• Published 31st Mar 2016
  • 779 Views, 5 Comments

Magica: Land of Dreams! - Zeno the Masked Writer



I always dreamed of leaving my world and going on a grand adventure! But when the day came when I finally got the chance to leave how could I say no!? But I didn't realize that after I said yes that I was supposed to save the world!

  • ...
6
 5
 779

The Legendary ÄRM: Babbo!?

The crowd cheered as they watched the two warriors fight. The unknown boy who wanted to save the people, Ginta Toramizu, and the leader of the Equestrian militaries third branch Shining Armor.


Gin once again swiped at Shining only to have his attack blocked by Shinings shield. Shining forced Gin to take a few steps back, however, before he could overpower him Gin suddenly let go of the blade and went around his shield then through a quick jab at his gut. Shining predicted this and quickly withdrew his shield then pushed himself back to avoid Gins punch.


The two warriors circled around the arena as the crowd cheered. Gin was breathing heavily while Shining grinned ear to ear then he charged towards Gin with his battle shield at the ready.


"He's progressing nicely, however, he is incredibly reckless and his style of fighting is mediocre at best! But I think with enough practice he can be an excellent warrior someday." Shining thought as he exchanged blows with Gin.


In the crowd, Twilight and her friends watched the battle while selling some crystal fare merchandize. However, Twilight was sadly more focused on their fight than anything else. She glared daggers at Gin as he tried to attack her big brother again.


"Um, Twi?" She heard her younger brother Spike say as he poked her side.


"What? Oh, sorry Spike....I was just thinking, that's all."


Spike noticed her tone but chose not to ask her. After all, the last time he tried something like that she randomly sprang into a song and dance routine in canterlot. Suddenly they heard a speaker go off signaling the matches end and everyone watched as Gin fell to the ground while Shining took a knee.


"Good job kid! You're definitely getting better!" Shining said as he threw a towel over Gin.


"T-Thanks...Ugh, so much paain~!" Gin said in between breaths.


"Thats enough practice for now. Why don't you take a quick break and go see the Crystal fare! Twilight and the girls put a lot of effort into it." Shining explained.


Gin didn't even hesitate and sprinted for the exit because to perfectly frank....


"IM STARVING!" Gin shouted as he went from stand to stand devouring everything in sight.


As he stuffed his face he instantly noticed someone watching him. he turned around to see the girl with the purple hair from earlier and she seemed to be staring intently at him.


"Umm, can I help you?" Gin asked in a muffled voice.


The girl jumped a little after being discovered and she took a minute to regain her composure.


"Oh Yes! My apologies where are my manners. My name is Rarity darling It's a pleasure. Now I've only have one question for you!" Rarity said as a blush covered her cheeks.


"WHAT ARE THOSE!" she shouted while gesturing to Gin's school uniform.


"Oh, these? Well, these were the only things I had before I left my world and-" Gin tried to explain before he felt Rarity grab his T-shirt and yank it off his body.


"Honestly, this is just tacky! And it's all torn and beaten! I'm surprised that you could even stand even a second in these rags!" She said before tossing Gins shirt back to him.


"This simply will not do! Give me just a moment!" Rarity explained before she held up a strange looking trinket and then threw it into the air.


"Guardian ÄRM: Merilo!"


Suddenly there was a giant explosion of pink smoke and as the smoke began to clear someone could be seen. It was a woman with a maid's uniform with a cat's ears and tail.



"Can I help you mistress?"


Rarity smiled before pointing at Gin who had sparkles in his eyes.


"That....was....so....COOL!!" Gin said with a huge childlike grin.


"Now Merilo, would you be a dear and help our friend with his wardrobe?" Rarity asked as Merilo smiled politely and walked over to Gin.


Suddenly Merilo pointed at Gin and then before Gin realized it he saw something falling from the sky. Suddenly a giant box with the words 'Changing room' written on a sign on top of it landed on top of him. Then in another puff of smoke the box disappeared and now Gin stood completely still with a dazed expression.


Suddenly he snapped out of his daze and realized that his outfit was completely different. Now he had white jeans with a thick leather belt and a tight dark-blue sleeveless t-shirt with black bands on his wrists and biceps, a silver chain with a dog tag around his neck and white and blue boots with silver studs on them.


