• Published 18th Jun 2012
  • 1,253 Views, 5 Comments

The Equestrian Civil War. - Grandore



The war between the NLR and the Solar Empire

  • ...
7
 5
 1,253

Royal Ceremony

Chapter 13: Royal Ceremony.

The day was early, ponies from all over the Solar Empire gathered for the ceremony they heard about. Princess Celestia stood upon the stage, the four pony squad standing behind her. Once everypony had gathered Celestia began the ceremony. “Thank you for showing up everypony, this ceremony if very important for today we label our Unicorn Commander.” Turning to Archmane, Celestia levitated a folded up cape and a medal shaped like to fist crossing eachother. “Archmane, I award you with the ‘Will of Iron’ medal for showing courage on the battle field. I also award you with this,” pulling out the cape to show everypony, the cape was gold with white trim, a picture of two crossed glowing unicorn horns on the side. “I am honored to call you our new Unicorn Commander.” With that, Archmane knelt and went on to give the rest of the squad the ‘Valiant Shield’ medal, then she stopped at Grandore. “Grandore, I am honored to give you a promotion too. For today Grandore, you are now ‘Unicorn Captain’ and the new teacher of our Unicorn recruits. And still the leader of Squad Lightbringer.”

“Thank you, Celestia, and I have something for Archmane.” Grandore walked to the front of the stage and turned to Archmane.
“My Apprentice, I have a medal for you too.” Grandore pulled out a medal that looked like a solar eclipse, “This is the medal that only people who have fulfilled their role in Squad Lightbringer earn, this is the Lightbringer insignia.” Grandore pinned the medal on Archmane and smiled, with that the remaining ponies who were watching the ceremony had dispersed and, after saying their goodbyes, Lightbringer had left too, leaving only Celestia and Archmane.

“I’m going to miss them.” Archmane said as he watched his squad walk away.

“I would hope not, they will be at a good majority of your Operations.” Celestia looked at Archmane and smiled. “Now go on, there’s a Chariot waiting for you, go get ready and go. Shining Armor and Spitfire are going to need you there soon.”

“Okay, your majesty.” With that Archmane walked off from where Celestia stood.