• Published 31st Mar 2016
  • 352 Views, 2 Comments

Jade Stryke - Gentle-Breeze



Hi, I'm Jade Stryke. Have you seen my Mommy? She's hard to miss, she's got this really pretty purple coat, a unicorns horn, a deep blue mane with a pink and purple stripe, oh and her cutie mark is a pink six pointed star with five smaller white ones!

  • ...
 2
 352

The first night

I sighed as I sat in the carriage beside Mommy and my BDBBBFF, that's short for Best Dragon Big Brother Best Friend Forever, as we flew over the land. "Mommy I'm bored!" I stated as I laid my chin on her forehoof, "And how come Daddy couldn't come with us?"

Mommy sighed and gently began to rub between my wings. "I know you're bored baby," she stated softly, "And you know why Daddy couldn't come with us, he has to work after all, and Auntie Spitfire couldn't cover for him anymore."

I sighed again and just lay there my BDBBBFF, Spike, smiled. "Hey cheer up BPLSBFF maybe when we get to," he looked at the letter he held again, "Ponyville, there'll be fillies and colts your own age to play with."

I gave him big watery puppy dog eyes, "But but," I sniffled, "Don't you like playing with me BDBBBFF?" I did my best to look absolutely pitiful. Spike started to sputter and blush trying to come up with something to say causing Mommy to laugh.

"Now Stryker," she stated using my nickname, "What have I told you about using the puppy dog eyes on your big brother?" I immediately stopped tormenting Spike, and this time I really did pout.

"You told me not to." I stated while still pouting. Spike chuckled and walked over to hug me. I looked up at him, "But do you really not like playing with me anymore Spike?" He shook his head.

"There is no way on Eques that I'd ever stop playing with you." he stated while gently running his claw over my mane, "But you need to start making some friends," he smirked, "You don't want to turn out like Mom do you?" That prompted a loud 'Hey' from Mommy, and a giggle from me.

I would have said something back, about how Mommy had friends like Daddy and Aunt Spitfire, but the carriage landed with a ruffish thump on the ground.

"Thank you kind sirs," Mommy said, "Do you think you could drop my bags and my daughter off at the library? I'd feel much safer if I knew she was there, with how little she is."

I 'hmmfed' "I'm not that little," I mumbled as I ruffled my over sized wings. I then pouted again, "Mommy why can't I come with you and Spike?" Spike only chuckled.

"Trust me kiddo," he stated rubbing my mane again, "You don't want to come, it's not going to be nearly as exciting as you think it is."

Mommy just smiled, "I'm sorry baby, but you are still so small for your age, even your wings are to big for you." she leaned down and nuzzled me, "Just go to the library, for me."

I sighed again and nodded, "Okay Mommy," was all I said, then I waved goodbye to her as the carriage pulled away, heading for the library with me on board.

When the carriage stopped again I looked up at the large Oak tree that stood in front of us. "Welcome to Golden Oaks Library Miss Jade," one of the two Pegasus guards states. "Would you like some help carrying your things inside?" I looked back at where my teddy bear and saddle bags sat beside Mommy's bags, and nodded.

The other guard smiled and gently scooped me up onto his back, while the other grabbed all of our bags, he then used his wing to hand me the soft pink stuffed bear. "Come on, let's get you inside." They sat me down on one of the over stuffed couches, with my saddle bags in reach, before taking Mommy's bag up to the loft bedroom/living area.

Just before they left the guard who'd carried me in stopped and knelt down to my eye level, "Now we're gonna go so you be a good girl until your Mama get's back okay?" I nodded and he smiled, "Do you need anything before we go?" I shook my head, "Then come over here and give your Uncle Storm Chaser a hug." I did just that and hugged him around the neck while he nuzzled my mane and part of my back and wings. Then he pulled away and they both left closing the door behind them.

I sat on the couch for all of five seconds before I hopped down and looked out a window to make sure they were gone, when I was sure they'd left I trotted over to the door and opened it, my teddy bear clutched under my wing, and ventured out into the strange new town. I looked around, then turned and pulled the door closed behind me.

I took a deep breath then started out into this colorful town, hoping to find Mommy, Spike, and maybe some new friends along the way. As I moved down the street looking around at everything I didn't notice the bouncing pink mare heading my way, that is until she bumped into me.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?!" she squealed as she scooped me up in a bone crushing hug, this caused me to drop my teddy bear, and I whimpered. When she noticed she bent down and scooped it up and handed it back to me, "There you go."

"Thank you." I murmured then looked up at her, "Um who are you?"

She face hoofed, "Oh my gosh I forgot to tell you my name," she smiled, "Hi I'm Pinkie Pie."

I smiled back, "Hi Pinkie Pie, I'm Jade Stryke. Have you seen my Mommy?" I gave her hopeful eyes, "She's hard to miss, she's got this really pretty purple coat, a unicorns horn, a deep blue mane with a pink and purple stripe, oh and her cutie mark is a pink six pointed star with five smaller white ones!" Pinkie seemed to stop and think, then nodded really really fast.

