• Published 23rd Mar 2016
  • 380 Views, 10 Comments

A Blackened Equestria - NightLord



Set in the alternate universe where Queen Chrysalis is not defeated, this is a story about a group of survivors, banded together to fight back against the changelings. But as the changelings begin to infiltrate the resistance, who can be trusted?

  • ...
4
 10
 380

Prologue

Day 1
We have received word that Canterlot has been overtaken by Changelings. The Wonderbolts, along with any military forces neighboring cities can muster, have been sent to Canterlot to contain the problem. I feel that it is my duty to join them, although my lifelong friend, Lyra, has strongly encouraged me to stay in the relative safety of Ponyville.

Day 2
The dragons have joined our side, and are transporting groups of soldiers from cities such as ours to Canterlot. I have made up my mind. I am leaving for Canterlot with the next group.

Day 3
We are nearing the war-torn city. I am writing this while mounted on a magnificent obsidian-black dragon. She is not very talkative, and neither is anyone else. The whole group is very somber. I can see the spires of Canterlot in the distance. It won't be much longer now.

Day 4
Our group is pinned down in a doughnut shop, and we are vastly outnumbered. We only have one unicorn remaining, and are protecting him at all costs. Unfortunately, he is weakening, and his energy shield is the only thing keeping us alive. This may be my last entry.

Day 5
It's hopeless. How could we have believed for one second that we had the power to stop them? This is Special Agent Sweetie Drops, signing off for the last time.