• Published 15th Jun 2012
  • 1,137 Views, 13 Comments

Revival - mild hotsauce

  • ...
3
 13
 1,137

Prologue: revenge of Sithis

Prologue: Revenge of Sithis


It was a quiet night in Helgen. The full moon casted ghastly shadows all over the dead city. One would need to be stupid to go back to Helgen, ever since the dragon destroyed the city it has been a den for some dangerous brigands, but tonight, they lie dead in their graves. Three figures in dark leather armor and hoods wander the streets, looking for their target, an Argonian, who thought it would be smart to hide in one of the buildings.

The Argonian hid behind the shadowed doorframe of a destroyed inn, and watched his hunters closely. This wasn’t his first encounter with the dark brotherhood, and it won’t be his last. Since his betrayal to Sithis, the dread father has since sent his best to exterminate the Argonian, but now, this was an insult. He could tell these assassins were rookies; they were arrogant, and cocky. They walked down the street as if they had a sure victory, not aware they were being watched. It wasn’t fair what the Argonian was going to do, he almost felt sorry for the initiates.

Fire-Lance spent a year in prison before his first encounter with the brotherhood. In that prison, there was a loose brick, and on it, was where someone engraved a word of power. its meaning was also scraped underneath, and since he didn’t have anywhere to go, he spent that entire year studying the word, and its meaning. He thought of the famed Dragonborn while doing this, the one who caught him during his heist, and wondered how he learned his shouts, but saw the Nord was disciplined. Lance meditated on the word, and was quick to master it. His first encounter with the brotherhood, happened a day after the start of a new year. The wall to his cell in solitude crumbled, and an assassin walked in. he quickly overpowered the would be killer, and escaped. He used his shout to outrun the guards, and get to freedom.

Since then he mastered the shout. The assassins were in position between the inn and another building, he set his plan in motion. He stepped from the doorway, and…

“WULD!”

Fire-Lance shot from the doorway, and armed his dagger. It was steel, but the momentum was enough to decapitate one initiate. He was still in motion towards another wall, he jumped, kicked off it, and fling the dagger, catching another initiate in the face. He quickly retrieved his dagger from the corpse, but noticed a distinct lack of a third person….

“Fuck!” an arrow embedded itself in Lance’s right shoulder, forcing him to drop his blade. He was now disarmed and without his dominant hand, then the initiate foolishly revealed himself.

“You’re a bitch to find Lance, but I’ll make Listener for this.” The Nord was full of himself, but before he could fire his bow another time, a jet black arrow sprung out of his forehead, the trademark arrow of an old friend of Lances.

“Thanks sister, but I doubt you did that to save me.” Lance knew outright that not even his family would be on his side, they were all shadow scales after all.

“You know why I am here, right brother.” Swift shadow walked from her hiding place. She wore the traditional brotherhood leather armor, and wielded our fathers jet black bow and poison arrows. Like him, her scales were a dark blue, which blended her well with the shadows. The feathers on her head were a deep crimson, like blood, and her claws were sharp, like a saber cats. “Sithis demands retribution for the crimes you have committed.”

"Reveal the locations of a few hideouts, and you are the most wanted man in Tamriel.” He muttered under his breath.” You very well know that I won’t go down without a fight.”

“You don’t have to brother, this was just a distraction.” Swift Shadow smirked, it chilled Lance to the bone, unlike his sister, his claws and teeth were short and less prominent, instead of feathers, he had spikes, but something in her smile scared him. Then he turned around.

“Greetings, Lance.” Lances heart dropped. The initiate his sister shot, got back up, but his voice changed, to that of the dread father himself.

“By Azura, what sorcery is this!” then, lance noticed a distinct pain in his chest.

“Revenge, for your sins.” The rose of Sithis protruded from Lance’s stomach, fired by his sister when his back was turned.
The rose which he was searching for in Skyrim. “Such a beautiful weapon isn’t it. The way it kills is unlike no other, slowly eating you from the inside out, like a parasite.”

This was somewhat true. When Lance dropped to his knees, flowers bloomed from the arrow, outside of his body, and inside. He choked up, and is eyes rolled into the back of his head from pain. The arrow was then ripped out of his body, and he fell to the floor, dead.

“Good work, listener.” Sithis drew out the last word. Swift was practically beaming with pride, her plan was working. “Now, go back to the sanctuary, and await your next contract.” With that, the body glowed purple, and fell to the floor.

“If only you could have seen this coming Lance, but nobody crosses the dread father. But I will leave you with a token of apology for this betrayal, father’s heart stone, and yes, the stories from our clan are true. Have fun in Limbo.” She looked at her brother’s lifeless corpse one more time, then casted an invisibility spell, and returned to Dawnstar.

Lance was in the faded realm, a preverbal limbo for those who die on Nirne, to pass judgment by the divines. There was one thing that kept him here though, and it was his family. He was part of the blackheart clan from Blackmarsh, a necromantic clan who used onyx gems in the shape of a heart to summon the souls of the dead to do their bidding.

Lance picked up the black heart stone, in the faded realm, they were the only thing he could touch. Instead of moving on, he would be a slave to any mage who activates the heart stone, he would live an undead life of being forced to do anyones bidding from now on.

“I guess it is time to go, my dead body won’t be the one to activate this rock.” He joked to himself. He walked from the battlefield, and out of Helgen. The scenery looked different to him though, it resembled the deserts of the Khajiit homeland, yet with more rocky outcroppings, boulders, and holes. Then, an unknown force gripped the heart stone, and dragged him from his thoughts…