• Published 15th Jun 2012
  • 1,137 Views, 13 Comments

Revival - mild hotsauce

  • ...
3
 13
 1,137

Ch3:shadows

Ch3: shadows


(The Void)

Sithis stood before three souls in the Void, the same three that failed miserably in Helgen just last night.

“You three will have a chance to redeem yourselves, once I find a way through the damnable magic barrier into that plane, you will hunt down Fire-Lance again, and kill him.” The three shades nodded, and disappeared back into the darkness that is Sithis’ realm. “Now, to deal with this pesky magic barrier.

“I believe I can help with that.” Sithis looked behind him, and saw a strange creature, or a jumble of many put together. “Hello, my name is discord, god of chaos, and I believe I may have an answer to your problem, if you are willing to help with mine.” He started rubbing his talon and paw together menacingly, Sithis already hated him, his aura reminded him of Sheogorath.

“Well, what is your solution to me problem then, spit it out, I have deaths to plan.”

“Straight to the point, well that’s no fun, but if you’re willing to help, then I can get your little minions pass the barrier, with just a snap of my fingers.”

“Is it really that easy?” Discord nodded. “Fine” with a snap of his fingers, Sithis summoned the three shades in need of redemption in the Void. “Send these three to the closest location of Fire-Lance, I want him dead.”

“Oh this should be fun, let’s work wondrous chaos together.” Discord put his arm around Sithis’ shoulder, as if they were best buds.


“Don’t get your hopes up, he must die first, his betrayal must not go unpunished.” Discord only nodded, and snapped his fingers, sending the three shades to equestrian.

“Do you have anything else, other than shades, to cause chaos with?” Discord asked with a cocked eyebrow towards Sithis.

“Dagon owes me a favor for saving his hide during his failed attempt to conquer Cyrodiil in the third era. Since I can’t leave the Void without assistance from someone from the dark brotherhood, you will go call it in for me.”

“This is going to be fun!” and with that, he disappeared, no doubt on his way to oblivion.

“Yes, fun indeed.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Ponyville)

“I look ridiculous.” Lance felt like some bootlicker from the imperial court in Cyrodiil. His clothes were the exact opposite of what he would normally wear, but at least it wasn’t a dress.

“Oh stop complaining. Wow, that took longer than expected. Let’s get some sleep, and get ready for the party tomorrow. You can sleep in Sweetie Bells room for tonight; she is staying at applejacks with her friends for a sleepover.”

“Okay, well, show me the way.” Rarity led him to a small room that looked like it belonged to a kid. “I guess this Sweetie Bell is a kid.”

“Well yes, she is my younger sister, well anyway, good night.”

“Yeah, good night.” Rarity left I’m in the small room to get situated. He took off the ridiculous robes that she made for him. He plopped down on the bed, and decided to get some sleep. “Small bed, but surprisingly soft, damn, I can’t believe I am enjoying this.” He soon fell asleep, unaware of what was going on outside.
===============================================

It was the middle of the night when Lance woke up, something was wrong; a town is never this quiet. He felt as if something was watching him, he looked around, and it was as if the shadows were moving. He moved towards the window, and saw three familiar looking shadows moving down the street. It looked like they were talking, but he heard no noise, they walked as if they were sure of themselves. “I guess he found me, but again insults me by sending these three.” Lance moved out the window, unaware of yet another set of eyes watching his every move.
______________________________________________

Luna found the source of the disturbance in Ponyville, and was surprised to see three shades casually walking down the main road. She also saw something coming out of the window of the boutique, it had a dark aura around it, but started to sneak towards the shades. She flew above, and waited to see what would transpire.
______________________________________________

