• Published 31st Mar 2016
  • 780 Views, 5 Comments

Magica: Land of Dreams! - Zeno the Masked Writer



I always dreamed of leaving my world and going on a grand adventure! But when the day came when I finally got the chance to leave how could I say no!? But I didn't realize that after I said yes that I was supposed to save the world!

  • ...
6
 5
 780

Enter the New Challenger! Gin the Visitor from another world!

Lightning and thunder rained over the land as the demon king watched from atop his mighty throne. He laughed while pulling the chain next to his throne and dragged the beautiful princess towards him. Suddenly he stopped laughing as one of his guards came soaring towards him, however, with a single swat of his hand he sent his guard out of the window.


"So you have finally come hero?"


In the doorway was the Mightiest of all the hero's in the land! His golden spiky hair shined brighter than any star, however, no one knew how he kept it that way. He was wearing sparkling armor with a brilliant sword at his side.


"DEMON KING! I have come for the princess!" The Hero shouted as he drew his blade.


The demon kind laughed as he snapped the chain and lifted the princess up which caused the hero to shake in anger.


"Well then Hero! Come here and claim her!" The Demon King shouted as he held his arms out.


"With pleasure! I will take your life with the sacred blade, LIGHTING FORRRCE!!" The Hero shouted as he took up his sword and charged towards the demon king.



However, in reality.......

A young high school student stood up on his desk in a daze as he lifted a ruler in the air. The sounds of laughter were heard all throughout the classroom. But one person certainly wasn't happy about their students antics.


"Gin!?" Came the voice of a very annoyed looking teacher.


Gin suddenly woke up and found that he was face to face with a demon! He panicked and fell over in a heap which caused the whole class to bust into laughter.


"GIN!! If it wasn't for you I'd still have a full head of hair!!" The teacher shouted as Gin lifted his chair off of himself.


Gin sighed as the class continued to laugh at him. He straightened his glasses and saw that at least one of his classmates wasn't laughing instead he was giving him a thumbs up.


"Soooo what was your dream this time bro!?"


Gin sighed as he ate his lunch in silence. However, his friend wasn't having that so he dropped his water bottle on his head.


"OW! WHAT THE HECK BEN!"


Ben laughed like a hyena while his best friend just glared at him. Instead of trying to fight with him Gin just ignored him and looked up towards the sky and watched the clouds pass.


"So what was the dream dude? I'm interested bro!" Ben asked with his usual childish grin.


"Oh.....well I was having another dream about being a dashing hero coming to save the princess from the demon king! And it was getting to the good part before I woke up." Gin summarized with a grin.


"Man, you've been having dreams like that since you were a kid huh?"


Gin smiled as he recalled his past dreams of another world. He remembered all the amazing adventures he dreamed about! Fighting dragons, saving princesses, slaying vicious monsters! It was the adventure of a lifetime, however, it was all just a dream.....or that's what he thought.


"Hey mom, I'm home!"


He didn't get an answer but instead a frustrated sigh. Gin walked over into the living room and found his mom at her desk face down on the table with another fresh cup of coffee.


"You know mom you should seriously get some sleep. Seriously your gonna get sick!" He tried to explain but he suddenly noticed that she was fast asleep.


Gin sighed before getting a blanket and wrapping it around her. After that, he walked into the kitchen and prepared some dinner while he thought more about his dreams.


"Damn this sucks! I honestly wish I lived in that kind of world. This place stinks, hell the only good part is Ben. I still can't believe me and him are friends. One of the most popular guys in school is my best friend! At least, I got that going for me, but...."


He finally snapped out of his daydreams when he realized that the rice was burning.


"I still wanna go there, to the other world!"


Suddenly Gin felt pain surge through his body as he heard the sound of laughing. He knelt down while grabbing his aching skull with the laughing getting louder and louder.


"HEHE! Well, you did ask politely! Fine by me but you had better get ready kid! HEHEHE!" A voice said with a chuckle before suddenly vanishing completely.


The pain vanishes just as soon as the voice stopped talking but now he felt sick. Noticing that the rice was now thoroughly burnt he threw it out and went to his bedroom. However, the second Gin's head hit the pillow he instantly fell asleep.


The next day Ben had come over for breakfast. As Gin explained to him what had happened the other day but this just caused him to bust out laughing.


"S-so you're saying you heard someone speaking to you!" Ben shouted in between breaths.


"WOULD YOU STOP LAUGHING!"


Soon after Gin's mother walked in with some eggs and bacon and placed it in front of the arguing teenagers. She sighed before taking another swig of her coffee.


"That's all he's talked about all morning, Ben. I'm sorry if he's boring you."


