• Published 8th Apr 2016
  • 3,939 Views, 63 Comments

The Tales Of A Night Stalker - Don Pedro von Poltergeis



A guy gets sent to Equestria as a ponified Night stalker.

  • ...
13
 63
 3,939

Chapter 6: Serious Spooks: Winter Encounter

Author's Note:

This chapters marks the start of the crossover with The Winter Rose. This chapter was written by WinterSolstice321, so he's the to blame for Big Boobs.

It was late in the afternoon in the city of Silent Hill. Children were playing in the snow from yesterday's blizzard that has closed down every school for a much-needed snow day for the kids. A group of three ponies; one thestral, one lunar unicorn, and a night stalker, however, were not outside to play. All three of them waited outside of the throne room to have an audience with Arcadia's Empress and ruler, Winter Ruby Rose.

All of them looking nervous as the watched a light black mare with a star metal katana walk out, followed by a body bag that was dripping with blood. Spooks instantly thought that the mare with the katana was being taken to prison for trying to kill the young Empress, but that was not the case.

All three of them watched the mare with the katana walk passed them a few minutes later in a light set of black armor with tribal, azure inlays which all of the Black Knight Elite wore in the castle, with a smile on her face that was borderline insane. Then, as she left out of the door to a section that was sealed off from the public, Spooks, and her friends were granted entrance to the throne room.

Spooks gulped as the big, double doors of ivory opened, revealing a long hallway to a set of stairs that lead to an ivory throne that looked like a pair of wings protecting the person that sat there. She walked with her nervous company passed the doors on a checkered tiled floor of light gray and silver that was polished to a mirror finish.

They quickly walked towards a small podium in front of the throne, passing a guard in black armor that stood beside the gothic pillars in between each window. Spooks noticed that each guard was different as they walked under a roof that was painted to look like a starry night sky. Each pair of guards were a different race from the last, but the pony variation was hard to determine from their similar body type, but the two dragons in silver armor that were easily ten-feet-tall were very hard to miss.

Spooks made a note not to piss off the Empress that, from the rumors she heard from the barmaid she talked to at breakfast time was true, the Empress can see into the future and will not allow anyone to try and use her despite her young age.

Spooks and her friends stopped at the podium that was more like an elevated plate of marble with a gothic-style guardrail in front of them and got a good look at the young Empress and her two, personal guards.

The young Empress was wearing a silver crown with a sapphire as the centerpiece. Behind her crown was a pair of two, black, horns that looked like they belonged to a dragon. She wore a silver collar that perfectly matched her silver crown. Her rough, wolfish hair was two shades of blue with red paintbrush splashes throughout her mane. Her white coat had a very light shade of blue that was almost impossible to see. Her body was toned to perfection that made Spooks slightly jealous to look at, but what made her not jealous was her scars.

On her left shoulder were three, diagonal slashes, that looked absolutely horrific. Spooks couldn't imagine what could have caused them nor the three, vertical slashes over her red, right eye. Her left eye was a warm, azure blue that had a black tattoo that looked like there were several clocks above and below her eye. She heard stories of the young Empress fighting entire legions of wild Diamond Dogs by herself, which she thought was a big fat lie, but now that she sees some proof of this claim. Spooks made sure not to incur her wrath.

Beside the empress was two, impossible entities that have made news in the past few days. Standing to Winter's right was an Angel in silver armor that looked like she was wrapped in wings. Her white hair cascaded over her wing-like pauldrons, but judging from the giant, black sword on her back. She was anything but delicate.

Standing at Winter's left was a three-foot tall cat girl in a black mini skirt, and white dress shirt. She had a black, wooden bar holstered to her back that looked like a Tanto, but from the distance that Spooks was looking at, she couldn't be quiet sure if it was. She didn't understand why Empress Rose could have a child at her side, but then again. If the rumors of the kitten known only as Wolhana was true, then the cat girl at Winter's side could kill all three of them, and they wouldn't even know it even happened. Spooks saw the young Empress give her the go ahead to speak and cleared her throat for the words that she was about to say.

"H-Hello, your Majesty," the night stalker mare said with a bow, electing a raised brow from the Empress. "My name is Spooks, and I am here before you today because a friend of mine was kidnapped and—" Spooks stopped because Winter raised her hoof to stop her from speaking.

"Then why didn't you make a claim with the guard?" the Empress asked in a bored tone.

"—I-I d-don't think your guard could help with this," Spooks replied with a stutter as she shoved Night to give her the letter that she found in the hotel room that the kidnappers dropped. Winter spoke again with a sigh.

"And why not? My guards have a success rate of one-hundred percent on finding whoever was kidnapped. Talking to me wouldn't help your case all that much," Winter stated plainly.

