• Published 15th Jun 2012
  • 1,138 Views, 13 Comments

Revival - mild hotsauce

  • ...
3
 13
 1,138

Ch4: attack

Ch4: Attack


(Canterlot)

Celestia was in deep thought about the information Luna brought her. “that explains the weird sources of dark energy. Where did you say the last one was?”

“I saw it crawl through the top window of Rarity’s shop. It may either be staying there, or is hiding. In any case, we need to find out what its intentions are.”

“I’ll send a letter to Twilight, maybe she can find out what’s going on. How is it that all the interesting things happen to ponyville?”

“Does thou wish for more things to happen here?”

“No, no, the wedding was good enough for a long while.” Both sisters chuckled at this. Celestia wrote a letter to Twilight, stating what the princess wanted her to do, and then sent it.
______________________________________________

Lance woke up even more tired than before he fell asleep. It seems his late night fight got in the way of his sleep. He was surprised at his state, but then again, four sleepless nights in a row will do that to someone. He got out of bed, and went downstairs. He made it to the main room in the boutique, and couldn’t find anyone.

“Rarity, where are you?”

“In the kitchen darling, I’m making breakfast.”

Lance went to the kitchen, and was surprised at what he saw. “Wow, I’ve never seen such machinery. How did you get this dwemer technology to work, whenever I try it just attacks me.”

“What, this is regular kitchen equipment, you have this where you come from, don’t you?”

“No, the only advanced equipment we have are enchanters tables, and destroyed dwarven machinery.”

“Well, could you get me some eggs from the fridge over there.” Lance walked over to the metal box Rarity motioned towards. It reminded him of a larder from Skyrim. He opened it, and jumped back in surprise when the light turned on.

“What sorcery is this?” he proceeded to open and close the fridge in fascination.

“Stop screwing around.”

“Okay.” He stopped messing with the fridge, and brought some eggs over to Rarity, who then cracked them and made omelets.

Breakfast went by without much of a hitch, but Lance kept having a nagging feeling that something was wrong. He took a quick look around, and then shrugged it off, shades can only come out at night, and the sun was up, so he assumed he was safe, and we all know what happens when you assume. “Hey Rarity, when is this party that you were invited to, and who is it for?”

“I believe it is in an hour, and that it is for you.”

“Me, well, that’s a first.”

“Why do you say that?”

“When your entire life consists of nothing but training and missions for the Dark Brotherhood, you tend not to get to too many gatherings. Last time I was at a party, was when I had a contract on an ambassador, it was his birthday too, sometimes life just hands you the easy ones. Suffice to say, I’ve never been to a party centered on me.”

“Well that just won’t do. We will have to start getting ready for the party, we will need to look our best.”

“Does that mean I have to wear those robes again?”

“Well of course it does darling, and we will also need to trim your nails, and file down those spikes on your head. One wrong move and somepony could get hurt.” Lance sighed, and started to get ready.
______________________________________________

(Everfree Forest)

Swift opened her eyes to a familiar sight. “Trees, damn mages just sent me somewhere else in Valenwood. What in oblivion am I going to do now?” a rustling in the brush behind her gave her an answer, with a roar, some hybrid lion, scorpion, bat thing lunged at her. She rolled out of the way, drew her bow, and shot an arrow at it. The arrow stuck into its side, but the creature didn’t seem to feel it, it just turned at her and looked even angrier. “This may take a while.”
______________________________________________
(Wastes of Oblivion)

Dagon seemed agitated, “what do you mean you can’t open the portal?”

Discord looked a bit embarrassed, “well, I am not at full strength yet, and opening an interdimensional portal big enough for the three of us, and an army, will take a lot of magic and-“ He was cut off by Dagon picking him up by the throat.

“Stop the excuse, how do we get more power?”

“Well, I am strengthened by chaos.”

“Dagon, you could send some of your deadra to this... equestria, that should cause some chaos.”

“Very well, Discord, set up this sigil stone somewhere outside of a town, and then watch as my minions cause some destruction.”

“looks promising, I’ll be right back” with that, he disappeared in a cloud of pink smoke, which then started to rain chocolate milk.

Dagon set it on fire with a spell, “this fool better know what he is doing, I grow tired of waiting.”

“Patience Dagon, soon, a mortal plane will fall to our power, and then we can spread our influence in Tamriel properly.”
______________________________________________

(Sugarcube Corner)

Lance was just making small talk with the various residents of Ponyville. He got used to the fact that everyone just called him a dragon, it was somewhat easier for them to understand than trying to learn about a completely different race, well, except for a purple unicorn, she was curios, too curios. He explained almost everything he knew to her, and she continued to ask the most inane questions.

“Just what are you trying to accomplish asking me these pointless questions? I can tell that you’re not just curios, you are taking notes.”

She seems taken aback by this, “just how do you know I’m taking notes?”

“I can see the scroll and quill under that table, be honest, who are you working for?”

“Well, princess Celestia told me to be wary of some creature taking residence in Ponyville, she is just being cautious.”

