• ...
5
 6
 1,474

Chapter 3

The Cutie Mark Crusaders looked outside their tree house, and stared at the shadowy trees. They were going to do crusading, but Sweetie Belle said it was way too dark and kept them inside.

"Come on, Sweetie Belle," whined Scootaloo. "I wanna do some crusading! Especially in the dark!"

"I don't know guys...," said Sweetie Belle. "This reminds me of going into the Everfree Forest...and now I'm scared again."

"We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders!" exclaimed Apple Bloom. "We're not afraid of anythin'!"

Sweetie Belle suddenly perked up, all her fear lost. "Yeah!"

Scootaloo jumped up. "Yeah! Let's go outside, Sweetie Belle!"

The three fillies ran outside and looked around.

"Uhhh...what can we do outside?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"I don't know. Usually, Scootaloo thinks of the things we can do," said Apple Bloom.

"Hmmm..." murmered Sweetie Belle. "How about Cutie Mark Crusaders Stargazers?"

"Naw," said Scootaloo. "How about...Cutie Mark Crusaders Night Adventurers?"

Apple Bloom smiled. "That doesn't seem half bad!"

"Then let's go, Crusaders!" exclaimed Scootaloo.

"Wait!" exclaimed a voice.

The crusaders turned to see two unicorn colts running to them. They were known quite well, for they brought a Ursa Minor into Ponyville just to see Trixie defeat it, when Trixie actually couldn't, that she had lied to make her look good.

"Snips!" said Apple Bloom. "Snails! What are y'all doing here?"

"I stopped by Twilight's library! All her friends were there!" said Snips. "She said...she said..."

"Said what?" said the crusaders in unison.

"That Discord has returned!" exclaimed Snails.

The crusaders stood there, their mouths wide, not believing what they had just heard. But they had to, because the evidence was clear.

"B-but Twilight and her friends can stop him, can't they?" sputtered Sweetie Belle.

"Of course!" said Snails. "They did it before!"

"But..." said Apple Bloom. "What if they need help?"

"What if Rainbow Dash needs help?" said Scootaloo shakily.

"And Rarity?" said Sweetie Belle.

"And Applejack?" stuttered Apple Bloom.

"I think you should help them," said Snips.

"We'll come with you," said Snails.

"Crusaders, let's go!" commanded Apple Bloom. Then the five school ponies ran into the apple orchards.

Bam!

"Scootaloo!" exclaimed Applejack. She stopped beside Scootaloo. Scootaloo had ran into a apple tree. She had a small bump on her head and some bleeding, but it still looked bad.

"I'm fine. I just ran into a apple tree in the dark. I couldn't see," said Scootaloo. She gave a small, weak, laugh. "Wonder what Rainbow Dash will think when she sees me."

Apple Bloom bit her lip. "You're not fine. And Rainbow Dash will be surprised. Fluttershy will take care of it." Apple Bloom helped Scootaloo up. "Come on."

The two fillies caught up to the others and raced off through the apple orchard and ran in the direction of Twilight's library.