• Published 16th Jun 2012
  • 889 Views, 39 Comments

The Alchemist - Hummingbirds



The universe had more in mind than the perfect world of equestria...

  • ...
3
 39
 889

A brief awakening

“My dearest student, what…is that?!” Celestia inquired, still staring straight into her beloved students eyes.

Shaking off the awkwardness of seeing her mentor in such a disheveled state, she replied. “If is alright, what are you talking about? Am I different? Did I come back to life? Am I a ghost?!” She began to rabble on in worry, before Celestia spoke once more.

“None of such, you appear just fine, but, my dear.. your eye” She stated in nothing more than a low whisper, slowly hovering an antiqued mirror over to her student, where Twilight looked. At her left eye.

More precisely, into it, as a faint swirl of what appeared to be a galaxy, slowly spun in her pupil.

“I…I.. how..” She stammered, jaw agape. Then it hit her. She, just moments ago, was lost in some otherworldly universe, and now, it was displayed, albeit from a distance, in her eye.

Despite the little students confusion and revelations, the eldest sister was more than shocked.

She was terrified.

And she knew exactly why, as before her, lie what she had seen eons ago. The very same galaxy she was born under, and the very same place she had left in her foal hood, never to return. Before her, in her students eye, was knowledge in itself. Not just what she had taken, to provide a kingdom with pure happiness and prosperity, but anything.. and everything. From the musings of interdimensional beings, to the sketches of great artists, there was great wisdom. And its opposite.

She remembered now, why she recognized that galaxy. Moreso, she remembered its name.

Quivalere.

The galaxy of yin, and yang.