• Published 19th Feb 2016
  • 799 Views, 33 Comments

TALES FOR NIGHTMARE NIGHT! A collection to read AFTER the lights are out! - De Writer



This is a collection of short, fun Nightmare Night themed stories

  • ...
1
 33
 799

QUIET NIGHTMARE NIGHT FOR BONNIE BONES

The cloud white mare with a black mane and tail, wearing a seriously cute witch costume, complete with a hand made twig broom, sat comfortably behind a small folding table. There was a nicely filled foal bowl on the table and up on the gate pillars of the Ponyville cemetery she had two fair sized jack o lanterns. A pair of “unicorn skulls” hung from loops of chain set over the pillars.

Happy Nightmare Nighting foals were coming by and taking some of the nice Sweet Spot candy treats from the bowl.

She recognized the adult escort of the next group to come by. She smiled and said, “That is a great costume, Daph! I would swear that you were a Free Carlene of the House of Red Hoof! What are you doing escorting foals in your regular livery?”

Daphne Crager, Free Carlene of Red Hoof, answered, “I am escorting the foals of those that live in or close by to the Everfree. When we are done with our rounds, my Lord and Lady, Baron Drandale and Duchess Heather Bloom shall have them a party.

“And what are you doing here in front of the Cemetery, Bonnie Bones?”

Bonnie grinned and replied, “Two things at once. I am keeping a watch to keep out those of Morgripe’s stripe and I am giving out treats to foals at the same time.”

Daphne asked, “Did they ever find any trace of Morgripe? I understand that he disappeared there in the graveyard, where he had gone to do some vandalism.”

Bonnie gave a lopsided smile. “That was his fourth try at damaging the graves and monuments in there. No, the searchers never found any trace of him. I am pretty sure that he is not in there anywhere.”

Daphne replied, “To be honest, I do hope that he came to a bad end. That was a colt who was naught but trouble. My foals seem to have finished raiding your bowl. If you’ve no other place to go, come up to the Red Hoof Nightmare Night party.”

“I do thank you, Daph, but there is another party that I am going to this night.”

Shortly, all of her candies given out, Bonnie folded her table and packed away her bowl. She waited until none could see and mounted her broom. Floating up as easily as any of the ghosts who had taught her to fly and pass through solid things, she reached down and took the unicorn skulls by their chains and lifted them from the gate pillars. Hanging them from the broom, she flew to the back of the cemetery.

Under the light of the Moon of Nightmare, she sailed past the tumble down, moss grown wall between the world and the borderlands of Nightmare to party with many ghosts and nightmarish beings that were her friends.