• Published 4th Mar 2016
  • 2,808 Views, 37 Comments

One Guard, One Princess - Ember Flare



One day Flash get noticed that he is going to be a Princess Twilight's personal guard. Once they both find out who they are, they have a hard time being together. Twilight and Flash both have feelings for each other, but who will confess them first?

  • ...
10
 37
 2,808

Chapter 10: Just A Hang Out

The two ponies were walking through the empire streets. Flash pointed out some of his favorite places, and asked Twilight some of her favorite places. She told him the library was, which was kind of obvious to him. After a few minutes of walking a silence crept in. Flash looked over at the princess, wanting to say something, but couldn’t. He just couldn’t find the words. The guard looked away from the purple princess. Twilight glanced at Flash, then looked away. Before they knew it they were on the outskirts of the Crystal Empire.

“So, I guess that is the end of the tour, right?” Twilight chuckled.

Flash did the same. “Well kinda.” He looked over at some bushes. “I actually took you here for a reason.” The stallion smiled warmly, looking back at the princess.

Twilight looked into Flash’ eyes. Oh, dear Celestia. Is this what I think is going to happen? The alicorn asked mentally. Is he going to ask me? Is he really going to tell me?

“Really?” Twilight inquired, while questions filled her head.

The orange pegasus nodded. He started walking towards the bushes, Twilight followed. Flash pick a crystal rose and handed it to the princess.“This is just a little thank you for coming.”

Twilight nodded, then looked back at her guard. “Are you sure I can hold it?”

Her guard let out a brief chuckle. “Of course you can.”

The young princess carefully grabbed the rose. It was beautiful, the colors mostly purple and blue, and felt like nothing. She used her magic to put it in her mane. Flash glanced at Twilight. She smiled, cutely, back at him.

Her smiling like that makes me fall in love with her, even more. Flash found himself slipping out of reality. She was made to be a princess. With her being so smart and beautiful. He sighed, then realized that Twilight was doing the same thing. She was staring right at him, dazed into her own world.

“Umm…. Princess?” Flash looked around, awkwardly.

She shook her head, to gain consciousness again. “What, sorry, did you say something?”

The guard shook his head.

“Oh.” She looked down, nodding her head.

They both stood there for a few moments, twiddling their hooves.

“So, what now?” Flash asked, breaking the silence

Twilight shrugged. “I guess I don’t have plan.” She chuckled.

“I guess we should be heading back.” Flash said, looking into the sky.

“Yes, indeed we should.” The princess nodded.

“Okay, then.” Flash smiled, warmly. “Any place you would like to be escorted?”

Twilight shook her head plainly. “On second thought, I would just like to stay here.” She turned around, sitting herself on the green grass, looking up at the clouds. “Have you ever wondered about, how it would be like to be…. I don’t know…. free?”

The stallion looked at her, quizzically, sitting himself next to the young princess. “I don’t understand. You’re the Princess of Friendship, aren’t you already free?”

“No.” Twilight answered, still staring at the fluffy clouds. “If I was free, I wouldn’t be a princess. But on the other hoof, if I wasn’t a princess, there would be many friendship problems around Equestria.” She sighed. “Since I was a filly I always loved books, but I wanted to travel around Equestria. Go sightseeing, get more information. Now that I’m a princess, I don’t have anytime for that. At the same time, my friends and I are helping friendships around the world.”

“But you’re a princess, can’t you do anything you want?” Flash asked.

Twilight laughed briefly. “Well, that’s what everypony else thinks. Being a member of the royal family feels like, I’m getting pulled down even more. More standers, being a role model, being watched by every step I take.” She sighed once more. “I know I shouldn’t be complaining about this, I also know that i am living almost every filly’s dream right now. Being royal, a princess, meeting other royals. But this was never my plan.” She looked to the ground.

“Princess.” Flash reached out his hoof, putting it underneath her chin, making her look at him. “I can’t say I understand what you are going through, since I’m not a princess or anything like that.” The purple princess giggled. “All I can say is, that you hide it very well. But sometimes you need to let things out. Talk about it to somepony. Let out how you really feel. Have you told this to your friends, or let alone anypony else?”

She shook her head.

“Why not? They seem like friends that wouldn’t judge you no matter what you say.”

“I don’t know. I guess like thought that, they wouldn’t understand. That they would tell me so many things that wouldn’t help at all.” Twilight pushed her guards’ hoof gently, looking at the ground once more.

Flash smirked. “Your friends would never judge for anything, have they done it in the past?”

“No.”

“See, they are your closes friends. They wouldn’t judge you if you say your real feelings.” The guard put his hoof under her chin again, making her look at him.

