• Published 16th Jun 2012
  • 3,955 Views, 138 Comments

Scratching the Surface - Johnny_Bell



Vinyl moves from Manehatten to Ponyville due to budget problems, adventure ensues!

  • ...
11
 138
 3,955

Chapter 16 (Lover, Lover)

It had been a few weeks after the Gala, and talk of the event had finally died down. Octavia hadn’t left the apartment the whole time from shear embarrassment. Vinyl kept trying to convince the grey mare that everything was fine, but Octavia wouldn’t move outside the apartment. Well, at least she was moving now. For a while, Vinyl had to take care of the grey mare while she stayed in their room, in the dark. She had been really upset over the event, even enough to push the supportive unicorn away at times. Still, it cheered Vinyl up a little bit to see her lover finally moving again. The unicorn stopped for a second.

Lover.. That’s the correct term, yes? I mean.. We are kinda dating now..have been for a while. Am I the same to her as she is to me? I should ask.” She trotted over to the grey mare and kissed her cheek.

“Why are you so happy?” The cellist asked in a snappy voice. Vinyl sank a little, causing Octavia to sigh. “Sorry, dear. Still a little upset.”

“I see.” The unicorn sat beside her. “I just wanted to tell you I loved you, is all.”

“Oh. Thanks.” Octavia got up and walked into the kitchen, as Vinyls face went blank.

“You’re....welcome?” She said after a bit, a little confused at the mare’s response. Octavia returned with a cup of coffee. She sat and nuzzled the unicorn.

“You know I love you too.”

Well, that answers that question.

“Vinyl, if I may?”

“If you may what?”

“Ask a question.”

“You just did.” Vinyl smirked.

“Ha ha. Smart-ass. I wanted to ask,” She paused as Vinyl took a sip from her coffee. “What’s your thoughts on... Us?” Vinyl looked at her with a confused face, taking another sip. “Most importantly...about how we’re gonna.. You know.... Mate and stuff...” The gray mare asked, shyly. The question alone caused Vinyl to spit the coffee out.

“I’m sorry, what?” the unicorn asked, after she was done choking.

“You.. You heard me.” Octavia cleared her throat and sipped on her coffee.

“Are you.. Instigating something?” Vinyl asked, fully paying attention to the calm, grey mare.

“It depends on how you answer that question, Ms. Scratch.” The unicorn looked out to the distance, thinking of an answer.

“As much as I’d love too... Can we like... Wait?” She finally said.

“That’s what I wanted to hear. I’ve been thinking about it for sometime.” She gave a sigh. “But I agree, we should wait to think about this until a later date.”

“But... Not too late right?” Vinyl asked, keeping her voice low.

“What do you mean?” Octavia set her cup down.

“Well.. This is something we need to talk about.. And we’ve been together... What..several months?”

“I’d say about five or six, but yeah.” She sounded so calm about the topic now. Vinyl scratched the back of her head.

“How about tonight?” Octavia turned to face her.

“I do hope you do mean talk about it.”

“Yeah, not actually do it... But yeah.. Talk..Unless we wana try...” The unicorn trailed off. Octavia smiled for the first time in weeks.

“You’re so cute when you’re confused.” She nuzzled the white mare, then walked down the hall. Vinyl sat there.

“What.”

“Oh, don’t worry about it, hun.” Octavia called out with a slight laugh.

“I will worry about it.” Vinyl joked. “Hey Tavi, you wouldn’t mind letting me borrow a few bits, would you?”

“For what?”

“I was going to go buy us lunch.”

“Was?”

“Well I can’t if I don’t have money.”

“Touché.” Octavia came back in the room and tossed a few bits to the DJ. “I would like the change back, if you would.”

“No.” the white unicorn smiled as she walked out the door.

“Don’t you ‘no’ me, miss! You’ll have to come home sooner or later.” Octavia returned the smile.

“Yes, master. Whatever you want, master. I’m a good pet for you, master.” Vinyl turned and said in her most raspy voice, causing both the mares to laugh.

Vinyl returned sometime later, levitating two bags with her magic.

“Back!” She called into the house, closing the door behind her. Octavia got up from the couch and hugged the white mare.

“Everything go well?” She asked.

“Swimmingly.” Vinyl levitated Octavia’s lunch over to her. “Oh, and your change madam.” She said as she floated a couple of bits to her.

“Thanks, dear.” The grey mare took the bits and placed them on the counter.

“Shall we eat?” The DJ asked, her stomach growling.

“It’d be an insult if we didn’t.”

“Was that even supposed to make sense?” Vinyl asked, lifting her shades.

“Not one bit.” She laughed. Vinyl swatted at the grey mare with her tail. They sat and began munching on their lunch.

“So... Mating.” Vinyl said suddenly, after finishing her meal.

