• Published 1st Mar 2016
  • 1,623 Views, 22 Comments

SoarinDash: How it All Began (SoarinDash One) - RainbowButter



Rainbow Dash has been accepted to Ponyvile University! She thought school was the easiest thing ever, well, until she met a boy.

  • ...
4
 22
 1,623

Pinkie Finds a Cheese Sandwhich and Rainbow Finds a Nopony

Rainbow Dash stepped up nice and close to Soarin's face, so she could have the pleasure of yelling in it.

"My number? Seriously? That's what you came to ask me?" Rainbow Dash shouted, ticked off.

"Well, what else?" Soarin responded, who had never been rejected by a girl, yet, and he was extremely determined on this particular girl.

"I don't know, how about a 'I want a hoof to the head?' Or 'I want brain damage so I can become and egghead like Twilight?'"

"Both seem like perfect options."

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Now leave me alone."

"How about that number?"

"Hmmm, how do I say this nicely, N-O! What does that spell?"

"YES!"

"Oh my Celestias, you're so stupid."

"Thank you."

"I wasn't being polite."

"I was being sarcastic."

"No one cares."

"So, how about that number?"

Oooo, that movie star smile is temping. Rainbow thought to herself.

"Hmmm, NO!" And with that, Rainbow Dash walked, no that's an understatement, stormed, down the hallway.


"I can't believe the nerve of that pony!" Rainbow Dash muttered under her breath. She ignored her growing feelings for him.

But he is still cute.. she thought to herself, and then pushed it out of her head. She let out a snort of frustration, then slammed her right front hoof on the floor. Rainbow decided to go back to class, hoping Soarin somehow magically didn't beat her there.

And there he was, sitting next to his friend. Rainbow cursed under her breath, then walked to sit in between Pinkie Pie and Octavia.

"Bathroom break?" Pinkie asked.

"Mhm." Rainbow Dash replied, nodding her head.

"Is it that time of mont-" PInkie started to say, and then Rainbow slammed her hoof over Pinkie's mouth. She shot her a death stare, where Octavia giggled next to her

"Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" Pinkie asked, holding the 'a' for about 30 seconds.

Octavia then shot her a death stare.

I need new friends Rainbow thought to herself, then chuckled.

Suddenly, the bell rung, singling class was over. Rainbow flew into the air, threw her front hooves up, and shouted "YES!" Causing the whole class to stare at her.

"Rainbow, come here." Mr. Fighter said.

Rainbow groaned then walked to Mr. Fighter. "What." Rainbow asked, her voice dropping an octave in frustration.

"It is not polite to shout 'yes' at the very end of a class. How do you think that makes me feel."

"Pretty good."

"No, Rainbow, it makes me feel pretty bad."

"Well, do you think that people want to listen to your life?"

"We-"

"No, they don't. They also don't want to listen to math, but math would be better, wouldn't it? You wouldn't be fired then."

"Rainb-"

Then Dashie stormed away, no longer listening to her teacher.


Rainbow Dash caught up with Pinkie and Octavia easily, since she was extremely fast. On the downside of things, she bumped into Pinkie, who was eating a grilled cheese from the cafeteria with one hoof, and holding her books with the other.

Pinkie's books went flying, and they hit a familiar looking pony with a poofy brown main and a yellow body in the head. He instantly turned around, and Pinkie Pie gasped.

"Cheesie?" Pinkie asked in surprise.

"Pinkie!"

"Cheeeeeeesiiieeee!"

With that, the two ponies embraced each other.

"Pinkie! I've been meaning to find you somehow, and I have a question."

"Sure thing, Cheese!"

"Well..." Cheese Sandwhich began, and his cheeks flushed bright red, "Do you wanna...you know...get some food?"

"Get some food? Do you mean like, a date?"

"Yeah..."

"Of course I will, Cheesie Wheesie!"

Pinkie kissed Cheese's cheek, a big, fat, smile plastered on her face.

"Saturday?" Cheese asked.

"Saturday at 6."

"Ok."

Cheese then walked away, and both Octavia and Rainbow Dash had their jaws dropped. The two then shared a look, each with raised eyebrows.

"How...?" Octavia asked.

Rainbow Dash just shook her head in response, just as confused as Ocavia was. Well, I guess it makes sense, I always had the suspicion they liked each other, just, on the first day of college, really?

"Guess who has a date!?!?!' Pinkie asked.

"You." Rainbow replied, her voice lower.

"Guess who doesn't?"

"Me." Rainbow Dash said.

"Me" Octavia said, in sync with Dashie.

"But....how?" Rainbow asked.

"You mad, bro?" Pinkie responded, giggling.

"No, just confused."

"Well, all I know, is I got a date before youuuu!"

"Yeah, we know" Octavia muttered.

"You guys are jelly beans!" Pinkie giggled.

"No, I don't need a significant other to make my life livable." Octavia said.

"I'm with Octy." Rainbow muttered.

"Well, you guys are just jelly beans!" Pinkie mocked.

"I'm not a bean..." Octavia said in confusion.

Dashie leaned over into Octavia and whispered "It is Pinkie's way of jealous."

"Oh." Octavia whispered back.

"Anyways, byeeee!" Pinkie said, then hopped away.

"Well," Rainbow said to Octavia, "looks like Pinkie found a Cheese Sandwhich and we found a nopony."

"Out of all the ponies I know, I never thought Pinkie would get a Coltfriend before anypony else." Octavia replied.

"Like you said Octy, 'We don't need a certificate other to have a good life able.'"

"What? That's not what I said. I said 'We don't need a significant other to make our lives livable.'"

Octavia giggled at Rainbow Dash. Rainbow giggled back. Certificate, man, I'm stupid.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and chuckled under her breath. I need new friends. Rainbow thought to herself again, then chuckled.