The young princess smiled. “Yeah, you’re right.” Twilight let out a brief laugh. “I guess I was overthinking things?”

Flash nodded. “Yes, you were princess.”

They looked at each other, starting then to laugh. Twilight hugged Flash, in laughing so hard. The pegasus couldn’t help but return the embrace, not thinking about anything else. The two finally calmed down, looking into each other's eyes. They soon got embarrassed, even though nopony was watching them, and let go, separating into their own space bubbles.

“Princess?” Flash asked being professional again. “May I say something?”

“Of course.” The purple princess answered.

He took a deep breath. “You have a beautiful name.” He closed his eyes.

Twilight froze, looking at him. “Really?” Her cheeks turned a light red color.

“Yes.” He looked at the young princess, smiling. “It reminds me a song by Griffin City, Vanilla Twilight."

“Oh, is that the song that’s says, ‘The stars lean down to kiss you.’ ” She sang.

Flash nodded. “Yes, ‘and I lie awake and miss you.’

‘Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere’.”

They both started singing.

‘When violet eyes get brighter.’” Twilight continued singing.

‘And heavy wings grow lighter’.” Flash continued.

‘I’ll taste the sky and feel alive again.’

‘ And I’ll forget the world that I knew.’

‘But I swear I won’t forget you.’”

‘Oh, if my voice could reach back through the past,’

‘I’d whisper in your ear.’”

They both sang the last line in unison. “‘Oh, darling I wish you were here.’

Silence dawned between the two. They looked at each other, smiling.

“You have a beautiful voice, Princess.” Flash commented, breaking the silence.

Twilight smiled, blushing from the comment. “Aww… thank you, Flash. Same goes for you, you have a magnificent singing voice.”

He looked at her, his cheeks the same tone red as Twilights’. “You… really... think… so?” Flash stuttered asking.

“Of, course. You know what?” Twilight said, layinga herself on the grass. “There’s going to be a special event at Sugar Cube Corner in a few weeks, hosted by Mr. and Mrs. Cake. You should come.”

“What’s happening at this “special event”?” Asked the guard, who was laying himself down by the princess, on the soft green grass.

The princess giggled. “Well, it’s going to be a live music venue lounge, and I think you should participate in it.” She looked over at him.

Flash did the same to Twilight, “Me? You want me to participate in it?” He was confused. “I mean, I don’t think I’m that good. I never sang in front of anypony, with the exception of you, Princess.” He looked to the sky again.

Twilight did the same. “I mean, you don’t have to, if you don’t want to. I’m not trying to force you to do anything. It’s your own decision, besides it’s in a few weeks.” She sighed, closing her eyes. “Gives you time to make your decision.”

He looked over at the purple alicorn, resting herself, in the green soft grass, with the cool summer breeze, blowing through the air. Flash finally closed his eyes also, then felt a smaller body by him. He opened his eyes, looking at Twilight, cuddling close to him. She opened her eyes too, and looked up at him.

“I need to be protected.” She smiled. Flash did the same thing, wrapping his wing around her, bringing the princess closer. Even though Flash still had his armor on, Twilight found herself the most relax and comfortable. Closing her eyes, resting beside her guard.

Flash's words, his breath, was taken away. Her actions, her words, drew him closer. Wanting to be with her every second of her life, but he knew that wasn’t reality. The orange pegasus pushed his thoughts aside, to think of every moment, right now, at this exact time. His heart almost skipping a beat.

This is too good to be true. Flash told himself, as his heart rate rised considerably. I’m dreaming. She isn’t doing this. The Princess of Friendship, let alone any princess, would ever do this with a lowly guard, like me. A pony who was never loved, like myself, could never win Twilight's’ heart. He pushed his thought aside, thinking about nothing else, except Twilight, the princess.

------------------------------------------

Time passed by and the two ponies decided to head back towards the Crystal Empire. While walking, they had a very awkward conversation.

“Sorry about what happened earlier.” Twilight apologized.

Flash, whom was walking beside her, nodded. “It’s completely fine, Princess. Anyway, it’s not your fault.”

“No, it is.” She told Flash. “It’s my fault, I was getting too close. I’m the one who snuggled close to you.”

“Well, I’m the one who brought you closer with my wing, I mean….” He looked around. “I mean…. It’s probably both of our faults.”

She smiled. “Yeah, I guess.” Twilight said, stopping, walking the opposite way. “Flash?”

“Yes, Princess.”

“Come here.” She ordered. Flash obeyed.

Twilight just stood there, looking out on the grassland. Turning her head towards Flash, smiling, then looking back onto upon the grass land.

She sighed. “Just think, one day this could all be ours.”

