• Published 29th Mar 2016
  • 4,087 Views, 129 Comments

Master of Death and the Equestrian Adventure. - aliengirlguy



A Harry Potter/MLP crossover, set primarily in equestria pre-season 1. It is a combination adventure story and slice of life, as the main character is reborn into this new world full of ponies, learning what it means to live.

  • ...
7
 129
 4,087

The Roommate

Author's Note:

Not overly fond of this chap. It went through a fair amount of editing and i decided to leave it here. The chaps will get better from this point.

Morty had often heard Death refer to Life from time to time as something not unlike itself, a sort of primal sentient entity. Morty himself had often considered Magic rather close to the same state, though Death never much confirmed either way, because Death liked a little mystery, while Morty was of the opinion that he was just being a dick for the pleasure of it. As such, these 3 beings were prone to enjoying moving Morty between them like a favorite toy or possession and Morty had eventually accepted this fact to a degree, after all how could he not after so many centuries?

It was because of this that Morty had often wondered if Fate, something he was acquainted with since he was in his mother's womb, was a hidden fourth player in the game of his existence (not that Death would tell him either way anyway). This opinion of Morty's usually came about because of little moments such as now popping up from time to time, there had at least to be something out there getting some sort of amusement at his expense.

Morty stared at the filly unpacking on one of the lavish beds, chattering excitedly with the same grumpy royal guard from the previous evening, who shot him a glower and another snort. Just his luck! Out of all the partnered rooms, in all the magical schools in all the kingdom, he had to get the one with the only bloody school aged alicorn princess on the entire planet!

Couldn't he go through one reality without brushing shoulders with some sure to be popular and important mucky-muck?

If your roommate was a princess, it put you in a whole lot of potential for attention from others, and Morty had long lost the stomach for such nonsense ages ago, even if it was only by association and not being one of said mucky mucks himself.

Morty sighed. Well it could be worse, he could be rooming with someone who snored like a dying whale, talked in their sleep, or tried to leap tall buildings in a single bound while sleep walking (all of which he had experienced at one time or another), though the night was still young, and they hadn't climbed into their skivvies yet (metaphorically speaking of course, he had yet to see ponies wearing any sort of sleepwear, kind of pointless when nudity was a standard practice).

As those thoughts went through his brain, said little princess finally took notice of his gloomy presence at the entrance to their shared dorm and bounded over, her wings flapping happily, and her big amethyst eyes shinning with excitement.

"Oh my Equestria! isn't this so exciting?!" she gushed.

Morty shrugged, squeezing past the looming bulk of her bodyguard who snorted down at him in a manner that promised nothing good for Morty if he didn't hoof the line, and started setting up his half of the room.

"Its a change of scenery I suppose," Morty grunted, as he un-shrunk his trunk, setting it at the foot of his nice looking oak bed with its soft pale lavender blankets and creamy silk sheets.

"Oh I know!" the princess continued to chatter, bouncing next to him and unapologetic stared at his meager possessions (or at least meager to her point of view, considering there appeared to be a modest selection of formal gowns hanging in the wardrobe across from her identical bed and a mountain of bright pink luggage).

"OMC! is that the latest Daring Do?!" she gasped, spotting the spine of the book he had pulled out and lay on his bed, swiping it from the messy pile with a flare of magic.

Morty snatched the book from the Princess's hooves and levitated it protectively close to his chest, "Yes, but I am not finished yet," he stated primly, as he tossed the last of his things off his bed with an errant flick of a hoof, sending the small pile of clothing to the floor and kicking it under. Somewhere in the room a maid unseen behind the luggage whimpered at the disorder.

Morty, who had been looking to relax a bit before the fracas of the first day of classes the next day, mentally sighed as that little plan seemed to have gone out the window. The filly, whose color scheme matched the school's decor quite well by the way, just pouted at him, stuck her muzzle in the air and fell back onto her own bed, shooing the help away.

Morty had five minutes of blessed silence until a voice piped up "You know, the book only came out today I hear. I didn't have enough time to send someone to pick up one for me, and the first shipment is likely to be sold out by now..." her voice trailed off expectantly, eyes directed at him big and shinny and oh so puppy dog.

Morty, rolled his eyes, turning his muzzle back to said book, and licked the tip of his hoof, turning the page (even though he didn't have to) in a dramatic fashion.

Another few minutes then..."You know, my cousin Blueblood is attending this year as well, just five minutes with the book and I could introduce you?"

Morty had no idea who Blueblood was, and lowered his book to tell her so. He was meant with even bigger shining eyes, trembling bottom lip in full perfect pout, she had even managed a slight tear to hang from the corner of an eye.

He blinked and then turned back to his book, saying casually with reluctant manners, "so, my name is Morty by the way, yours?"

The look went up another notch, "Princess Mi Amore Cadenza," she introduced herself, still managing something of a regality when saying all that formal nome de plum and still maintaining the puppy dog look. Huh, guess he could give her one reluctant point for some how managing that.

"Well, that's a mouthful," Morty hummed, "listen Caddy,"

"Cadence, actually."

"Whatever, now since we are likely to be roommates for a good long while, let me clarify something with you."

He leaned forward, gesturing with his hoof with an shifty look.

She also leaned forward expectantly, looking intrigued.

He cleared his throat, still with that pleasant tone, "Never ask me for anything, and I wont tell thee to shove thy royal horn up thine royal rump."

Cadence blinked, and Morty had to admit that her flummoxed, then scandalized look when she realized what he said sunk in was far more enduring.

Morty chuckled, amused, as he leaned back against his pillows, "I don't share princess, and the only thing I would even consider sharing is advice in never asking me for anything."

Morty laughed as the princess spluttered in confusion (over the later comment) and outrage (over the former).

"Well...Well fine then! see if I care!" she huffed, puffing out her cheeks in displeasure and sulked on her bed while Morty enjoyed the return of his uninterrupted blissful quiet.