"Well, uh...Would you hear us out?" Windy asked the bored Empress. Winter rolled her eyes with a sigh while taking a sip of what Spooks could guess was coffee from a white mug that came from out of nowhere.

"Fine, just hurry up, I have other places to be right now," Winter replied.

"Right," Windy said sheepishly and motioned Spooks to continue their case.

"A-AS I was saying, our friend was kidnapped. The ponies that committed the crime left us a note as to where they were heading and that we think has something to do with you," Spooks nervously said as she held the note out for the young Empress to see.

Winter raised a brow to the Spooks, the snake thing and teleported to the note herself so she could read it, causing the three mares to jump slightly that the note was suddenly in the young Empress's hooves.

Winter let out a breath of annoyance as she opened up the letter. It wasn't every day that she was asked to help with a kidnapping case that a quick call to Luna couldn't solve. The lunar princess was a godsend to the search and rescue team with her dream walking. Being able to see where everypony is in the world, and being able to tell who was who in the dreamscape made it impossible for ponies not to be found in just a few minutes after they suddenly disappeared.

Take the false skin to the docks, and make sure that the guards didn't follow you to the drop-off point. Then once you are finished with the false skin, take the Sigil of Alta to master Ahuizotl, at the rendezvous at Mount Sif, and make sure you don't damage it. It's the only key we have to enter the flying temple of storms.

Destroy this once you have the mare.

-J

Winter quickly read the letter and frowned at the end of it. This notion caused the three mares waiting for her response to the letter to fidget where they stood as they saw Winter's eye twitch in irritation.

'Fuck me,' Winter thought as she put the letter to the side, knowing exactly what was going on.

The fact that the letter had, 'false skin,' in it told that whoever that the kidnappers grabbed was a human. Why they grabbed Spooks’s friend was beyond her, but with the name of her grandmother's archnemesis, Ahuizotl, in the letter. Winter instantly knew that Daring Do and Canterlot University were involved as well. Which meant that the Temple of Alta had something that Celestia wanted, and it involved a sacrifice to get to it.

Winter rubbed her temples from a sudden headache that she just gained from reading the letter and decided that helping these three personally, was a must.

"Well, this is serious, so can I asked how you were singled out, out of a few thousand groups of humans?" Winter asked with a sip of coffee.

"Ah...Yesterday, my friends and I got into a fight with this stallion that was drunk at a bar. Apple Twilight—The mare that was kidnapped, and I were going to have a drink and hear some gossip while the two mares beside me looked for a place to sleep for the night. A.T and I kicked his ass before a guard showed up to come and arrest him for assault, but then he vanished like he wasn't even there," Spooks paused to add effect to the missing stallion, but Winter wasn't too impress with it and rolled her hooves to tell her to get on with it.

"S-sorry...We met back up later at a cozy, little Inn by the Docks, and called it a night. I was later woken up by a strange sound and pulled out my weapons thinking that we were being robbed or something. I walked my mare-friend and I's room, and low and behold, the bar stallion and some friends knocked out Night and tied up A.T before he stunned me and ran out the window with A.T on his back. We later found the note that Night managed to nab from one of the stallions, and came here the next day," Spooks explained.

Winter closed her eyes in deep thought for a moment after hearing the short story of the capture of the mare known as, A.T. She made the connection that the stallion in said story most likely ran to the docks like the letter told him to do, which meant that they already had a head start to Mount Sif, however. She also knew that it would take them some time to regroup after the drop off to get the key to Alta's temple, so they had a couple of days to save A.T and prevent Daring Do from gaining entrance to The Temple of Alta, but there was one problem about this plan.

'We don't know shit about the Alta Tempest, or much about her history. I do know that she was a Demon of Storms. So I can safely bet that I could talk to Archbishop Big Boobs about what information we are missing, which is someone that I was going to talk to in a few minutes anyway. Looks like I'm dragging these three mares with me to the Temple of the Wind. Yay, me,' Winter thought with a sigh.

Winter drank the rest of her coffee in one go before she let out a satisfied sigh and spoke to the waiting mares in front of her. "Well, we might as well get the information we don't have and don't worry too much about your friend. We have a few days, max before we lose the trail. So follow me to The Temple of the Wind. We should get the info we need before we save your friend from my grandma and the tail hand freak known as, Ahuizotl."

Spooks and company let out a sigh of relief before they all tilt their head to the filly that walked off of her throne and was making her way to them with her two guards. "Grandma?" they all asked in unison. Winter gave them a cheeky smile and pausing in front of them.

"Yeah, Daring Do is my grandma. Cool right?" Winter said before she started to walk out of the throne room. It took a few seconds for the three mares to process what she just said, and Spooks watched Night and Windy faint at the notion that Winter was related to a fictional character. Spooks just shook her head, thinking that she was lying, and picked up her friends, and followed the young Empress to the Temple of the Wind.


"Big Boobs, hehe, I still can't believe someone is named that," Spooks giggled uncontrollably in a very, immature manner, earning her many smacks upside the head from the recently awoken Windy, the lunar unicorn.

"Yeah, you should meet her brother, John,” Winter said as they entered a room that was hidden behind the painting of Priscilla.

“John who?” Spooks asked, causing her friends to hang their head in shame for the trap she just walked in.

“JOHN CENA!" Winter shouted before erupting into maniacal laughter, causing Spooks and Azrael to laugh hysterically while everyone else, was not amused.

Ignoring the three mares rolling on the ground holding their stomachs from a joke that the rest of them didn't understand. Windy asked the mare standing in a decrepit library that was being used to hold anything related to the wind, and all its components and history.

"Hey, Big Boobs! Can we ask you a few questions?" Windy asked for the dying Empress and her mare-friend.

The skin-colored mare that was hiding behind a fortress of old books poked her head out with an unamused expression on her face, but that changed when she saw her Goddess rolling on the ground, laughing at a joke that was spreading throughout the Empire like wildfire. Big Boobs jumped out of her seat and quickly greeted the group of mares while her Goddess and the Night Stalker recovered from a bland joke.

"Why of course!" she said excitedly before she began to kiss her Goddess's holy hooves. "Anything for my Goddess of the Wind, Daughter of Twilight, Empress of Arcadia," she said in between smooches of Winter's hooves before Azrael tapped the enthusiastic mare with her sword, Zangetsu. Big Boobs jumped back with a sheepish smile while Winter wiped her wet hoof on Spooks like a rag before she spoke up for what they need.

"Right, now that you aren't making my hooves wet, what can you tell us about the Temple of Alta Tempest?" Winter asked while Spooks glared at the young Empress for using her as a rag.

"Sorry, I sometimes get carried away. Just being in your presence makes my breast milk leak out uncontrollably," Big Boobs said before she grabbed a book from her book pile, and showing the puddle of liquid where she once stood, effectively grossing out everyone in the room, but Winter.

"Here we are!" Big Boobs said as she dusted off a big, brown book and sat down in the puddle of milk, and revealing why she was called Big Boobs. Night, Spooks, Windy, and Azrael looked like they were going to vomit from the sight of the two, big, leaking, breasts that Big Boobs was showing off without a care. While Winter just clicked her tongue, not phased that the earth pony mare was leaking gallons when she wasn't even pregnant. Big Boobs spoke up again after finding the page she was looking for to the relief of everyone in the room.

"According to this scripture: The Temple of Alta Tempest is a place where the Demon Spirit of Storms was said to be worshipped. It is a place that is carefully hidden and protected by what is known as, The Endless Storm. No one has ever gotten past the storm where Alta's treasure: The Winglets of Storms, resides. The only way in is a key in the shape of a sapphire Ocarina, and it is believed that you have to play a song with the ocarina to gain entrance to the temple, however. The song is said to be lost forever, but the storm still exists to this day in the western ocean that blocks Japapony and Arcadia from each other. And that's all that I have on the subject, unfortunately," Big Boobs said solemnly.

"Well, it's a start. We know the key, where it is, and where the general location of the temple is. I guess you were going to ask me to fund an expedition to, somehow, gain entrance to the temple?" Winter asked to the mare that was drinking her own milk, and causing Windy and Spooks to puke in the garbage can in the corner of the room.

"Yes, that is correct, We had ponies looking for the key with our own money, but a group of mercs' stole it before we could bring it to you to help our case for further study on the matter, but you know where it is! Are you planning on bringing it back?" Big Boobs said with joy in her eyes.

"Yeah, but we might take longer than normal, so stay here and we should be back in a few days with more than just the key," Winter replied happily.

"That would be wonderful! Oh! I should probably let you get going," Boobs gasped. Winter gave her a curt nod, and left the room with everyone else, leaving the mare alone to drink her own milk like it was going out of style.

"Well, ain't that convenient?" Spooks said, still sick from the sight she just saw.

"Yep, but let's not get ahead of ourselves," Winter replied.

"So what's the plan?" Night chimed in as they walked out of the temple.

"We go our separate ways for now, and prep for a long trip. Get bullets, food or whatever, and meet me back at the docks. I will be waiting for the ship called, The Summer's Aria. It's a black battleship at the northern end of the docks, you can't miss it," Winter said as they stopped at the door.

"You got it," Spooks saluted before they parted ways.