• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 3,449 Views, 40 Comments

Switched - Julyah

  • ...
4
 40
 3,449

Chapter 4 - Canterlot

Six switched ponies gathered in Twilight's small library.

They were all talking at once.

“QUIEEEEEEEET!” Twilight hollered.

Everypony fell silent.

“Thank you. Now, as you all know we have been... Switched. I have nothing to do with it, and I dont know how it happened, or a cure.” She said. “This is a very serious matter.”

“Maybe even serious enough for Canterlot!” Rairty said.

Pinkie and some others nodded.

“Very well. We will take this matter to canterlot. I will send a letter to the princess right away. Rainbow Dash?”

Rainbow nodded, And her horn lit up with a pink flare as a quill and a paper flew over to her.

Rainbow wrote while Twilight talked.



“Dear princess Celestia,

Me and My five friends have been challenged with a very serious matter. It is of great importance and needs to be taken up immidiately. We are now boarding a train to canterlot, and will be there in a few hours. The matter is to confusing to write here. I await your good response.

Your faithful student,
Twilight sparkle.”



Rainbow finished the letter with a flourish and wrapped it up.

“Spike is'nt here, so we can send one of Fluttershy's birds to send it.”

They tied the letter to the falcon's back and sent it to the princess's castle.

Then they packed their things and boarded a train to Canterlot.


Once there, The six ponies ran through the tiny white flakes that fell from the sky. They took a train to the royal palace and When thye got there, they were exhausted from all the travelling.

“Lets take a rest at one of the rooms. We can talk to the princess in the morning.”

They sent another letter to the princess and, exhausted, fell into the beds they got.

They fell asleep quite quickly.


In the morning, they all got up bright and early.

Rarity brushed her mane. Pinkie bounced. Fluttershy worried about her animals. Applejack stretched her wings. Rainbow dash fell asleep again, and Twilight sent another letter to the princess.

They were ready.

Twilight easily got an audience with the princess, who was concerned about twilight and her friends. The notes she had gotten sounded pretty urgent.

“Princess celestia!” Twilight exclaimed.

“Twilight.... sparkle?” The princess said.

Rainbow dash stepped forward and so did twilight.

“Im not twilight.” Rainbow said. “I just look like her. She looks like me.”

“Oh... kay.” Celestia sighed. “What has happened to you all?”

“Weeeeeeeeeell, its kind of a long story.” Pinkie said.

“I sure I can keep up, rarity. I mean pinkie pie.”

The three groups of switched ponies told their stories with exaggerated confusion. The princess just listened.

“I Dont exactly know what has happened to you. Perhaps discord has something to do with it.”

The three ponies shivered at his name.

“From your stories I understand that Applejack and Twilight sparkle can fly?”

They both nodded.

“Rainbow dash, can you use magic? What about pinkie?” The princess asked.

“Twilight taught me.” Rainbow said.

“But I cant use magic.” Pinkie frowned.

“Have you tried to use magic?” The alicorn asked.

“Well... no...”

“So then of course you can, you just havent been taught to use it. That's okay. Rarity can teach you during the time you spend here. You will stay at the castle untill we cure you.”

“Thank you, Princess.” Twilight said.

“Wowie, I sure am tired.” Applejack faked a yawn. “A'hm goin to bed. See y'all.”

Applejack was not tired. She just wanted to sort things out. She was confused. She just needed a little time on her own.

The workpony galloped to her chamber.

“We just woke up abut an hour ago. Did applejack just... lie?” Twilight asked.