put it, very unappealing. Oh sure, there was the initial excitement of starting college life and whatnot, but the classes themselves reminded him alot of high school, and nopony wanted to remember those. As Camera walked down the hall to the school cafeteria, he saw that stallion again, this time walking out of the classroom. Being able to look closer, Camera finally got some important details, like the stallion's dark blue coat, his slightly messy, but still stylish, mane, musical note cutie mark, and his eyes... sweet Celestia, his eyes, they were emerald green and seem to compliment his appearance well. Suddenly, the stallion caught Camera's stare and froze. Time seemed to stop at that moment as the two stared at each other, the silence being very difficult to break. Clearing his throat, Camera said, "Hello, my name is Camera Flash, what's yours"?

"My name is... my name i-is, Melody-Melody Light", the other replied, smiling shyly.

Gosh, that is adorable, Camera thought. "Well, its a pleasure to meet you, Melody, want to sit by me at lunch", Camera asked.

Melody's eyes seemed to brighten and he replied, "S-sure, I'd l-love that".

The two stallions then walked together to the campus' cafeteria, and after ordering their food, sat down at one of the smaller tables.

"So, Melody, are you new here too", Camera asked, taking a sip of his soda.

"Oh, oh, um, no, actually, this i-is my sec-second year he-here", Melody replied.

Nodding with understanding, Camera took a moment to consider his next question. "I see you're taking the musical classes. Do you mind if I ask what kind of music you play". Camera asked.

"Well, um, I-I mostly d-do rock mu-music, b-but I do o-other genres a-as well", Melody stammered back.

Oh man, what if he rejects me because of my speech impediment, the young unicorn thought.

"ooh, that sounds great, I bet you're good at it", Camera replied, smiling.

"Oh, I-I'm not t-that good", Melody replied, taking a bite out of his hay burger.

"Don't sell yourself short. I know alot of ponies who say they aren't good, but they're actually really talented", Camera offered, finishing his burger.

Wow. Even though we just met, he inspires alot of confidence in me. Somehow, I feel.. better just by being around him, and that smile of his, it is so cute the way he does it, Melody thought.

This stallion, even though he's shy, he's very sweet, and now that I'm up close, my gosh is he cute, Camera smiled thoughtfully.

Fortunately, the day was going to be a bit short, being the first day of the semester and all. As Camera began making his way back to his cousin's, he felt a tap on his shoulder. Turning around, he saw Melody smiling shyly at him.

"H-hey, Camera, y-you want to meet up s-sometime," Melody asked.

Smiling back, Camera replied, "Sure, even though we just met, I kinda consider you the first friend I've made here".

Melody felt his heart warm up at the sound of that.

I'm the first friend he ever made here, wow, Melody thought.

Camera patted his new-found friend on the shoulder and headed back home, all the while Melody just stared, shocked that the one stallion he'd been crushing on ever since he got here considered him his friend