“I don’t quite follow, Princess.” Flash stated. “What are you trying to say?”

“What I’m trying to say is,” Twilight turned her head, looking at Flash once more. “I have deep feelings for you. I want to be more than just, friends. I want more.” She looked at him with passion.

Flash just looked at her, wide eyed. “ Are you saying, you have feelings for me? And want me to be your… coltfriend?”

She nodded, looking into his eyes, passionately. “That’s if you want to be. If you want me to be your fillyfriend, that is. “

“Of course I would.” He smiled. “That’s if you’ll accept me, the way I am. Because there is a lot of secrets that I hide, and I don’t think you would like me anymore if I told any of- HMTP.” His mouth was covered by Twilight’s hoof.

She took back her hoof, smiling. “I won’t judge you for that, we all have our secrets.”

“Yes, we do, my princess.” Flash said nuzzling her. Twilight giggled.

They looked each other, smiling. Getting closer, their faces close, forehead to forehead. The two closing their eyes, going into a kiss. There lips touching for the first time, a moment that could never be lost.

Flash opened his eyes hearing the rustling of the wind, realizing it was all just a dream he had. That he had fell asleep, next to the princess, who was still fast asleep. He didn’t want to wake her, and looked around, not getting up. He figured they had been dozing for about an hour, by where the sun was. Glancing back at the peacefully sleeping princess, he smiled. Flash knew he had to wake her up, no matter what. They couldn’t never be caught doing this, ever.

“Twilight, Twilight.” He whispered, rubbing her foreleg gently.

She slowly opened her eyes, looking at him. “Oh, hello again.” Twilight greeted awkwardly.

“Hello, Twilight. Are you ready to get back to the empire?” Flash asked sweetly.

Twilight nodded. “Yes, I think so.”

“Okay, let’s get going then.” He said, letting the princess stand up first, then himself.

The two started walking, the silence dawning between them. Walking in silence made Twilight uncomfortable, wanting to say something, but not knowing how to. Looking around, remembering then she had a meeting with Cadence later. She became worried, since she forgot all about it, even though it wasn’t about anything special, and wondered if Cadence would be mad or disappointed in her. By the time the two were in the castle hallways, Twilight stopped by one of the doors. Flash did the same thing.

So, this is where I’m suppose to go, now.” Twilight explained.

“Yeah, so…” Flash shrugged. “see you later?”

She giggled. “See you later, Flash.” Twilight smiled, turning her way towards the door.

Flash smiled also, watching her go into the meeting room. Before she closed the door all the way she waved good-bye, Flash did the same thing, then she closed the door. Twilight sighed and smiled, not seeing her friends and Cadence.

“What was that all about?” Rainbow asked.

Twilight shook her head, blushing. “Nothing, nothing at all.”

“Come on, sugarcube, you can tell us.” Applejack smiled.

Pinkie giggled. “Plus, that’s not what your face is saying.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Twilight looked away.

“Are you sure about that, darling?” Rarity asked. “Then what were doing for the past hour and a half?”

The girls giggled.

Twilight's’ face just a brighter red. “Umm…. I was…. hanging out with... Flash…. that’s all.”

“Like your guard, Flash?” Cadence asked.

“Hanging out, like on a date?” Rarity gawked.

The purple alicorn shook her head. “Yes, my guard Flash, but no to the date part.” She scoffed. “Anyway, I have no interest in him.”

Everypony in the room, just stared at her.

She sighed. “Is it that obvious?”

They all nodded.

“I KNEW IT!!!” Pinkie exclaimed.

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Oh come on. I’m guessing I’ll hear a lot of this, for a while?”

“Yeah, a lot.” Rainbow stated.

“But don’t worry, Twilight. We’re not going to tease you too much for this.” Fluttershy added. “Plus we are very happy you finally let us know the truth.”

“Of course we are.” Rarity smiled. “We only want what’s best for you, and what makes you happy."

Twilight let out a deep breath. “It’s great to finally let it out. But tell me…. is this what you were trying to get out of me?”

Cadence giggled. “Pretty much, but please…. tell us what happened.”

“Please, pretty please.” They rest of them begged.

“Well… okay.” Twilight agreed. “So……”

The purple princess explained the whole day, of what happened, in her own words. The best feelings she had that day was, finally saying the truth. Listening to Flash's advice. Telling her friends the truth. It felt good to have a load off her back. She had this good of a feeling telling her friends this, but how would this feeling expand if she told Flash.

What if…. Twilight told herself. What if…..

Author's Note:

Yes I had to put the Vanilla Twilight in there by Owl City. I mean, what can you say to me. I couldn't help myself.