• Published 5th Jun 2016
  • 539 Views, 12 Comments

Lilligold and Mizuko's Neighponese Tale - Razalon The Lizardman



Two mares are on a simple quest for cherry blossom samples, and the universe will throw everything and the kitchen sink at them to make it not so simple.

  • ...
0
 12
 539

Youthful Ignorance

The first thing Yadame became aware of as he opened his eyes, blinking the bleariness away, was the sensation of moving against his will. That, and the feeling of somepony else’s fur against his barrel. Looking around, he saw the sky was a growing shade of dark blue, with the orange glow of the setting sun in his eye’s corner.

”What…?” he muttered.

”He’s awake, Lilligold.”

Yadame didn’t have time to register the voice before he felt a pressure on the nap of his neck, followed by the sensation of being lifted up, soon followed by his hooves touching solid ground. He shook off the rest of his sleepiness, focusing his eyes in front of him. A pair of blue hooves met his gaze, and looking up brought him eye-to-eye with a very disappointed-looking Mizuko. The pink foreigner from earlier stood next to her, her own expression neutral. A quick glance at their surroundings revealed the three of them were atop the ravine following the river, just a little ways away from the bridge.

And that’s when the memories surfaced. Practicing his hoofstrokes. Finding Mizuko and challenging her to a race. Slipping on the railing and…

”Are you feeling alright, Yadame?”

The colt looked back to Mizuko, noticing that her expression had changed from disappointment to concern. A small flare of hope that, maybe, just maybe he could get out of this without getting in trouble, sparked in his heart.

”Y-Yes,” he stuttered.

Mizuko simply nodded, before frowning. ”Go home. I’ll be there tomorrow morning to discuss this with your parents.”

Of course it was too much to hope for an easy way out, Yadame thought as he hung his head in shame, before turning and beginning the trek home. Underneath his shame and fear of potentially being smacked by his parents, a small bubble of curiosity of where Mizuko and the foreigner had gotten their hats from formed.