• Published 3rd Feb 2016
  • 326 Views, 1 Comments

Butterflies And Strings - ForgottenDreams



Fluttershy finds a new friend in the Everfree forest

  • ...
 1
 326

Red Butterflies And the Babbling Brook

The mares quickly rushed to the forest trying to catch up to the bouncing pink pony up ahead. When they caught up to Pinkie she was looking around trying to look for dancing butterflies to no avail. She was popping up everywhere only as Pinkie can under rocks and tree holes and everything in between. They all looked around frantically for butterflies but couldn't see any.

"I don't see any butterflies do you think we're too late?" Twilight

"No. Zecora said that the pony plays every evening in the spring we just have to find a dancing butterfly is all." Fluttershy

" Look over there I see a butterfly!" yelled Pinkie Pie

Sure enough in the distance was a bright red butterfly dancing away from them. They rushed after it avoiding exposed roots and fallen logs. Soon they were surrounded by red butterflies all going the same way. Then they could hear it an enthusiastic and upbeat song resonating off of the trees. It grew louder and louder until they came to a babbling brook and on top of a large boulder was a pony playing a stringed instrument. They couldn't see who it was for the sun was right where the pony was. All around them were thousands of red butterflies dancing to the fierce beat. A burning sensation begins to fill the six and before long one by one their rumps began to go up and down then they started to dance to the beat. An abrupt stop ended the song and before they could respond the pony sitting on top of the boulder disappeared as a large group of butterflies flew between them and it. They were covered in sweat and panting hard.

"What was that?! How could we just start dancing like that out of nowhere?" asked Applejack.

" I don't know but it sure was fun. heheheheh. We'll have to do this more often." giggled Pinkie Pie.

"It HAS to be magic! No pony can play like that!" panted Twilight.

"You sure about that Twi? It sure was purty but magic? I don't know." Applejack.

" I feel all tingly inside like some pony is tickling my tummy on the inside. Its weird." Pinkie Pie said. They all nod in agreement.

"Well whatever it was I think we should leave before it gets too dark. Does any pony know where we are?" Asked Rarity.

They all looked around to see if anything looked familiar and didn't. So Rainbow Dash flew above the tree line to get their bearings. As they were following Rainbow Dash lightning bugs started to come out of nowhere lighting up their path. It was as though they wanted the ponies out of the forest as fast as possible. Fluttershy tried to communicate with the insects like she usually does but the only thing they said was 'this way'. As they were walking the path the insects were showing them a figure was coming into view ahead of them. It was Octavia with her cello on her back. The mares ran up to catch up to her.

"Octavia!" all said in unison

Octavia turns her head to look back looking at the six then continues on her way.

"Wait up! What are you doing out here at night? And why do you have your cello?" Rainbow Dash

They catch up to her. Where she greets them with a hmph.

"So are you the mysterious music pony?" asked Pinkie Pie

Octavia looks at the group with a noticeable look of distain on her face.

"NO I am not the mysterious music pony. And it is quite rude to just start walking next to a mare without her permission. Why are you all out here anyways."

" We are investigating a rumor about this pony and came out here to find out what we could. But if you're not the mysterious music pony then why are you out here in the Everfree forest?" Replied Twilight.

"None of your business that's what. I'd appreciate it if you would please be quiet and leave me in peace."

Now there was awkward silence as the group followed the insects into the clearing outside of the forest Octavia left the group and headed home. Where as the group decide to have a sleep over at Fluttershy's since her house was close. It was amazing her hut was spotless just like as she asked of her animals in fact it was so clean that it was sparkling.

" It seems that whoever that pony is isn't going to be easy to figure out." said Dash.

"You think we should tail Octavia tomorrow?" Asked Pinkie Pie.

"That's probably not a good idea we're scheduled for heavy fog and it is going to be hard to see." Answered Dash

"Besides acting strange or not it is not wise to tail a pony into the Everfree forest especially in fog." Rarity.

This didn't sit well with Fluttershy she wants to find out who the mysterious pony is, but she didn't want to argue with her friends. So it was decided to wait until they could find a better way to find out who the mysterious pony is. With that the six ponies went to sleep dreaming of dancing red butterflies.