"I think you'll agree that this suits him! Don't you agree, mistress?" She asked while Rarity admired Merilo's handiwork.


"Yes, it looks fantastic!"


Gin examined his new clothes and then with a big cheesy grin he ran up and clasped Rarity's hands together which caught her off guard.


"THESE ARE AWSOME! THANKS, RARITY! Oh and you to Mrs. Merilo!" Gin shouted as he ran off towards the arena again.


Rarity stood there in a daze with a blush on her face while Merilo couldn't help but look slyly at her.


"My, My mistress! Sucha a bold young man! Maybe he has caught your fancy?" She asked as Rarity snapped her fingers and Merilo disappeared.


"No one asked you!" Rarity exclaimed with a blush still present on her cheeks.


As Gin made it back to the arena he noticed that Shining Armor wasn't anywhere to be seen. He wandered around for a few minutes and found out after talking to a few guards that he had gone back to the castle on urgent business.


Gin walked towards the castle and noticed a lot of people was crowded around the entrance of the castle. Suddenly he saw two people he meet earlier.


"Hey, old timer!"


The old sage and his grandson turned around and saw Gin running towards them.


"Ah, Gin I'm glad to see you!" The old sage exclaimed as his grandson ran over to Gin with a huge grin.


"Is it true Big Bro!? Did they really find the crystal heart!?"


Gin didn't know what to say so he just laughed while rubbing the back of his head awkwardly.


"Umm yeah!......What's a crystal heart?"


Suddenly the whole crowd fell over while Gin laughed.


"The crystal heart is a powerful sacred ÄRM with the power to erase evil. Long ago when Sombra was still in power he used this ÄRM to control the entire northern continent! But before he was defeated and sealed away he hid the crystal heart away declaring that no one would ever find it again."


Gin listened patiently and for the most part, he understood the main idea, however, anyone could tell he didn't have a clue because of the smoke rising from his ears.


"The point is that the ÄRM has the power to defeat Sombra and now we can finally have closer." The old sage explained while the crowd turned their attention back to the crystal heart.


Gin made his way through the crowd and finally after some work he got to see the Crystal heart but he noticed something was strange. He walked away from the crowd and towards the heart but as soon as he was about to touch it a tarp was quickly thrown over it. Then one of the girls from earlier quickly pushed him away from the heart while her friend with cowboy hat tried to distract everyone.


"What the heck are you doing!?" She whispered in his ear.


"I was just gonna look! What's the big deal?" Gin asked before the tomboyish girl looked around to make sure no one was listening.


"W-we have a small problem.."


Meanwhile...


"WHAT!?" Gina and Twilight said in unison.


Gin and Twilight stood in front of a fatigued princess Cadence and a worried Shining Armor. Currently, Cadence was struggling to keep her magical power in check while controlling the barrier surrounding the empire.


"What do you mean that we don't have the Crystal Heart!?" Gin asked in a panic while Twilight seemed to be thinking of something.


"We didn't have a clue about the Sacred ÄRM. Now were not sure what to do next!" Shining explained as Cadence slumped to the ground.


In the distance, Gin saw the sky begin to fade and the blizzard outside began to blow through. However, what concerned him more was the black fog that began to surround the empire. Shining stood Cadence back up and with a determined look she focused her magic back on the barrier not knowing that now someone hand managed to bypass her magic.


"Are you ok!?" Gin asked as he ran over to cadences side.


"T-The catacombs.." She whispered.


"Catacombs?"


"Under the castle are a vast line of tunnels. I believe that Sombra may have hidden the Crystal heart in the catacombs." Cadence explained before falling unconscious.


"She can't keep this up! We need to find this ÄRM quickly." Shining said as he held his wife while Twilight suddenly stormed off and Gin quickly ran after her.


"Hey wait up a second!" Gin said as he grabbed her hand only for her to jerk her arm away.


"Listen.....I do not have time to deal with you right now! You need to stay out of this!" twilight said while she glared at him.


"W-what!? Why!? I can't just turn my back on these people!" Gin shouted as Twilight glared daggers at him.


"This isn't your test!!" She exclaimed as Gin went wide eyed.