“Well, stop taking notes, if you want to know why I’m here, ask Rarity. Don’t feel like setting up another explanation on necromancy.” Lance got up and took a walk outside.

“Aw, leaving so soon?” this pink pony seems to be everywhere.

“No, just need a bit of fresh… air.” He then saw the ever distinctive armor and weapons of the deadra under the command of Mehrunes Dagon. “Pinkie, get inside, and keep everyone in there.”

“Okie dokie lokie. Don’t have too much fun without me.” she disappeared into the building.

“This will be interesting.” He pulled out his dagger, he hid it in the stitches of his robe, just in case.

“Look, fresh meat, kill him!” The Valkynaz ordered a group of Churl, and they charged, brandishing weapons ranging from swords, to maces, and even a Caitiff brandishing a wicked looking spear.
Lance had to stick to dodging and blocking, he could not make a single attack against twelve dremora. He tripped over some sidewalk and one of them managed to slice his robe. A blast of white magic launched the Churl backwards, Lance looked back, and saw Rarity and her five friends taking an offensive stance. “You alright there partner?”

“Yea, nothing is bleeding, yet.” The caitiff charged after he said this, Lance dodged, grabbed the spear with one hand, and stabbed the deadra in the face with his dagger; the dremora fell into a lifeless heap on the floor. Lance sheathed is dagger, and took an offensive stance with his new spear. “Try to get weapons, they won’t go down easily.”

“Well hun, we don’t rightly now how to use weapons.” The others nodded in response, except for Fluttershy, who cowered behind Twilight, and rarity, who fainted at the sight of the deadra, probably because of their armor.

“Alright then applejack, just keep them off me when I need help.” The deadra resumed their charge, Lance blocked blow after blow with the spear. Having this new weapon allowed him to take shots at other deadra, but he noticed how few were attacking him. He turned three deadra into a shish kebab and turned to look for the others. The six ponies were pinned to the floor by deadra, and more rushed at him. The Valkynaz ran up behind him to deliver a fatal blow with a war hammer, only for his right eye to be replaced by a familiar black arrow. His sister dropped from a tree and took down three more with arrows. “Damn sis, good timing as always, here to kill me again?”

“Leave the questions till after we close the gate.”

They fought off the rest of the deadra, and ran towards the center of town, where his sister showed him the gate that opened up had been. Twelve more deadra jumped out, accompanied by two deadroth and a frost atronach. During the fight, Lance and his sister got split up. He was rushed by two Churls who wielded an axe and a great sword. He jumped over the first, but then the second managed to cut the back half of his tail off.

“Now you asked for it you fuckers.” He grabbed the deadra by the horns, snapped his neck, and took his great sword. Lance then proceeded to fell the others. The deadroth smacked him across the plaza, and into a wall. “What a crappy place to put a house.” He dislodged himself from the wall, took out a scroll, and launched a blast of lightning at the overgrown gator, disintegrating it.

To his surprise, his sister jumped out of the gate, and then it closed behind her. “Better?” she asked.

“Yeah, better.”

“You seem to be missing something…”

“Don’t, even say it.”

“Wow dude, what happened to your tail?” The cyan Pegasus known as rainbow dash then signaled the arrival of the rest of the gang. Rarity just woke up from fainting, only to look at Lances ten faint again.

Fluttershy just gasped, “Doesn’t that hurt?”

“Yes it does. Give me a moment; I need to have a word with my sister.”

Rainbow’s ears perked up at this, “isn’t she the reason why you’re here in the first place.” Lance nodded. “Then why are you not trying to get back at her?”

“Simple, she’s here for a reason, if she wanted me dead, I wouldn’t be talking to you right now.”

Twilight turned to swift, “Why the change of heart, from what he told us, you don’t seem like a nice person.”

Pinkie jumped out of Swifts pack this time, “Yeah, from what I heard, you are a real meanie.”

Swift just smiled, lifted Pinkie out of her bag, and said, “Well, it’s just that we have a common goal right now. I just need to tell him something.” They walked behind a corner into an alleyway. “Lance, Sithis is stepping up his game.”

“How do you know?”

“I heard from some reliable informants, that he employed the help of Dagon, and someone named Discord.”
______________________________________________

Twilight couldn’t believe her ears, some gods from their world teaming up with discord. If these demons are their handiwork, then equestrian is in trouble. She rushed back to her friends to tell them the news, they decided on a plan, and split up to get ready. Twilight returned to her library to send a letter to Celestia, and Rarity, who just woke up again, decided to wait for Lance and his sister.
______________________________________________

Discord watched in disappointment as the deadra fell to the hands of the two dragon-like creatures below, but that didn’t matter. He had enough power after that show of chaos to probably turn the two alicorn sisters to stone, but he had a job, and returned to Oblivion, where his two new friends were waiting.



=============================================================================================

Authors note:

Had a bit of trouble trying to envision this in my head. Let me know if anything is bothering you in relation to the plot. i will be happy to explain it.