"Naw Gin's stories always manage to entertain! HAHAHA!" He exclaimed before bursting out into laughter again, however, he was silenced by a projectile pillow.


"Oh shut up! And mom shouldn't you be at work or something!?" Gin shouted in frustration but it only caused her to flick him on the forehead.


"If you hadn't realized yet my job is writing those cheesy love novels for those middle-aged housewives who read them in their desperate phases. And right now I'm waiting for my publisher to get back to me!" She shouted back at them with an annoyed look on her face before downing the rest of her coffee.


Gin instantly got quite before his mother went on another rant. The last time she got mad she went on a five hour rant that he had to stay up to hear. Needless to say, he was scared out of his wits.


"Well, Gin I think it's about time we head to school! After all, If we don't were gonna get detention again!" Ben explained before devouring the rest of his breakfast before making a mad dash to the door.


"HEY WAIT FOR ME!" Gin shouted following his example and gulping the rest of his eggs down and chasing after him.


All the while Gin's mother watched with a smile on her face as she watched her son. Thoughts of when he was a baby rushed back to her along with other thoughts, but before she could become lost in nostalgia she quickly got up and got to work.


Later on, Gin had to deal with the usual string of bullies making fun of his *little show* yesterday. Ben was watching from the side looking like he was about to say something until he saw Gin shake his head.


"This is the mighty sword Lighting force!" One of them shouted while holding up a ruler which caused the rest of them to laugh.


Gin just sighed while he looked out the window. He thought about the voice from yesterday and what exactly it meant by 'you had better get ready'. As he stared out of the window he suddenly felt something strange because of how quite it was. Gin turned around only to come face to face with a smiling mask.


"HOLY CRAP!"


Gin fell over in a heap as the masked stranger just stared at him. Everyone in the room stared at the masked stranger in shock, however, before anyone could do anything the room turned pitch black. Suddenly the masked man started to laugh like a mad man while Gin stared at him.


"HAHAHA! Oh man, that's always fun!" The masked figure proclaimed as he snapped his finger.


Suddenly the darkness seemed to brighten as a strange mark covered the area and then the ground shook as a strange looking door sprung out from the ground.



"Anyways young man, It's time we get to work!" The masked man proclaimed.


"W-What happened!? What's going on!?"


Instead of answering Gin's questions, the masked man walked over to the doorway and suddenly in a puff of pink smoke he summoned a small cane out of nowhere. He swung the cane down on the chain blocking the doorway and broke it in one swing.


"I'll sum up all your questions right now boy! beyond this gateway is another world~!"


Suddenly Gin stopped his questions and stared at the masked man in awe. He then looked towards the door with the bright light shining from it. Memories of his dreams raced through his mind while he stared, however, he stopped when he realized something strange.


"Hold on a second? Who are you!? And why are you showing me all of this!?"


The masked man laughed at his question before snapping his fingers again. This time, after another puff of pink smoke, he summoned a picture of a cross with a skull planted in the center of it.


"HEHE! Well, I can't tell you everything but remember this boy~" The masked man explained before vanishing in a flash and appeared behind him and gently leaned down towards his ear.


"In three months the war games will begin again~"


Without another word, the masked man vanished with an impish laugh. The darkness was still there but now most of the students could, at least, see each other but now everyone could see the door.


Of course, everyone panicked and most of the students tried to run out of the classroom, however, two students stood still and looked at the door.


"So bro we going then!?" Gin heard someone ask and when he turned to see who it was he saw Ben with his big childish grin and Gin couldn't help but follow his example.


"Off course! This is the moment we've been waiting for since we were kids!" Gin shouted as he and Ben seemed to get more and more pumped.


However, before they could run towards the gate a sudden puff of smoke blocked their way. After the smoke cleared a sign floated in front of the gate that read "ONLY ONE MAY ENTER".


"W-what? So only one of us can go!?" Gin proclaimed with an annoyed expression.


Suddenly Gin felt someone push him forward towards the gateway and turned to see Ben with his usual grin.


"AWE WELL! BRO, YOU HAD BETTER GIVE ME ALL THE DETAILS WHEN YOU GET BACK!"


Gin watched as Ben waved him goodbye before he fell through the gateway. The doors suddenly slammed shut as the gateway began to crack like glass until it gave way and shattered into pieces.


"I guess I'm gonna have to explain to his mom where he went. Ah crap now I'm in trouble!" Ben thought as the image of Gins mother wielding a butcher's knife appeared.


However, everyone one in class was awe stuck and more than a little scared of what just happened. Everyone stared at Ben who sighed before taking his seat like nothing had happened.


"EHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

TO BE CONTINUED!