• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 767 Views, 4 Comments

A Tale of Two Pegasi - LightningBolt



James is turned into a pony and is adjusting to his new life as one

  • ...
4
 4
 767

Part Three: Pranks

I woke up with Rainbow Dash lying next to me, I got off the bed and opened my duffel-bag. I pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill, I attempted to grasp the quill with my hoof several times but failed. I propped the quill in my mouth and wrote a note for Rainbow Dash. I put the note on the bed-side table near her, and I walked out of the bedroom and exited the house. I hoped to get an early start on the day and get things done. I flapped my wings and glided down to Ponyville, when I landed. I pulled a black trilby and a green trim as I walked through Ponyville and glanced at the stores and other buildings as I walked by. I put on the trilby and walked into a bakers store. I held onto my trilby as I walked into the door, I looked up at eye level and Pinkie Pie was standing in front of me.

"Hey, Sparky!" She said joyfully.

"Hi, Pinkie. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine, where's Rainbow Dash?" She inquired oddly

"She's still sleeping, I decided to get an early start." I explained why I was up early.

"Same here." She said.

"Listen, I have things to do, see you later." I said, tipping my hat to her.

"Oki-doki-loki." Pinkie Pie said, bouncing around happily.

I exited the store and went outside. Rainbow Dash was looking for me, asking random ponies if they had seen me.

"Psst" I called Rainbow Dash to an alleyway.

She walked twoard me and I leaned against a wall with my hat tipped down.

"I happen to know where your friend is, Rainbow Dash..." I said mysteriously

"Where is he? I've been looking for him all day.." She said, sighing in relief

"Who you are looking for, the answer is in front of you." I said, making a riddle.

I tipped my trilby upwards so Rainbow Dash could see my face.

"Hey, Rainbow Dash. So what's this about looking for me all day about?" I said, letting off a laugh

"Oh, Lightning you prankster you!" She laughed, and nudged me on the shoulder.

"Yeah, I know. Hey, Rainbow Dash?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"What was your job?"

"I'm a weather manager"

"Where do I sign up?"

Rainbow Dash guided me to the building whe she was given her job. I came out a minute later and told Rainbow Dash that I got the job.

"Let's see, make my house." I said to myself.

"I'll help with that!" Rainbow Dash added.

We flew through the sky lokking for a place for me to live. I pointed out a spot near Rainbow Dash's house and we started construction. We packed clouds to make solid walls and floors, within fifteen minutes we were done. I went inside my new house and put my bag of belongings in the living room.

"Now I don't have to lug that thing around anymore." I said, exhausted from the weight of the bag.

I looked at my calendar, it was August 2nd. My birthday was in 17 days. I took a quill and wrote Birthday on the August 19th square, Rainbow Dash saw the calendar and what I had written down.

"Hey, you want to go prank somepony?" She asked mischieviously

"I was thinking the same thing."

We left my house and went back down to Ponyville, we stopped near Twilight's Library.

"Twilight is our first target." She said, holding a small tub of invisible ink

"I see what we're going to do." I said, knowing what she had in mind.

"I'll distract her, then you run in and change the real ink with this invisible ink." She explained the plan.

"Ok, I'm ready when you are." I said in confidence.

"Hide in that bush until she leaves, and take this aswell." She said, handing me the invisible ink tub.

Rainbow Dash walked to the front door and knocked. Twilight answered the door. I was waiting in the bush, I heard them talking and heard them both take off.

I walked inside the house, quickly running over to where Twilight's ink tub is. I tipped out the ink and poured in the invisible ink, I quickly left and hid in a shrub.

They both came back and Twilight went inside. Rainbow Dash walked over to the shrub where I was hiding, she peaked over and said "Did you do it?"

"Let's just say that her writing will disappear into thin air." I said, chuckling.

We flew up to Twilight's balcony and waited for the reaction. Twilight was concocting an experiment with several different coloured liquids, she turned to the parchment and written something down. She turned back to the experiment and looked back to the parchment and saw that it was gone. She did the same and looked up at the balcony window when she heard our laughing. Rainbow Dash and I were on our backs laughing like there was no tommorow. Rainbow Dash held aloft the invisible ink tub for Twilight to see. We flew off and escaped from the vicinity.

"That was priceless!" She said, laughing "Good work, Lightning!"

"Yeah, the look on her face was priceless." I agreed, laughing.

I stood up and saw a grey mare with a yellow mane, wearing a satchel on her side fly into a building.

"Is she okay?" I asked Rainbow Dash, gesturing toward the mare.

"Yeah, that's just Derpy..." Rainbow Dash said plainly.

End of Part Three