• Published 8th Apr 2016
  • 2,105 Views, 12 Comments

Foalsitting - JediWyrm



Twilight and her friends are foalsitting her niece, Flurry Heart. The foal is hungry, they're out of milk, no breast is safe.

  • ...
7
 12
 2,105

Intro

Twilight was lounging in her chair, engrossed in the book she was reading. Not much different than how she normally spent her time in the Crystal Empire due to all the old books in the library. However this time was not like the others, as a small cry reminded her.

Placing a bookmark to keep her place, she set the book aside before heading over to the crib where her niece was waking up from a nap.

Giving her a quick check revealed that she was likely hungry. Twilight put a pacifier in the newborn's mouth to distract her while she ran over to the nearby kitchen to retrieve some milk.

As she entered the kitchen she saw Pinkie Pie mixing up a large batch of cupcake mix, several trays of cupcakes were covering the counters. Most of them decorated.

Twilight greeted her friend as she opened the fridge. Not seeing the milk she swore she had put in the fridge to thaw, even though it was part of her checklist so she must have put one of the bags in there, she decided to look in the freezer.

Twilight stood in slight shock, all the milk Cadence had pumped and froze so they could feed Flurry Heart over the next few days was missing. Looking around the kitchen and a quick mental calculation on the ingredient amounts led her to a revelation.

"Pinkie, did you use all of the milk in the fridge and freezer?" She asked to confirm her theory.

"Yep. The freezer's an odd place to store milk. I mean they could've been trying to make ice cream but that's not how you make it. I do like how it was portioned into the little baggies, made it easier to measure out the amounts -" Pinkie continued on.

Twilight phased her out, a useful technique she learned when her rather exuberant friend yakked on. Dozens of scenarios ran through her mind. Then her trapspell went off.

A small cry could be heard moving rapidly through the castle. The baby had escaped her crib. Twilight multitasked her planning as she went off in search of her niece before something could happen to her.

Pinkie Pie poured the batter she was mixing into a baking tray before moving over to decorate more of the cupcakes, still chatting about the ice cream creating process and whether or not she could make ice cream cupcakes.

Twilight ran down the corridors chasing her wayward niece. Her emergency planning had stumbled on one of the child rearing books she had read to prepare for foalsitting. It had included a spell that could induce milk production and do so rapidly.

Shelving that plan just in case she couldn't think of a better one, she turned a corner and rapidly chased down where she could detect her nieces magic signature.

She felt a magic surge that's a telltale sign of a teleport spell.


Rainbow Dash was stretching her wings with a flight around the outside of the castle. She heard Flurry Heart crying inside, though the cries were wondering around the castle with a rather rapid pace. Circling one of the towers Rainbow spotted Twilight sprinting down the hallways, in obvious chase of the young foal.


Applejack lowered the book she was reading. The cover of the book stated that it contained some of the farming methods the crystal ponies utilized as well as the different crops they grew. She could hear Twilight running down the hallways, probably frantic about something or other. Maybe she had finished her book and was in search of another to read. Applejack returned to her book.


Rarity studied the various materials the Crystal Empire had to offer to a fashion designer. She heard a very distracting noise, reminding her of when she was younger and would babysit Sweetie Bell. A ladylike sigh escaped her as memories of her youth came to her. She shook her head lightly as she focused on introducing modern designs to the crystal mares and stallions. The thought of all those ponies being out of touch with fashion for a thousand years felt like a the absolute worst thing ever.


Flutteryshy sat in one of the gardens. Some of the local fauna was crowding around her. She was quietly talking to them, listening to their stories of their lives as well as the gossip amoungst the wildlife. A small shiver ran down her spine feeling like there was a being nearby that needed comforting. Looking around she couldn't place where the feeling was coming from. Letting out a sigh she decided to focus on the animals for the time being. A shadow moved across her as Rainbow Dash flew above her.


Pinkie Pie moved the cupcakes about to make room for the tray from the oven. She slide in the tray she had just finished filling and closed the door. Letting the fresh baked cupcakes cool she proceeded to decorate some of the other cupcakes. Bouncing one into her mouth she let the taste sim around her taste buds. Finding it very delightful, moreso than the ones that used the normal milk.


Twilight used her wings to glide down the staircase faster and safer than she could have ran down them. Coming to a stop at the bottom she checked the location of Flurry Heart again. She had managed to gain quite the lead and seemed to be jumping several mares in search of milk. Her cries were growing more insistent and seemed to be getting further away.

Twilight had run through several more possible plans. Most of them were invalid for one reason or another. She really only had a couple plans that could probably work. She wasn't sure if she could get formula or the stuff to make it which really narrowed down which plans were feasible.

Feeling another surge indicating the foal teleporting, this time to one of the towers caused Twilight to just jump out a window and use her wings to try to catch up to her niece faster.

Author's Note:

Had to stretch this out because of the rule about new stories needing at least 1000 words. It originally ended as Twilight left the kitchen.