• Published 23rd Feb 2016
  • 286 Views, 9 Comments

Realms Unite 2 - Ninyn



Hero's have fallen. But uniting whats left is what the realms truly need in this dark time.

  • ...
13
 9
 286

Chapter 7 Multiple Aspects?

Two long days went by, Odion and Star Bright had not emerged from Ozpin's office. Ruby took a breath coming from the mess hall. Her sister Yang followed her, "You seem down. What's wrong sis?" she asked.

Yang is 17, two years older than Ruby. She wore a collared cream top over a black shirt, and over top of the former is a black article of clothing that consists of a raised collar, a strap across her collarbone, and mid-length sleeves that are gold at the end. Around her neck is a pendant that has a smooth, round, purple gem set in a round piece of metal that has a point coming off the left and right sides and a small oval shape coming from the bottom.

She had a pair of crooked black belts with gold accents across her hips, and a purple piece of fabric with lilac lace around the edges hangs from her left hip. She had a dark gray article of clothing coming down from under her cream top that is either a mini-skirt or part of her black shirt. It has vertical belted straps going down into her thigh-high black stockings, which have her burning heart emblem printed in yellow on the outer side of each leg near the top and a row of four gold pyramid studs above each knee.

She wore a pair of black boots with a series of belted straps across them. On the back of each boot at the top is a large white ribbon tied into a bow. Ruby sighed looking up at Yang, "Remember those two older people I found in the forest near beacon?" she said.

Yang nodded, "The crazy strength old man named Odion? And the pretty lady named Star Bright?" she said. Ruby nodded as they continued down the hall. Their other team mates Blake Belladonna, and Weiss Schnee joined them.

Blake wore a white v-neck zip-up shirt that is black along the bottom and has mid-length sleeves. Her belladonna flower emblem was printed in off-white on the left side of the shirt. She wore black pants that have a vertical gray stripe on the outer side of each leg, and she wore a black belt with them.

Attached to the inner side of the belt is a black, somewhat curved, banner-like piece of fabric that hangs from the back and extends forward to her hips. On the underside of this is a thinner, longer, similarly-shaped purple piece of fabric. Her black high-heel boots come halfway up her calves and have a pair of belted straps across them. She wore black ribbons on her arms and a black bow to cover her cat ears.

Weiss wore a pure white dress with black edging and two columns of four black buttons on the abdomen. There is a pale-blue print of her snowflake emblem on her back. The inside of the skirt portion of the dress contains black frills. She also wore thigh-high, white high-heel boots with frilly black thigh-high stockings that come up slightly above the top of her boots.

Ruby looked at the two of them. Weiss took a breath, "If they haven't been seen leaving the campus then they've still gotta be here. Most likely still in Ozpins office. Personally I'd like to know who these strangers are myself. They sound pretty interesting," she said.

Blake nodded in agreement, "You said their weapons looked pretty normal besides the colors they showed. Did you notice any dust or there semblances?" she asked.

Ruby thought about the way Odion had hit the Beowolf with just his arm and the… energy?, that had started swirling around it, "There was something odd about Odion… This energy… Maybe his semblance… I'm not entirely sure. Just a lot of glowy stuff started swirling around his left arm just before he punched the Beowolf I had ran into," she said.

Weiss rolled her eyes, "He must have been wearing some kind of armor or something closely related to Yang's gauntlets. I've never heard of someone actually using their bare hands to take down a full grown Grimm before," she said.

Yang laughed, "Who knows eh? Why don't we find them and try to get a match with one of them!" she said. Ruby's eyes widened in disbelief, but before she could say anything Yang started sprinting off towards Ozpin's office.

"Yang WAIIIT!!" Ruby cried trying to catch up to her sister. Blake giggled a little and chased off after the two. Weiss scowled, "Am I the only one with any manners for guests?!" she cried running after her team.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ozpin was drinking coffee as per the norm. Odion was also sipping a cup of coffee in a more relaxed position sitting before the Professor. Ozpin took a breath, "Well… You've certainly have mainly tales to tell… Most of the important details are out of the way… Tell me… If we're another aspect of courage… Does that mean you have two Sentients of Courage?" he asked.

Star Bright frowned a bit, "Actually… We don't have Sentients for either realm at this current time… We have to find someone worthy of taking the position," she said.

Ozpin nodded, "Of course… I wouldn't expect anything less. Now… Will you be staying long in Remnant or is this only for the moment?" he asked.

