• Published 8th Apr 2016
  • 3,969 Views, 63 Comments

The Tales Of A Night Stalker - Don Pedro von Poltergeis



A guy gets sent to Equestria as a ponified Night stalker.

  • ...
13
 63
 3,969

Chaper 2: Walking through the desert with a crow, er, unicorn

Author's Note:

Here's the next chapter. I hpe it's less crappy than the previous one.

I woke up and stretched my forelegs, discovering that whatever Windy did to me has worn off, and find Windy still using my flank as a pillow, though she looked incredibly cute…. And hot.

Argh, knock it off, brain, I mentally scolded my perverted mind.

I decided to just lay there and wait for Windy to wake up and while I waited my thoughts wandered, ranging from how I look similar to a Night stalker from Fallout: New Vegas to how I was oddly alright with Windy using me as a pillow.

No it can´t be, I thought, Great, just great I get sent to a new world and what do I do? I get myself a crush!

Just as I finished my mental fuming I felt Windy stir.

“Good morning, Spooks.” She said groggily, rubbing her eyes with her forelegs.

“Morning.” I replied with a yawn.

“Did you sleep well?” She asked with a smirk.

I gave her an unamused look in response causing her to giggle.


After waking up I and Windy had breakfast which consisted of some dried fruits and oatmeal.

“So what´s the plan for today?” I asked her while chewing on a dried slice of banana.

“Well, I planned to go to Appleloosa.” She replied.

“Why?” I curiously asked her.

“Because it´s where I live.” She replied simply up.

Following Windy´s example I stood up before stretching like a cat and when I was done stretching my face was assaulted by a bundle of clothes.

“Put these on.” Windy said while searching through the tent for something.

Looking through the pile of clothes that was used to assault me I found a desert camo boonie hat and a tan shirt.

“Why the shirt?” I asked confusedly.

“It has a heat reducing enchantment on it, so it should keep you from overheating.” She replied, still searching through the tent. Did I mention that the tent is about the size of a
small apartment?

“I think that won´t be necessary seeing that I am coldblooded.” I said, plopping the boonie hat on my hat, my ears going through the two holes that are in the hat.

“Really?” She asked looking up from her search and giving me a look of curiosity.

“Well, yeah. I mean the night stalkers-“ I started replying before being cut off mid-sentence.

“Night stalkers?” Windy asked, confused.

“Yes, back home they are a fictional hybrid between a coyote and a rattlesnake from a game named Fallout: New Vegas. And earlier today I thought that I look somewhat similar to them.” I replied slipping into 'teacher' mode for a while.

“Huh. You learn something new every day.” She said giving a nod of understanding “Oh, and by the way you look cute in that boonie.” She added making my face to turn beet red.

Yep, it's official I have crush on her, I thought looking at my newly discovered crush look around the apartment sized tent, dat ass tho…. Wait, what?!

Luckily my thoughts about Windy's posterior were interrupted by her exclaiming “AHA!” and levitating a pair of aviator sunglasses over to me and putting them on.

“There! Now your look is finished!” She exclaimed gleefully before shoving a small mirror into my face.

Grabbing the mirror in my forelegs I took a look and saw for the first time how my face look like and to say I was surprised was understatement.

My new snout is short and rounded and distinctively feminine looking, my ears are pointed and upon getting a closer look I could see some scales underneath the fur on them. The boonie and sunglasses gave me this 'desert adventurer' look.

“Are you done admiring that pretty face of yours?” Windy teasingly asked.

“It isn't my fault that my face is that beautiful.” I shot back with a smirk.

“Yeah, yeah whatever…….. fuzzball.”

“Hey!”


A few hours later

After Windy collapsed the tent and tucked it into a pair of sturdy looking saddlebags she proclaimed me the tent carrier and put the saddlebags on my back. Surprisingly the tent was smaller than it should be considering the room it haves inside it.

So yeah here am I walking through a desert with a crow, er, unicorn.

“What were you before you came here?” Windy asked, breaking the silence that lasted since we left the campsite.

“I was a pyrotechnic.” I replied.


“A what?” She asked, clearly confused.

Oh, right they probably don't have pyrotechnics here, I thought before replying “A pyrotechnic is someone who deals with the dangerous stuff of the explosive kind.”

“Oh, now I get it.” She said with a face of understanding.

After this brief conversation we again lapsed into silence leaving me alone with my thoughts that is until an annoying itch started spreading across my body starting from my nose. At first I thought nothing of it idly scratching it with a foreleg, and nearly falling over, but when I felt the itch spread across my whole back which was soon followed by the rest of my body it became unbearable, causing me to collapse onto the desert sand and scratch madly at everything my hooves could reach.

“Hey, what's wrong?” Windy asked with her voice laced with concern.

Realization struck me like a lightning. Don't snakes molt? Oh, god they do! And seeing that I am a part snake…

“I think I am molting!” I managed to squeeze out between scratches.

“Oh. Do you want my help?”

“Just find where the skin is peeling and tear it off!” I quickly explained.

Windy nodded and her magic enveloped my body keeping my hooves from moving thus rendering me into an itching and whimpering mess. What followed was the itchiest ten seconds of my life before Windy find the spot where my skin was peeling off and promptly began removing the molting.

“Eww.” She exclaimed as she threw the night stalker shaped skin-suit away.

Meanwhile I was laying on the desert sand my ridiculously long tongue lolling out of my mouth.

“Now that's what I call bliss.” I muttered dreamily.

Windy giggled before helping me stand up and replacing my boonie and sunglasses, both of which I have not noticed falling off.

“I think we both agree that we will never speak of this again.” I said to Windy with a dead serious expression.

“Can´t argue with that one.”

“So what do you do for living?” I asked changing the subject to something more comfortable.

“I am nurse in the town hospital. And before you ask what I was doing in a desert, I was on a climbing trip.” She replied to my question.

After this we again lapsed into comfortable silence, which I broke with a question.

“So how long before we get to this Appleloosa place?”

“It´s about a two days walk from here.” She replied calmly.

“WHAT?!” I shouted in disbelief.

And with that we continued our trek through the desert.