• Published 12th Jun 2012
  • 2,126 Views, 34 Comments

A touch of youth - Raised_on_Shoegaze



When one of Twilight's spells backfires Celestia becomes a filly.

  • ...
8
 34
 2,126

Consequences

“What do you think Twilight told Mr. And Mrs. Hoo?” Fluttershy asked her rainbow-maned friend as they trotted down the road which conveniently led to both of their homes. Rainbow Dash turned to her friend and gave her a slight smirk.

“I’m more concerned with what she’s going to tell princess Luna when she asks where her sister is.” Rainbow Dash said with a slight chuckle.

“I was thinking that maybe we could stage an alien abduction. Maybe we could use Twilight’s magic to disguise orselves as space aliens and kidnap Celestia in front of Luna when she comes to ask Twilight about...”

“But don’t you think that would be a little bit scary for her.” Fluttershy asked, interrupting her friend in the middle of describing her idea. “I mean, she’s already gone a thousand years without her sister. So don’t you think that seeing her ponynapped right in front of her eyes and having to live without her again would be traumatizing for her?” Fluttershy asked, causing Rainbow Dash to stare at her with her mouth agape for a brief second before lowering her head.

“I guess that would probably be a little scary, especially for somepony like princess Luna.” Rainbow Dash admitted. “She might even transform into nightmare moon again when she sees her sister being abducted.” Rainbow Dash said as a slight expression of fear appeared on her face at the thought of battling nightmare moon in a space alien costume flashed through her mind.

“Well, what do you think we should tell her?” Rainbow Dash asked the shy pony beside her, who lowered her head to the ground in both embarrassment and contemplation.

“I don’t know.” Fluttershy admitted. “But I’ve always believed that telling the truth is always better than telling a lie.” Fluttershy said quietly, earning her a chuckle from Rainbow Dash.

“You didn’t seem to think that way when you stole the princess’ pet bird.” Rainbow Dash said with a smile that was returned with a glare from Fluttershy.

“That was different!” Fluttershy exclaimed as loud as she could, which truthfully wasn’t all that loud, as Rainbow Dash gave another chuckle.

“No it wasn’t. Celestia was worried about her pet just like Luna will be worried about her sister.” Rainbow Dash said, which caused small tears to form within the shy pony’s eyes.

“I said I was sorry.”


“I said I was sorry!” Twilight pleaded to the princess of the night who sat in one of the chairs on the first floor of the library with a look on her face that Twilight noted seemed to resemble a brick wall.

“My sister is a filly.” Luna spoke with apparent disregard to the young apprentice in the room, as well as the many guards who had followed her to Ponyville and the infant dragon currently hiding in the kitchen.

“Yes you’re sister is a filly. But we know how to fix her.” Twilight started to explain. “We just need to find the rare Aitselec flower and it’s pollen will return her to normal.” Twilight continued explaining, which went unnoticed by the catatonic princess who continued to stare at one of the library walls with a blank stare.

“My sister is a filly.” Luna repeated with a dull monotonic tone of voice as she did so. Twilight gave a sigh before attempting to walk over to comfort the princess, and being stopped by two of her guards.

“All ponies must stay at least 15 feet away from princess Luna until princess Celestia is able to assume her place on the throne.” One of the guards recited, while the other guard remained silent while giving Twilight a tern galre.

“My sister is a filly.” Luna repeated once again a monotonic voice as her eyes continued to remain fixated on a specific spot in the library wall. Twilight sighed as she took a step backwards.

“I said I was sorry.” Twilight repeated.

“No you’re not.” The princess spoke as she lifted herself from the chair in the library and turned her head to glare at her sister’s former student.

“You’re not sorry, and you probably never will be.” The princess said as a look of anger started to appear on her face as she started moving towards the purple magician.

“It wouldn’t surprise me if you purposefully cast that spell just so you could spend more time with her.” The princess explained through nearly clenched teeth as she continued to move towards the purple mare who appeared to be shaking slightly with her face facing away from the angry princess.

“You probably spent hours searching for a spell that could transform my sister into a filly so you could have the relationship you’ve always wanted to have with her.” Luna continued speaking, now towering over the cowering purple mare who now appeared to resemble a terrified filly being chastised by a stern teacher.

“You wanted to show her that age didn’t matter in matters of the heart.” Luna explained. “You wanted to make her younger than you and then sweep her off her feet and carry her into the sunset whilst whispering sweet nothings in her ears.” Luna said with a sarcastic tone of voice as she continued chastising the scared mare in front of her.

“But things didn’t work out as you planned did they? Your friends saw Celestia transform and realized that they had to transform her back into the beautiful mare she once was, and for fear of your friends finding out about your feelings for my sister, you decided to reverse your spell.” Luna finished speaking and paused for a brief moment to apparently study the filly cowering on the floor with a small amount of yellow liquid forming a puddle underneath her.

“I don’t hear you saying I’m wrong.” Luna said with a slight smile on her face at her apparent triumph of her sister’s student who merely nodded her head, before covering her face in shame. The princess gave a low growl before trotting towards the door of the library.

“If my sister isn’t back to her normal age within a week.” The princess said as her horn glowed a dark blue and the door in front of her opened wide to allow her to step though. “I’ll have you and your friend’s locked away in the castle dungeon for the rest of your lives.” Luna said with a final glare directed towards Twilight, before trotting towards the royal carriage. Once she had left the house her guards exchange nervous glances before leaving the house as well to protect the princess. Once all the guards had left Twilight collapsed on the ground and started whimpering to herself, seemingly oblivious to the yellow puddle she found herself laying in.

"She's right." Twilight said to herself with a whimper.