• Published 27th Feb 2016
  • 373 Views, 18 Comments

The Misadventures of Fanta Shock - Feathers and Fanfics



Fanta Shock is just your average, usually grumpy mercenary. Her Thursday is not going as planned, and it can only get worse.

  • ...
3
 18
 373

Chapter 7: Pinkie Party Preparation


Fanta opened her eye and groaned. The sun was just on her eyepatch, thankfully not blinding her like it usually does. Rolling out of bed, she stretched her legs and cantered downstairs. Tonight was the pink creature's big party thing, so Fanta was going to have to spend all day today avoiding Pinkie and preparing herself for the party.



After breakfast, she peeked outside. No scooters. No salesponies. Good. Taking a wary few steps, she made her way out of her house. She paused, waiting for something to hit her. When nothing did, she decided it was safe and trotted away towards the market.

[-Pinkie POV-]

Pinkie Pie shot up. She was excited, today was her big party! She zipped downstairs and got herself some cereal to go with her bowl of sugar. She was happily crunching away on the sickeningly sweet breakfast, when she heard someone enter Sugarcube Corner. Looking up, a sunglasses-wearing stallion dressed in royal guard armour approached the counter.



"Hiiii! Welcome to Sugarcube Corner, where all the sweetest ponies come to eat!" Pinkie giggled and grinned at the guard.



"You are running a part tonight, correct?" The stallion grunted in a monotone voice.



"Yeah! Why? Do you wanna come?! I normally invite ponies, but for you I can-"



"The royal guard will be using the back room during the party. Understand?" Pinkie faltered slightly at being interrupted.



"But why? Aren't there a bajillion othe-"



"I said, do you understand? You have no choice in the matter, Miss Pie. Comply or you will be detained."



Pinkie felt a chill go down her spine. The chill stopped for tacos halfway down, then continued until she got a tingle in the tippiest tip of her tail. She nodded glumly at the guard, her pinkie sense internally screaming at her to say no.

[-Fanta POV-]

Fanta Shock was trying her very best not to assault the mare in front of her who was charging five bits for a pack of hairbands. Grumbling, she accepted the trade and stomped off to the next stall. This particular shop was her favourite. She went up to the counter, and grinned at the rugged stallion behind it. His stall advertised asparagus, Fanta's least favourite food.



"I'll have three bundles of asparagus, I have to cook some soup." He chuckled and nodded, putting three bundles of green tubes before Fanta.



"You haven't done soup in a while! Having someone over? Oh, that'll be 20 bits." Any other pony would've fainted at the extortionate price, but Fanta just nodded and paid him.



"Just making sure I have enough for anypony who comes over to visit." The stallion laughed and patted her head.



"You haven't changed a bit, Fanty." Fanta blushed and grumbled.



"Neither have you, Teach. You still smell of lemon." The stallion stiffened and narrowed his eyes at Fanta.



"I thought you said you'd never mention that again?"



"And I thought you said you'd never pet me again!" They growled at each other, then stopped and chuckled.



"Oh man, just like the good old days. Remember when you threw the live grenade backwards?"



Fanta blushed and mumbled.



"It was my first day..."



"Still funny, though. Anyway, you should get along and cook your soup. Just don't catch my shop in it, alright?" Fanta rolled her eyes and trotted off, waving goodbye. The stallion grunted and turned to his next customer.



"Agent Drops, how are you?"

[-??? POV-]

Meanwhile, in an extra storage room at Sugarcube Corner, a small group of hooded ponies had gathered.



"Is the ritual ready?"



"Yes."



"Is the pink one blocked out? She must not see our work." One of the ponies shuffled to the door, checking the magical seal on the lock.



"It's clear." The pony's eyes glinted from under the cloak.



"Good. Then, let us rehearse the plan, one more time..."