• Published 3rd Feb 2016
  • 327 Views, 1 Comments

Butterflies And Strings - ForgottenDreams



Fluttershy finds a new friend in the Everfree forest

  • ...
 1
 327

Black Monarchs And The Gift

So over the course of the year Fluttershy continues her private lessons with Melodious Melody whenever she could. Gaining significant improvement into her ability to play the guitar and slowly begins to show her new found confidence to other ponies from helping Rainbow Dash go through the stages of grief to telling off the spirit of Chaos himself at the Grand Galloping Gala and many other examples. However Melodious Melody condition grew worse and worse to the point of coughing blood and losing color he was now pale. It became hard for him to continue playing his songs to pacify the forest for his little sister Octavia and every time he did it would nearly kill him.

Loud hard coughing " O Fluttershy my dearest and closest friend I've had in years I am so proud of you. You are no longer a timid little wallflower. You are now a bold eagle soaring through the clouds. I am so honored to have met you." Melodious Melody said weakly lying in his dimly lit bed surrounded by black monarchs and Lucy curled on top of the nearby dresser. Fluttershy grabs hold of his hoof tears trying to fall from her face.

"O Blue Note thank you for all that you have taught me and done I will cherish our memories together with great joy. I wish there was some way to help you."

"Hush now you can't shield me from death. I will hear the requiem death has prepared for my soul and it will be even more beautiful than my own songs. (coughing up blood followed by wheezing) Flutter...shy I...have...a...gift for you. It is in my closet please go get it."

Fluttershy goes to the closet and opens it to see a hand crafted guitar made from one of the elder oaks. Painted to match her coat color with three pink butterflies on the body symbolizing her cutie mark, and black and white monarchs dancing between golden frets. It was spectacular a true masterpiece of design. At the top of the head was his cutie mark shimmering in the light.

"It is beautiful Blue! (sniffles)"

"I hoped you'd like it. There is one last thing a favor if you will. When I die can you see that Lucy finds a good home? I'd hate to see her all alone. "

Fluttershy returns to the bedside putting on a smile for him and he weakly smiles back. " I will you have my word."

"Ah thank you.(breathing deeply) I just wish there was more that I could give you."

"No you've given me enough let me give you something to remember me by."
Fluttershy leans down and gives Melodious Melody a long and gentle kiss on the lips which he reciprocates tears flowing down her cheeks and glide into his eyes. They part lips.

"Beautiful" One last fall of his chest and passes.

"Good bye Blue Note I will always love you." Lucy lets out a loud and mournful cry as one by one black monarchs gracefully fall down on top of Melodious Melody and join him in the afterlife. Fluttershy with tears in her eyes picks up her gift and leaves the manor with a mourning Lucy following her. She gives one last look at the manor it seemed as though the manor itself was mourning the lost of a great musician. No not just the manor but the grove as well it all seemed so dark and sorrowful. There were no butterflies dancing, or bunnies hopping on the ground, the timberwolves were lifting their heads to the sky letting their cries chill the air. The leaves began to fall off of the grand oaks as if it were fall. She turns her head and goes down the trail wind blowing all around her never to return.

Author's Note:

I fast forward through the year just so it wouldn't get too boring just think of season 5 happening with some fillers