Star Bright smiled, "Well… Quite honestly we're going to be here to recruit some helpers in defending the realms. We can't guarantee safety, but if anyone does make it through this, they'll be more informed of the world around them, and they'll have learned some new experiences," she said.

Ozpin nodded pondering her words, "It's obvious nothing is coming to change our realm. You've only recently discovered ours. I know of a select few who may indeed be of service to you. They're young… But I have my faith in them that they can aid you in this time of need," he said.

Odion raised an eyebrow, "One of those individuals wouldn't happen to be Ms. Rose would it?" he asked.

Ozpin smiled, "Of what interest is she to you Master Jedi?" he asked.

Odion shrugged, "She seems smart, well mannered and skilled in sorts. Plus she was the first person we encountered upon entering your realm. It would only seem fit if she got a grasp on a little more information," he said.

Ozpin chuckled, "Of course. I do believe we're going to be bombarded with guests in a second," he said. Odion and Star Bright raised an eyebrow as the doors to Ozpin's office flew open.

Yang and Ruby fell face first upon entry. Ozpin raised an eyebrow as Glynda stepped over the girls, "Sorry about the noise. I caught these girls trying to listen on your conversation," she said. Yang and Ruby sat up quickly and stood dusting themselves off.

Ozpin shook his head, "It's alright Glynda. It's not like they're here. They have a right to be curious about the guests Ruby brought to the school. I assure you they've been well taken care of Ms. Rose. You may have your acquaintances back now," he said with a smile.

Odion turned to the man bowed his head, "It was a pleasure getting to know you Professor. Before we are ready to depart we will notify you so you can prepare the individuals," he said. Ozpin nodded and went to a side room.

Star Bright walked up to the girls, "Sorry about worrying you Ms. Rose," she said.

Ruby smiled, "I was just making sure you guys hadn't been launched out of the school, and just Ruby please," she said with a smile.

Star Bright nodded, "Of course… Ruby," she said.

Yang rolled her eyes, "Well it's nice to finally meet the ones who helped my sister get out of a rough situation. I'm Yang, Yang Xiao Long," she said extending a hand out to them.

Star Bright giggled and shook Yang's hand, Odion followed, "We've discussed a lot with your headmaster. We've heard a lot about your endeavors when you all first started here as well. We we're quiet intrigued to hear what beasts you and your friends took down together," he said.

Yang and Ruby nodded, "It was a in the moment kind of deal. Falling debris, adrenaline rushing through our young bodies. It was nothing," Yang said smiling. Blake and Weiss finally appeared in the doorway and saw the two visitors.

Weiss gasped looking at Star Bright, "Oh my goodness! You're beautiful!" she said.

Star Bright blushed a little, "You two must be Blake Belladonna and Weiss Schnee. The remaining members of team RWBY. Am I correct?" she said.

Blake nodded, "I bet Professor Ozpin told you a lot about our school and teams?" she said. Weiss turned to Blake, "Blake!" she cried. Blake rolled her eyes and shook hands with the visitors.

Odion looked at the young women, *Looks like we most of the individuals in front of us…*he thought. Odion smiled, "Well it's a pleasure to meet all such young fine skilled huntress'," he said.

Yang nodded, "Thank you. Now to the real reason why we came. Ruby told us how you took down a Beowolf with just one punch! I wanna see you in real action! I wanna spar with you Old Man!" she said.

Ruby, and Weiss both squeaked, "What?!"

Odion smiled and looked to Star Bright, "Will you ladies just give me a moment to think on this?" he asked. Yang nodded smiling.

Odion and Star Bright went over the window, "What do you think dear?" he asked. Star bright pursed her lips, "I'm not so sure about it… We don't have the same abilities as they do and vice versa. Our strength may be a little too much," she said.

Odion nodded, "Yes that may be true, but if the entire team is going to join our cause for a moment we need them to know what they're kind of up against. Plus it'll prepare us to know how to help them should they need upgrades or other accessories to aid in they're fighting," he said. Star frowned and sighed in defeat. She nodded in agreement, "Don't pulverize the lady, Odion…" she said.

Weiss was glaring at Yang, "You do realize it was impolite to call him old man… Not only that but challenging an elder to sparring match!! That’s just insane!!" she hissed. Ruby nodded repeatedly to the statement.

Yang chuckled, "Relax girls. He probably knows I was just joking about the old man thing and so what? If we wanna know what they can do it's the perfect way to figure things out!" she said enthusiastically.

