• Published 25th Mar 2016
  • 305 Views, 4 Comments

Metalwing - SprocketProductions



This is a spinoff of Dream Come True, telling about the main character's significant other, Metalwing

  • ...
3
 4
 305

Nightmare Moon's Battle

Numerous bat ponies started landing on the ground near where we were outside the castle. They started closing in on us as we backed the families into the stairs. We drew our guns, these were mostly decorative as we didn't expect such a dramatic event to happen, but the muskets we were armed with were still functional and loaded.

"HALT!!!" Yelled Dead Center.

One bat pony spoke up, "Inferior guards, move so we may help our ruler!"

"Well see who's really inferior when you try to get past us because the only way you're getting into this casrle is through us!" Replied the stallion.

The five of us lowered the barrels of our firearms until they were all pointed at the malicious ponies. We all pulled the triggers at the same time when we heard clicks. The bat ponies looked at us, confused for a moment as we stood in place. Muzzle loaded guns of the era these came from were impossible to predict when they would fire. Suddenly, flashes of fire came from the barrels followed by white smoke pouring out all in a loud fwoosh. At that range, we knew it wouldn't be enough to stop the whole militia, but it would've taken a large chunk of them and caused momentary panic for long enough to reload the second and final load.

We hastily pumped the powder and spherical bullets into the outdated firearms. Before the smoke cleared, we had re-aimed the guns and were pointing them at a group of shocked bat ponies who dragged incapacitated soldiers to the back. We stood, poised to fire again when they drew their swords and we pulled the triggers again. The guns fired again just before the vanguard of bat ponies reached us. We were left with midguards and rearguards.

I was defending the very kingdom I was sent to infiltrate and take down. I looked at the bat ponies in disgust as they tried to push through us, being taken down by our own swords. I wasn't doing this for Chrysalis, I was doing it for me, my friends, and Equestria. My expression hardened as I began moving with purpose. Every strike of the sword was calculated, every hoofstep thought out. I had to make sure I lived in order to make a difference here. I avoided every attack, swinging my sword back twice as hard. We all made sure not to cause death, only incapacitating the bat ponies. When it was over, we stood tall, scanning around for more troops.

I flew upward, looking off into the distance and seeing a larger fleet approaching. My eyes widened as I thought about the difficulty we would have.

I looked down, "We need to get the tranq guns!"

Dead Center nodded as he ran in the direction of the separated armory next to the castle. I landed next to my four comrades, making sure everypony was okay. Before long, Dead returned with the guns as well as the clips. I had never used a fully automatic, but had a good idea of how to use it. I aimed my gun upward at the approaching formation, opening fire at non-vital regions. Two of us at a time would fire while the others would reload. We took down almost half the force before we ran out of ammunition.

The enemies swooped down to apprehend us, tying us up and proceeding into the castle as they terrified the families we helped out. This was it, I was going to die, as well as my friends. We failed to save Equestria and everypony would live as slaves due to our failure to save them from this fate. I would die never having known of the phenomenon of love as given directly to me by any other pony; I had even failed myself.

I then thought about our times together in the past few weeks. We had all become friends, forming a bond that could only be broken by death, and even then, it was arguable whether or not it would remain. They wouldn't die without knowing who I really was.

"I've been keeping a secret since we all met that I think you should know before we're executed..." I stated.

Lightning looked at me, "Go ahead. No matter what it is, we're still friends."

"Okay, don't freak out... but I'm a changeling." I admitted.

Dead spoke up, "I knew there was something different about you. And you're even different from changelings."

"I'm not as cool-headed as you guys think I am when making plans, I'm actually terrified of what could go wrong..." Twig chimed in.

Malana said, "I'm afraid of coming to a point where I can't save you... that fear kills me on the inside..."

"I, uhh... I love you guys..." Said Lightning.

Dead Center grunted, "Alright, we are NOT gonna die here. Mark my words. I refuse to lose my best squad I've had that just so happens to be a group of my best friends. We're not giving up! What do you say?"

"Yes sir!" Replied the rest of us in unison.

Just then, a beam of light shot down in front of us. When it faded, Princess Celestia herself was standing there. She looked at us, sympathetically.

She spoke calmly, "I was trapped in teleportation, but a culmination of friendship magic brought me out. What happened?"

"Forgive the lack of salute, your majesty, but we fought some bat ponies after guiding families out of the castle which a black alicorn materialized in. She said she wanted to bring eternal night." Dead answered.

Using one of the fallen bat ponies' swords, she cut us free, "It's as I feared. My sister has returned in a powerful form known as Nightmare Moon. Come, we must stop her!"

We followed her into the castle hastily to see six ponies wearing magic items, generating a beam that looked like a rainbow. It arced upward and shot down at the wicked mare, showering the room in an intense white light. When our vision returned, there was a blue alicorn in place of Nightmare Moon. The shadowy blue armor was scattered around her. Princess Celestia aproached her as she embraced the white pony, apologizing. We stepped out of the castle.

I now knew that I wouldn't end not knowing love, I already had experienced it between my friends. I even loved said friends back. I began to think of them as my family. I didn't need the changelings anymore, I didn't even want them. In fact, when they came to Canterlot, I would be on the opposing side, gladly fighting against the disappointing race I was born into.

Author's Note:

And now Metalwing's character has completely changed.

Lack of character development? What lack of character development?