• Published 18th Jun 2012
  • 1,253 Views, 5 Comments

The Equestrian Civil War. - Grandore



The war between the NLR and the Solar Empire

  • ...
7
 5
 1,253

Contact

Chapter 6: Contact.

Squad Lightbringer soon found themselves walking Ponyville’s border, planting the crystal rods into the dirt every so often. Once they had set all the wards they turned and walked back around the border, checking for anything in the forest. “And why are we doing this?” Silverspeed asked as they checked the forest.

“Just a hunch, that’s all.” Grandore said. Soon later he paused, eyes widening, “DUCK!” he yelled as he and the rest of the squad dropped to the ground. Soon after a cloud of white shot out of the forest and a projectile sped by.

“Why was that?” Archmane asked, as he stood cautiously.

A squeaky familiar voice sounded from the forest. “Oh that? That was a confetti ball from my Party Cannon!” A pinky mare soon walked out, pushing a pink cannon.

“Pinkamena?” Octavia asked as she took off her helmet and placed it on the ground. “Is that you?”

“Octavia?” Pinkie asked as she looked at her sister. “What are you doing with them? They are with Celestia, and I mean, I don’t have anything against Celestia, just the way she leads us, She isn’t that fun anymore, and I thought ‘Hey maybe this is a good idea’ and Luna has a point, so why are you with them!?” Pinkie was staring at her sister.

“I’m with them because it’s what our family thinks is right. Or at least, most of our family. Sorry Pinkie.” Octavia looked at her sister with apology in her eyes.

“Oh… I see.” Pinkie was clearly sad, her hair deflating. Then, as suddenly as it deflated, it puffed back out and she smiled,

“I know! If we can’t settle out difference by this we can have a party and forget about it, right?” She noticed Octavia was putting her helmet on, “Okay, no party? Well then, let’s dance!” Pinkie said with a laugh as she fire the cannon one last time at Grandore, the multicolor projectile having a direct hit on Grandore and launched him back. Pinkie then lunged at her sister. Soon the two squads were fighting, Thunder Flash dashing at Archmane, only to bounce of a protective bubble. Vinyl was throwing what looked like records she used for her gig’s at Silverspeed, who shot each record, and Flim was approaching Grandore, who lay motionless on the ground.

“Grandore is it?” Flim asked as he helped the white unicorn up. “It’s an honor to meet you, truly.”

“Thanks, wait, your Flim right? Like from the Flim-Flam brothers?” He asked, the stallion nodded. “What happened to your brother?”

“He joined your side. I supposed we should be fighting, So let us start fairly, right now.” Flim said planting his hooves in the ground and his horn began to glow as he thought up a spell. A bolt of energy soon shot the air at Grandore, who created a small shield to block it. Grandore responded with an offensive attack, his horn glowed green and he brought his head downwards, then brought it up abruptly, crystals shot out in a line towards the yellow tinted unicorn. The unicorn jumped to the right and avoided the crystals, only to have one shoot out and hit his chest, launching him into the air. Flim recovered while in the air and shot back a series of bolts. The bolts shot fast, landing around Grandore, one landing on his hind leg, just below his cutie mark, and it burned.

“I have to finish the fast,” Grandore said to himself and with that he used what spells he could think up. Grandore focused hard, and soon used the air to send Flim flying into a tree, than used the tree to hold Flim still. “You stay.” Grandore said as he looked around to see his student in a protective bubble while Thunder Flash kept bouncing off of it. Grandore soon started to lose consciousness and before he past out, he let out one last air blast at Thunder Flash.

…..

“You can’t hold out forever!” Thunder Flash yelled as he kept pounding Archmane’s shield.

“But I can outlast you!” Archmane yelled back. No I can’t Archmane thought and right before his shield broke Thunder Flash went speeding off course, into a boulder. Archmane noticed that the blast came from his master, who was laying on the ground unconscious. He’ll be alright Archmane thought and galloped to were Thunder Flash had flew. “Okay, so you didn’t go into a boulder you went through a boulder.” Archmane said aloud as he approached the red Pegasus laying on the ground. Looking down at the pegasus he could tell that he was knocked out, until the pegasus dashed into his chest and launched him into the air. Archmane could only let out a grunt as he spiraled into the sky, and stopped himself with ice magic. Lowering himself to the ground he looked at the Pegasus above him. “I will outlast you Thunder Flash.” He said and his horn began to glow. A split second later a pillar of ice shot out of the ground and hit Thunder Flash, but didn’t launch him out of the sky, instead it froze him in place. “HURRY!” Archmane yelled to the other two ponies. “That pillar will signal the Unicorn mages to start the barrier!” With that he grabbed his master and dragged him behind the wards to where the rest of the squad waited.

“Oh…Well that was a fun dance Tavi!” Pinkie said when the barrier went up and blocked her path. “I’ll see you again, I promise.”