"This is my test! I have to pass! I won't let Sombra back into the empire! So you should just-"


Twilight couldn't finish her sentence as she noticed the look on Gins face. He was angry, no......he was way beyond angry! He was pissed!


"I can't believe you....." Gin whispered before walking past her.


"I'll go to the catacombs! You stay here and look around the castle." Gin explained just before he walked away.


Twilight just sneered as she ran towards the stairs and just as soon as she left Shining appeared almost out of nowhere behind Gin.


"Are you sure about this kid? There's a big chance you won't make it. Sombra designed that death maze to protect something important and if it's really the Crystal Heart do you think you can get back here without even a scratch?"


His words stung deep but in reality, but Gin knew that he had to do this.


"I have to! Out of everyone here I'm the most expendable, plus..."


Gin turned around and gave a thumbs up with a big grin and said,


"It's just like a video game! A dungeon with treasure at the end! How could I pass this up!" Gin exclaimed before Shining threw him a small bag.


"It has a few weapon ÄRM and some dimension ÄRM, use them wisely." He explained with a sigh.


"Umm, thanks but....how do I use these?"


Shining nearly feel over as he suddenly realized that he forgot to explain how ÄRM work. He began to speak, however, before he could say anything Gin slipped on one of the ÄRM he was given and instantly disappeared.


"............................................Ehh?"


Meanwhile...


In a flash of light Gin appeared in what appeared to be a dark tunnel, however, this tunnel was covered wall to wall in black crystals that shined a pale purple light throughout the corridor.


"So I guess this was the catacombs Mrs. Candence was talking about?"


Gin started to walk down the dark corridor making sure to keep an eye out for any booby traps. It didn't help that this place was unnaturally creepy! Gin walked for what felt like hours and with each step he grew more and more impatient.


"Ok, I may not be an expert or anything but....why haven't I run into any traps? I would have thought that this Sombra guy wanted to protect his treasure through any means necessary! But I haven't run into any traps at all!? What the heck?"


Gin continued to walk towards the darkness and after a few short minutes, he noticed something strange. The crystals suddenly disappeared and now the walls were lined with stone. Unfortunately, he wasn't paying attention to what was in front of him and he accidently bumped into something and he found a large stone door.


"Umm ok?"


Gin reached over to try and push the door but as soon as he touched it, it suddenly began to open.


"THIS IS WAY TO EASY!!" Gin shouted as his jaw hit the floor.


Gin walked past the door and into a huge room with a pedestal placed in the center with a single chest resting on top of it. Gin made baby steps towards the chest just to be sure that there wouldn't be any traps, however, no matter where he went nothing happened.


"Ugh!!! I can't believe this!" Gin said as he shouted in frustration.


Gin stood in front of the chest now with the full mindset that this was gonna be a trap. He slowly reached down and grabbed the lock around the chest. It didn't take much to break it because of the rust around the small lock.


"Ok, here goes! Come on out Crystal Heart!!"


Gin threw the chest open and a bright light covered the room blinding him. He slowly opened his eyes and stared in awe at the magnificent, the beautiful, CRYSTAL HEART!!



"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"


Gin felt a string of snot drip out of his nose as his eyes almost popped out of his skull. This thing was actually snoring.......SNORING!! It had a face with a long, thick cylindrical nose with a thick, dark mustache underneath. Besides that, it also had thick, dark eyebrows and a soul patch.


"Mmmm~"


Suddenly the toy started to wake up and saw Gin staring at him.


"W-WHAT!? WHO ARE YOU!" It asked with a deep and posh accent.


"FORGET WHO AM I!? WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU!?" Gin shouted back at the toy.


"HOW RUDE! I HAPPEN TO BE A GENTALMAN!"


"B-BUT YOUR A TOY!"


"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A TOY YOU INSOLENT LITTLE BRAT!" The toy shouted as he got in Gins face


"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING A BRAT! WHO THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?" Gin shouted back as he copied the weird looking toy.


"I AM THE GREAT BABBO! AND WHO ARE YOU BRAT!?"


"STOP CALLING ME A BRAT! MY NAME IS GINTA!"


The two continued to fight with one another, however, they didn't notice their uninvited guest.


"Well, well what do we have here?"


TO BE CONTINUED!