Lance jumped off the roof and rolled behind a bench. These shades were the exact same people that were killed at Helgen, only more alert, he didn’t want to wake anyone, so using his shout was out of the question. He went invisible and ducked behind the fountain in the middle of the square. The shades passed him, oblivious to his presence. As soon as the third passed him, he went for an assassination. He snuck up behind the last one, and slit his throat, he fell, and burst into a cloud of black smoke. This alerted the others; they each pulled out spectral swords and charged. Like at Helgen, they were sloppy, he must have killed the one with the bow, the only one who used his brain. He dodged one attack, and parried the other, then proceeded to slice one of their throats. He squared off with the last one, waiting for him to make a move. The shade charged, but was fast, he did a quick slice, but Lance blocked it. The shade continued to cut at Lance’s defense with rapid swings, he got tired of this. Lance blocked a heavy swing, and then roundhouse kicked the shade in the chest. It then flew back a yard, and crashed into a bench. Lance dashed forward and plunged his dagger in its chest, and squeezed the handle. It may have been a shade, but Lance killed ghosts with this enchanted poison. The shade stiffened up from the paralysis effect, then its body convulsed, and died. With the last but a cloud of smoke, he checked to see if he was alone, and then returned to the room in which he was sleeping. “I’m going to need strength if Sithis is going to send the ones I killed after me.” he muttered, and then fell asleep on the small bed.
_____________________________________________

Luna was shocked at the skill the creature had with such a small weapon, and even more so when she saw that it was residing in Rarity’s house. She flew home fast to tell her sister of what she had learned.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
(The Void)

Sithis growled in frustration. In retrospect, he should have anticipated this, now he would have to buy his time, and chose his shades carefully.

“I’m back~, and I brought a friend.”

“Shut up you blubbering fool, you’re worse than Sheogorath. What is it you need Sithis, I have a busy schedule.”

“Would you both shut up! Now, that you are here lets discuss our next order of business. What did you say you wanted in return for helping me?”

“Oh nothing big, just to take over equestrian.”

“So you need an army, why don’t you use yours Sithis?”

“My shades are only as strong as when they died and since many of them died w=before reaching their true potential, my army isn’t as strong as I would like. That is where your army of deadra come in, not only will you get to taste battle again, I will have my revenge, and Discord will get to rule another plane.”

“You do know how to hold a grudge Sithis, fine, I will help you, if only to bloody my axe again.”

“Oh the chaos we will ensue, it’s making me giddy with excitement. Let’s get started planning right away.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------

(Mages guild remnants: Valenwood)

Swift Shadow walked through the halls of a ruined temple. She has been spending time with the remnants of the mages guild, under the nose of the Aldmeri Dominion. In her mind, the Thalmor knew that the guild was here, they just didn’t care enough to bring down the mages. “Are you sure that this spell will work?” she asked Arch Mage Loric, a Breton who definitely deserved his title.

He nodded his head.” If you want to travel to another plane, the well of magic is the safest way. If you have the plane in mind, it will be easy, but if you don’t, it will send you to a random one. A few mage have tried it, and only two ended up dying.”

“Why is that?”

“They were transported to two of the more, dangerous realms of oblivion. The others are building up branches in the safer planes as we speak. Once the mages guild is back up to power, we can return and start back up in Tamriel. So, are you ready to get started?”

“Yes, I have a plane in mind.”

“Good, because we are here, I will tell the mages to get ready.”

Swift stood before what appeared to be a pit that radiated magic. There was a platform made of stone that led out to the middle. Loric motioned to follow, and then made her stand on a pedestal in the middle of the circular platform, he quickly retreated and told the mages to begin. They chanted some strange Akaviri lyrics, and then the magic in the pit started to expand upwards. The pedestal glowed blue and then the world turned white.
_______________________________________________

Loric was pleased with another success in the ability to send others to different planes. He heard the beat of hooves galloping along stone; he turned around and saw a scary sight. A big shade wielding a staff with scythes at both ends riding a black horse with glowing red eyes burst into the chamber, its voice was loud and almost made the mage wet himself.

“Where is the traitor, where is swift! Tell me or you all will feel the wrath of Sithis!” to make his point, he sliced off the nearest initiates head with his weapon. “You have five seconds, where is she!”

“Where you will not find her shade!” Loric did not regret his decision. The shade yelled an ear splitting screech, and then charged. The mages put up a valiant fight, oh who were they kidding, they didn’t even touch the shade, he was too powerful. The shade stood before Loric on his horse, all other mages lie dead.

“You will burn in the Void mortal, Sithis have mercy on you, because I won’t.” with that, he decapitated Loric. The shade turned his horse around, and retreated back to the Void, Sithis will not be pleased.