Odion returned with a smirk, "Alright Yang, I accept your challenge. I'll give you everything I've got with my normal set of skills. No backing out and I want you to go all out on me. I shall also like to request that I take on Ms. Schnee and Ms. Belladonna as well. My wife and I have already seen what Ruby has to offer and we're thoroughly impressed with her work using a scythe," he said. Blake and Weiss both blinked and looked at the man with shocked expressions.

Yang smiled, "Perfect!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ozpin was sending recordings of his discussion with Odion and Star Bright to his accomplices. Ozpins phone began to ring within a few minutes. Ozpin watched Odion and Star Bright head out the door with Team RWBY and picked up the phone, "Ozpin speaking," He said.

"So people from other dimensions huh? Gotta admit Ozpin we sure seem to attract some interesting people don't ya think?" A raspy voice spoke.

Ozpin fixed his glasses, "You'd be the last person I'd expect to call me while on a mission… Though I do have to say it's good to hear you're alive Qrow," he said. Sounds of mischievous laughter could be heard on the other end.

"So… I take it you believe these newcomers eh?" Qrow asked.

Ozpin took a breath, "Believe them yes, Trust them, indifferent, but I am intrigued by their offer to broaden our worlds knowledge to the others. If such places and people do exist it would be good to know what we have on our side and what we might have to fight," he said.

Qrow groaned, "Don't we have enough trouble to deal with at the moment without anybody else stepping in and asking for help. I mean with the way The White Fang are growing and the movements of the Grimm I think we're pretty tied up don't you think?" he asked.

Ozpin nodded ominously, "That may be true Qrow, but if we're to actually have a higher chance against our enemies we should look to more knowledge and broaden the experience at our grasp and take a chance," he said.

Qrow could be heard growling slightly but the growling stopped as he took a shaky breath, "I take it you offered them Ruby and her team then huh?" he asked.

"I think they figured out about the rest of Team RWBY on their own. Your niece Yang was ease dropping on our discussion and challenged Odion to a sparring match. Surprisingly enough Odion accepted though Star Bright seemed a little distasteful regarding the decision. I however understand the man's motives. Both ends need to learn of one another, and this might be the fastest way possible," he said.

Qrow laughed, "Leave it to my sister's daughter to break the ice! I wish her the best of luck. From what I could tell, that Odion guy is pretty skilled and hardened from battle. Keep me updated. Let me know how the fight goes," he said.

Ozpin smirked, "It's just a sparring match," he said.

"Ha! A sparring match? Against Yang? You have a better chance of her dad getting laid than this being a normal sparring match. This will end up being a full blown fight if Odion gets his way," Qrow said. Ozpin was about to reply but Qrow hung up. With a sigh Ozpin walked back to his window and looked out across the school and to the courtyard, *What a world we live in…*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruby and her team had ran to their room to grab their weapons. They quickly returned to the courtyard where Odion sat with his sword drawn, "Shall we begin?" he asked standing up.

Yang smiled reloading her gauntlets, "If you're ready, then I'm ready," she said.

Odion held up his sword and left arm smiling, he motioned for Yang to make the first move. Yang smiled as she pulled her arms back, her gauntlets shot off an exhaust that threw her forward. Odion blinked and brought up his sword as Yang came down punching forward sending out a shockwave between the two.

Odion pushed Yang back and swung at her with the flat of his blade. Yang dodged bending under the swing and came around with another punch. Odion took the blow full on and skittered across the ground. His shirt torn slightly.

Yang smiled and lunged forward and two shells shot forth at Odion. Odion turned slicing the two shells in half. Upon contact with Odions blade the shells exploded sending both back a bit more.

Odion smiled, *So this is the technology of Remnant?* he thought. Yang smiled, "You doing ok Old Timer?" she coaxed. Odion smiled and held his blade up, lightning began to flow around the blade. Odion's eyes turned Navy Blue.

Ruby, Weiss and Blake saw the change in Odion and frowned. Odion chuckled, "I must admit your weapon intrigues me. Your skills are lacking, and your energy is strong. Now… It's my turn Ms. Long,"

Author's Note:

We're now moving along in the right direction. Things are moving a bit slow regarding the speed of the story but I promise it's all for the better. Hope you guys are enjoying the story thus far and I hope the details aren't annoying anyone.

Let me know your thoughts!

~Mighty Ninyn