"Ya she went that way," she pointed, "Towards Sweet Apple Acres!" I hopped down, taking my teddy bear with me.

"Thank you!" I called over my shoulder as I raced off in the direction she'd pointed. I was still running when I reached the farm, and wound up running into a yellow filly with a red mane and pink bow who looked to be about my age, but was twice my size.

I fell backwards on my rump startled, with my teddy bear clutched to my chest in my wings. "Oh my gosh are you okay?" the other filly asked as she rushed forward to help me up.

"Apple Bloom what's goin' on out there?" an older voice asked as a orange mare with a blond mane trotted out the gates behind the filly. "Well now," she stopped shocked as she looked at the filly, Apple Bloom, who was helping me up, "Who's this?"

I looked up and grew nerves. "Hi, I'm Jade Stryke." I stated softly, "Have you seen my Mommy? She's hard to miss, she's got this really pretty purple coat, a unicorns horn, a deep blue mane with a pink and purple stripe, oh and her cutie mark is a pink six pointed star with five smaller white ones!"

The older mare looked taken aback for a second, but Apple Bloom just beamed at me, "You mean you're Miss Twilight's daughter?" I nodded, "What about Spike?'

I giggled, "Oh he's my BDBBBFF!" she blinked, "Best Dragon Big Brother Best Friend Forever." she made an 'oh' sound then smiled again before turning to the older mare.

"Hey Applejack can I help her find her Ma? Please!?" the mare, Applejack, seemed to stop and think about that for a second before nodding. Apple Bloom cheered, "Thanks Big sis!" then she started leading me back towards town, "Come on we'll find your Ma in no time!"

Tucking my teddy bear back under my wing I happily raced after Apple Bloom with a quick call of "Thank you Miss Applejack!" over my shoulder. Apple Bloom and I ran in tandem the whole way back to town, though I thank that she had to slow down for me. But when we got to town all we found was a rainbow maned Pegasus mare lying on the ground laughing.

"Howdy Ms. Rainbow," Apple Bloom stated, "What's so funny?"

The mare sat up and wiped her eyes, "Oh hey Bloom," she tilted her head and looked at me, "Who's the squirt?"

"Hi, I'm Jade Stryke." I stated as I waved, "Have you seen my Mommy? She's hard to miss, she's got this really pretty purple coat, a unicorns horn, a deep blue mane with a pink and purple stripe, oh and her cutie mark is a pink six pointed star with five smaller white ones!" I blinked, this was getting old fast.

The rainbow maned mare blinked, "Wait that unicorn from Canterlot is your mom?" I nodded.

"Do you know where she went?" Apple Bloom asked.

She nodded, "She went to see Rarity, she might still be there if you-" she never got to finish as Apple Bloom and I ran for this 'Rarity's'. I stuck close to Apple Bloom when we reached the town hall. I poked my head in and promptly started to pout, Mommy wasn't there.

"Howdy Miss Rarity," Apple Bloom said with a smile, "This here's Jade Stryke," she motioned towards me, "And we're looking for her Ma, have you seen her?"

'Miss Rarity' as it turns out was a white unicorn with a light purple mane beautifully curled and styled. She hummed in thought, "Well I don't know darlings," she bent down to my level, "Can you describe her dear?"

"Well she's hard to miss," I stated with a giggle "She's got this really pretty purple coat, she's a unicorn, has a deep blue mane with a pink and purple stripe," I paused for a second "Oh and her cutie mark is a pink six pointed star with five smaller white ones!" Rarity's eye started to twitch slightly, "Mommy's eye does that sometimes too!" I stated with a giggle.

Rarity smiled softly and laughed herself before leaning down to nuzzle me, "Does it now?' she smiled when I nodded, "Well I'm sorry dear, but your mother left not to long ago."

My ears fell and I sniffled, "Thank you any way." I mumbled as I walked outside with Apple Bloom.

"Hey maybe she," I cut Apple Bloom off.

"Can," I sniffled, "Can you just take me to the library?" I asked as a tear slipped slowly down my cheek. Apple Bloom nodded and led the way back to the library when we heard a sudden cry of my name.

"STRYKER!" it was Mommy. I'd finally had enough, and I started crying as I ran towards her.

"MOMMY!" I leaped up and clung to her, burying my face in the fur of her chest and just sobbed. Spike was quick to come up to my back and hug me.

"It's okay Jayjay, we're here." he murmured as he and Mommy held me, "We're here."

Author's Note:

Okay folks let's be honest here, I don't know how good it's gonna be, but I hope you like it as is. I'll try to get new chapters up as soon as I can but it may take a while, as this chapter alone took me three weeks just to outline, but I'll try to get at least one new chapter a month. So wish me luck!
Until next time see y'all! :ajsmug: