• Published 16th Jun 2012
  • 889 Views, 39 Comments

The Alchemist - Hummingbirds



The universe had more in mind than the perfect world of equestria...

  • ...
3
 39
 889

A minor adventure

Twilight awoke in a hazed field. There was grass as far as she could see, with a few scattered, majestic pillars. Standing slowly, she stood, in silence, as the world she knew was so quickly ripped away.

Looking up, she saw the moon.

No, she saw earth.

And another one.

And another.

It was beautiful. Yet.. impossible. Surely if left to gravity these systems would have collided with one another millennia ago, yet as far as she could see, planets and beautiful systems silently stood in space. Shaking off the ever so confusing thoughts, she looked around her again. Now, with her vision focused, she could make out symbols on the pillars. Walking to the closest one, she saw an engraving upon the stones.

Her mark.

In awe, she slowly raised a hoof and caressed the engraving. Was she dead? Was this some sort of tomb?
As she thought, her eyes suddenly went ablaze, in a fire of the purest white. Her whole life, she could see it all. What seemed like hours in her mind passed in nanoseconds. Quickly recovering from her little exploration, she returned to “reality”. Maybe she really was dead.

Slowly, she walked on. She wanted to see if spike was hurt, or worse. As if she knew where she was going, she arrived at another pillar, and touched it. Again, her eyes shifted to a blinding light, and she could see from his eyes. She could feel what he did, hear as if she were there, and she even had his thoughts running through her mind. She shifted around in spikes lifespan at will, but quickly checked the “end” to see if he was alright. She saw herself, laying in a large bed. Wait, princess Celestia was there, and she could see spikes arms. It seemed he was alive, but interestingly, it didn’t look like a funeral of any kind. How strange.

Her vision faded back again. She knew all she wanted to know.

But then again, if she could see the lives of anypony… and theoretically anything, there could be no harm in seeing Starswirl the Bearded’s studies, right? Walking, then trotting through the endless fields, she passed thousands of pillars. She knew where she was going, and paid no mind to it.

Finally, she arrived. Silently admiring the stone pillar, she placed her hoof upon the mark, soon to be engulfed in his lifespan. Checking some interesting times, she learned spells and incantations from the old era that were long forgotten. Some were powerful spells meant to cause dramatic change, and some were simple, like conjuring a lentil seed. In subconscious curiosity, she decided to see if he had loved anypony. It seemed that he did, and just as soon as she started traveling through such times, she learned that his lover- A purple pony named “Dawn”, was quite indulged by him. He seemed to be quite the lover, too, as she guiltily watched them together with a light blush. She watched him go through some more spells of his after that, paying no mind eventually.

She felt that it was enough, and that she would forget the details.

She hurried back to her stone, and touched it, hurdling back to her true body to greet a worried princess and a traumatized dragon, disregarding the shocked stares of them both.

She thought it was a dream. She thought she would forget soon, the spells and knowledge with it.


Unbeknownst to her, she would remember..


..all of it..


..forever.