• Published 31st Jan 2016
  • 1,244 Views, 21 Comments

Sunset and Twilight Go On a Dangerous Quest Called Love While Rainbow Dash Flew This Morning - Nikkori



Twilight likes Sunset. Sunset likes Twilight. How the hay are they supposed to get together If it's kinda awkward? Well, Starlight Glimmer has a crush on a straight girl. Watch as Starlight, Sunset, and Twilight explore love and forbidden love.

  • ...
2
 21
 1,244

Chapter 4- Love is in The Air

As Starlight and Rainbow's 'date' ended, they had found themselves outside Twilight's castle. Encased in Starlight's magic, half of the Starry Day cake, a tub of ice cream, some cinna buns, two cases of cupcakes, and an LightApple cake.

"So Starlight," Rainbow said. "This was nice. We have to do this again!" Starlight beamed. Rainbow Dash totally liked her!

"Well, I'm free every single day this month. How about tomorrow?" Starlight offered. Starlight didn't know. Rainbow's eyes lit up.

"Meet me on top of Twi's castle with food at 5:55 am. I'll be like, three minutes late, but I'll be there. Also, go to the hugest and highest branch on the tree. Set the food down on a blanket too. It'll be So. Awesome!" Rainbow Dash grinned happily. Starlight grinned a bit wider.

"Sure Rainbow! See ya!" Starlight trotted into the castle.


Applejack was sitting as still as a statue as Sunset worked on her hair. So far, Applejack had only cried out when Sunset came across a tangle in her mane. So far, Sunset was only able to get a brush through Applejack's mane about three times smoothly. Soon enough, Sunset came across another tangle.

"Watch it! That hurts!" Applejack squirmed. Sunset still struggled to get the brush through.

"Well, this one's vicious! Also, your head wouldn't be hurting if you just brushed your hair regularly!" Sunset snapped. The grandfather clock in the main hallway rang eight times. Sunset's eyes widened.

"I'm so sorry AJ!" Sunset cried. "You're late for your date!" I'm-" Sunset was cut off by AJ.

"Cloudchaser told me that it's moved to 8:30. C'mon. Hurry!" Applejack sat still once more. Sunset finally brushed out the tangle.

"Okay! I'm putting your mane in a low ponytail and curling, leaving a tiny bit in front of your face." Sunset explained. Applejack nodded. Sunset went off to find the perfect accessory for Applejack's hair.

"Wow. