• Published 25th Mar 2016
  • 305 Views, 4 Comments

Metalwing - SprocketProductions



This is a spinoff of Dream Come True, telling about the main character's significant other, Metalwing

  • ...
3
 4
 305

The Next Morning

I felt vibration, like I was in a vehicle of some kind. I also felt like I was at a different angle at which I had slept. I heard voices conversing, but I wasn't paying attention to what they were saying. I opened my eyes and found myself sitting in a seat with a buckle across from another dirty looking stallion. I looked around what appeared to be a metal box with seats layed out on either side. There were two other ponies aside from the sleeping one I could see.

"Hey, you're awake. I'm Lighting Strike." Said the pony next to me.

I thought about the way he spoke and replied in the same manor, "I'm Metalwing."

"Nice to meet you. This mare here is Malana." He gestured toward the pony in front of him who bashfully looked away.

I didn't know where I had gotten the name, but I figured it was as good as any. I wondered what was going on, but couldn't work up the nerve to ask. We rode on in the metal box, not knowing where we were going. Suddenly, we felt a force push us toward one end of the box for a moment before the vibration stopped. We sat in silence for a moment before two ponies opened up the structure from the outside. A brown earth pony wearing aviators looked at us in the bright sunlight.

He smiled a bit, "Looks like you got the real dirty ones this time, but I see two good guards and a good medic. The sleeping one's gonna be useless, but I guess we'll let him cave on us."

The two ponies began unbuckling us and pushing us out the opening of the box, revealing that we were riding in a military truck. Once we were all out, Malana helped up the stallion who was previously asleep as the two ponies who had revealed the outside to us proceeded to close the doors, walk around to the front of the vehicle's cab, get in, and drive off.

"You four are lucky this program found you, ya miserable little homeless freeloaders. My first rule of order is for you to get a shower. You stink, a lot. Not to mention how ruffled some of your wing feathers are." He glanced at my wings.

He lead us to a large multi-pony shower where we cleaned ourselves. I washed the dried egg resedue from my mane, tail, and fur first. I felt my now soft hair covering my body. I then ran soapy water through my wings, straightening the feathers until they looked clean and smooth. I then ran my hooves down them, making sure there were no loose feathers. At some point, a buzzer sounded and the shower stopped. We all walked out to get towels I dried myself off, styling my long blue and green mane while looking in the mirror.

Lighting Strike looked at me from behind, "Hey, you clean up nicely. You look like a high class pony."

I smiled at the compliment. The grey pony with a brown mane also looked nice when clean. I continued drying off, shaking the water out of my wings and running the towel down my light appendages with the feathers. I looked in the mirror, seeing the stallion who made us take the shower walk in.

"You all almost look like part of the royal guard cleaned up. Except for you." He gestured at the pony who had been woken up from being pushed out of the truck, who was rather scrawny.

I turned around, "You are mistaken. He looks to be more intelligent than the rest of us and therefore could be an excellent strategist."

"You've got an attitude. I like that. Front lines of the guard for you. Brownhead? Checkpoint manager. Colors? Medic. Twig? We'll see." He adressed us with the condescending nicknames.

Within the hour, we were trotting behind the earth pony on our way to our barracks. When we got there, he had us make our beds, neatly folding the covers over the beds until you could bounce a bit off of it. He even tested to make sure it worked. He then let us be in there to get ready for basic training.

Author's Note:

Also, Lightning Strike is technically my oldest MLP OC, but he has no backstory or anything like that. At the time he was purely a ponysona. And now I've changed so much mentally and emotionally that he's a really inaccurate pony version of me. And no, I have no art of him.