“Vinyl.... Really?”

“What?”

“Alright. Lets get this talk over with.” Octavia threw away the trash left over.

“Where do we begin?” The unicorn asked, moving over to the couch.

“Well,” Octavia followed her. “We both know we love each other very much... And I’m sure we’ll just...”

“Do what comes naturally.” Vinyl finished with a blank look. Octavia nodded.

“Right.” She looked at the white mare. “But if we are going to try, I want it to be as romantic as possible.” Vinyl blinked for a few seconds.

“I can give that a shot. Romantic is my middle name.” She smiled, then laughed.

“Yeah, I’m sure it is.”

“Actually it’d be foreplay.”

Vinyl!

The rest of the day went by silently. Wasn’t until later that evening, that Vinyl convinced Octavia to go outside with her.

“Come on Tavi. We’ll just be out on the back porch, gazing up at the stars.” The grey mare gave a sigh, then smiled as she met Vinyl’s gaze.

“Alright. I’ll do it for you, and ONLY for you.” She kissed the DJ’s cheek. They walked out onto their back porch and Vinyl laid down, looking up at the cellist, who giggled at the sight of the fully grown white mare laying on her back. The DJ flailed her hooves.

“You gonna join me?” She asked, throwing out her best sexy smile. Octavia huffed with a smile, then laid down next to her partner. They sat there in silence for a little bit.

“Hey Tavi.” Vinyl finally broke the peaceful silence.

“Yes dear?” The grey mare responded with a smile. Felt great to say that out loud.

“Your performance, you know, at the Gala...” Vinyl stated. Octavia groaned and dropped her smile. “No no, before everything went crazy. From what I saw and heard....” She looked over to the cellist, who met her gaze. The DJ’s ruby eyes seemed to glow in the dim light. “It was beautiful.”

“The music, or me?” The grey mare joked.

“Both.” The white unicorn Kept her gaze steady. This was the first time Octavia had ever seen her so concentrated on something that wasn’t music related. The dark-maned mare took a deep breath.

“Oh V-Vinyl..” She stammered, moving closer to Vinyl. She moved in closer, slowly landing her lips upon the DJs. They stayed there for a bit, lips locked together in a passionate and romantic kiss that seemed to last forever. A shooting star flew above them, as if a signal from the heavens themselves. Their lips parted and Octavia wrapped Vinyl up in a hug, tearing up a little. “I love you so much.” The unicorn returned the hug, smiling.

“You you know what you deserve after a stressful week of panic and worrying?” Vinyl petted the earth pony’s mane.

“What?”

“You deserve to be treated right.” The Dj kissed Octavia again, then kissed her neck.

“Ah, Vinyl~!” Octavia’s face turned bright red in a deep blush. The DJ stopped and giggled.

“Somepony’s a bit sensitive.” She kissed the cellist’s neck again.

“Ah~! N-No.. I just.. I’ve..” She went silent, looking away.

“You just what?” Vinyl asked, giving her a soft gaze.

“I’ve never been.. Oh how did you put it... ‘Treated right’ before.” She slowly lowered her voice. Vinyl smiled.

“Then allow me.” The DJ whispered before kissing the cellist’s neck again. Octavia closed her eyes and gave a muffled squeak. The white unicorn continued to kiss her neck, making her way down to her chest. She focused on the grey mare’s chest for a while, before gazing up at her. Octavia already seemed to be out of breath, either from sheer embarrassment, or the fact she was having the best moment in her life. Vinyl took the chance and licked the mare from her chest to her chin, then deeply kissed her. They parted a few minutes later, gazing softly into each other’s eyes, Octavia completely out of breath. She was breathing so hard, the crisp autumn air showed each breath she exhaled.

“Hey! Get a room you two!” A voice called from across the street. Vinyl looked up in the direction of the voice, then back down at the grey mare. They both erupted in giggles.

“Hey Tavi, I agree with the voice. Let’s go inside.” She stated, standing up, and offered a hoof to help her marefriend up. Octavia gladly took the hoof and also stood up.

“Thanks Vinyl.” She kissed her cheek and they both walked inside. Vinyl lightly swatted at Octavia’s flank as she walked by.

“H-Hey!” The cellist exclaimed, turning a bright red again.

“Oh, get inside the house, you.” Vinyl smiled. Octavia returned the soft smile.

“Meet you in the bedroom?”

“Oh you know it.” Vinyl laughed, following the grey mare inside.




Hey hey! new chapter WOO!
Anywhoo, The next chapter is possibly a little to... *ahem* "sexy" for the content rating of this story, so I miiiight just put it on a sperate one-shot story later. Not too sure on that. Should let me know if that's a good idea or not. anyway, See you next update!

EDIT: chapter 16.5 located HERE! BE WARNED, NSFW, I guess. I dunno.