• Published 27th Feb 2016
  • 373 Views, 18 Comments

The Misadventures of Fanta Shock - Feathers and Fanfics



Fanta Shock is just your average, usually grumpy mercenary. Her Thursday is not going as planned, and it can only get worse.

  • ...
3
 18
 373

Chapter 4: In Which Fanta Attempts to Conclude her Bad Day.


Chapter 4: In Which Fanta Attempts to Conclude her Bad Day

3 pm. Outside Ponyville's schoolhouse, a white unicorn mare stood proud, waiting for the final bell to ring. She was praying it wouldn't give her a headache.

The school bell chimed out happily, telling everypony within earshot that their little angels were on their way home. Fanta readied her checklist, ignoring the brand new throbbing pain in her skull and concentrating on the foals running past her.

As she checked them off her checklist, she remembered when she was a young filly, always doing things she wasn't supposed to. She had been a favourite in Canterlot playgrounds for her eyepatch, though.

Snapping out of her daydream, she continued checking foals off her list. One cutie mark she hadn't seen yet. No wait, three cutie marks – they just looked the same. She groaned and quickly scanned the crowd of young ponies, who were all much less afraid of her now, even going so far as to peer at her eyepatch as if it would reveal its secrets if it was looked at long enough.

Not seeing the three cutie marks, she sighed and started a quick round of the school premises. She checked under the slide, around the swings, under a bench, in the toy box... Nothing. Starting to get worried, she went inside the schoolhouse. In the back of her mind, she hoped Cheerilee wouldn't feed her to some kind of eldritch abomination from Tartarus that she likely kept as a pet.

"Uhh, Cheerilee?" Fanta asked, sweat trailing down the back of her neck.


"Yes?" The purple mare looked up at the pony who had interrupted her as she marked a colt's workbook.

"Umm... These three ponies are missing from the group that just left. The ones with the weird badge cutie marks." Cheerilee tensed, then relaxed.

"It’s okay. Those three left by their own means. You know the slide? They ride a scooter up that and jump the fence." Cheerilee grinned. "But thank you for coming to me with this, you're an honest pony."

Fanta nodded, putting the checklist on a desk as she turned to leave. She stopped halfway out the door, and mustered the courage to say something.

"Hey Cheerrilee... Can I interest you in a drink?" Fanta somehow suppressed a blush as Cheerilee blinked and looked up.

"Sorry, dear. I have lots of work to do. Maybe later?" Fanta glumly nodded and trotted out of the schoolhouse. As soon as she did, she sighed. At least now, she could maybe get some sleep.

Half an hour later, Fanta crawled into bed. It was only late afternoon but she'd decided she deserved some sleep. She'd battled birds, a hangover, and a schoolhouse full of hyperactive foals. Clearly, she was not cut out for any line of work concerning the care of schoolchildren.

Fanta closed her eyes, waiting for the bliss of sleep...

Miles away, the princess of the moon was on an expensive date with her attractive coltfriend. She mentally received the notification that somepony was trying to sleep, and checked through her magical records of that pony. Oh yes, this pony is the one that keeps trying to sleep in the afternoon. No. Go do something with your time, you lazy mare. She smiled at her date, ignoring the sleep request and not feeling guilty at all.

Back in Ponyville, Fanta's eyes flipped open. She was now understandably irritable, and needed to take it out on somepony. Or something. She promptly sent a bedside lamp out her window and on a collision course with next door's garden. Their grass needed more colour, anyway. She grumped and stomped her way downstairs and stuck her head in a cupboard, searching for something to drink. Unable to find anything, she backed up and unlocked her front door. Her temper had quickly shifted from 'mildly irritated' to 'angry equine' within a couple of minutes, and she slammed the door shut behind her for the second time that day.

"GET OUTA THE WAY!!" Her head snapped to the left, just in time for her eye to register an orange pony on a scooter barrelling mid-air towards her. Today was just not her day, she thought, as the scooter made contact with her head.

Author's Note:

See! Another chapter! :D