• Published 10th Mar 2016
  • 378 Views, 2 Comments

Trapped in a Book - Shipper107

  • ...
 2
 378

Rarity

Twilight opened her eyes to find herself in a rather elegant bedroom. It was very similar to that of Rarity and the alicorn could only wonder if her friend had purposely designed her room after it or if it was just a coincidence.
Speaking of Rarity, she notice her standing right there in front of her...Wait, since when was Rarity so tall?
"Jamboree, dearest, I have the most exiting new..." The unicorn saw her and blinked, surprised. "Twilight? What are you doing here? Where´s Jamboree?"
"I don´t know or care where or even who is Jamboree." Twilight exclaimed. "Rarity, I´m here to..."
"...I know, darling.I´m...That is to say we´re....Trapped in a book.In order to get out, we must follow the script." Rarity interrupted.
"How did you...?"
"Twilight, darling,what do you take me for? Even a foal could figure that out."
"So you´ll tell me the story?" Twilight grinned as her friend nodded.
"I´m playing Sugar Plum,a famous and gifted Canterlot musician; you´re playing Jamboree, Sugar´s prepubescent daughter." That expalined her height.Rarity continued. "I was just about to tell you that you´ve been accepted to magic school, where you´ll meet and fall for a colt named Dusty.He´ll love you back but then you´ll both find out a terribly horrifying secret."
Twilight nodded and motioned for her to go on.
"Being your mother, of course I´ll get involved and in the process, fall for Dusty´s father, Megablue." Rarity let out a love struck sigh and a matching giggle, giving the young princess the idea that that part of the story was already taken care of. "It will all end on a bittersweet note at my wedding with him."
"Okay then let´s do it!" She was just about to go out the door when another question popped into her head. "Um, what´s the book called?"
"It´s called The one thing we have in Common shall Keep us Apart." She did a dramatic pose for emphasis.
Twilight sighed, even the tittle was sappy.It was going to be a long day.


So far, the book wasn´t so bad, it wasn´t even that boring.Unlike she had expected, she hadn´t actually fallen for Dusty, she had instead pretended to be in love with him by lying.Cadance would´ve been furious.
"The stars sure are beautiful tonight, aren´t they?" She asked, staring at the night blue sky.
The equally blue unicorn colt sitting beside her chuckled. "Not as beautiful as your eyes."
Gee, how original. She thougth. But it´s nice to get a compliment every once in a while, tho...Sweet Celestia, Cadance is going to turn me into crystal and feed me to Spike!!
Dusty raised an eyebrow. "Something on your mind, Jammy?"
Twilight forced a smile. "Only you."
He chuckled once again and leaned forward with the intention of closing the small gap between them.Twilight blushed, not only did she not want to kiss him, she´d been told she was a very bad kisser. Luckily, Rarity had told her she da to interrupt the kiss with a question:
"Wait, are you sure?"
"What?"
"I mean...I like you, I just don´t know you well enough yet." She was glad that finally something she said matched her real thoughts and feelings.
"Okay then, let´s talk families." He suggested. "My father´s a single father who raised me on his own because Celestia knows where my mother is."
Twilight´s jaw hit the floor...Or the grass, Whatever.She really felt sorry for him. "I´m so sorry.You don´t know anything about her?"
"I know her name, Sugar Plum."
The mare turned filly gasped and ran away before Dusty could keep talking.


She found Rarity not far away, conversing with a pegasus she figured to be Megablue, he certainly looked the part.
"RARI-I mean-MOM!!! I need to speak with you RIGHT NOW!"
"Sweety, mama is in an appointment right now." She answered, clearly annoyed. But Rarity´s annoyance was nothing compared to hers.
"But both our lives are at risk right now!!"
Megablue raised an eyebrow at her while Rarity scowled.Twilight pouted, it had became a staring contest. Finally, the stallion broke it all.
"Look, Sugar, I´m just gonna go wait for you at the bar.You´ll come when you´re done sorting this out."
Rarity sighed. "Very well, darling."
The pegasus flew away and Rarity instantly grabbed Twilight. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! This is not part of the story, you´re suppoused to be with Dusty!!" She put her down on the ground again. "Besides, you ruined a perfectly good moment between us."
"BUT YOU´VE ALREADY HAD ONE!!"
Rarity raised an eyebrow. "What?"
"You´re Dusty´s mother.Meaning him and I are half-siblings AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME THAT?!"
"I never told you for two reasons." She raised one hoof for emphasis. "One. I know you, darling, I knew you would´ve been hesitant if I told you.Two." She raised another hoof. "It would´ve been a spoiler.I was NOT going to ruin the big twist for you."
The mini-alicorn facehoofed herself. "Great, now I have to be with my brother."
Rarity cringed. "Heavens, no, that´ll be much uncivilized.Now, if you don´t mind me spoiling, darling...."
"RARITY!!" Twilight´s stare could shatter mountains. "SPOIL THE WHOLE THING FOR ALL I CARE!!!"
Rarity tried hard to glare back but failed miserably. "You know, I´m technically your mother, dear." She coughed into her hoof and proceeded."Anyways, that´s what makes the story so tragic; I end up with my colt, you don´t."
"Hey, Sugar," they heard Blue´s voice coming from far away. "You and the kid almost done."
Rarity smirked as she returned to her place. "Speaking of which."
Twilight groaned.


"Do you, Sugar Plum, take this stallion as your lawfully wedded husband, throught sickness and health, until death do you part?" The stallion in charge of performing the ceremony mused.Next to him, sat Twilight Sparkle or, rather, Jamboree wearing a pink and black dress and holding an empty basket that had no further than a minute ago been filled with flower petals.Next to her, stood Rarity wearing a pretty expensive and over-the-top wedding dress.The young alicorn wasn´t sure which would kill her first, if the tight belt of the dress pressing and hurting her skin or the ever-growing rage of her best friend.
"I DO!!!" She said, giggling like a bashful school-filly.
"Then I pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss." As the stallion said that, Twilight felt something dragging her away; she instantly knew what it was, she was getting sucked back to the real world.She smiled and looked at Rarity, who innocently leaned forwards for a kiss only for the real world to start sucking her out as well.
"WHAT?!"
"Rarity!! It´s over, we´re going home!!!" Twilight smiled.
"WHAT?! NO!!" The unicorn reached for the groom , whose eyes ere still closed. "BLUE!!!! I´LL NEVER FORGET YOOOOU!!!"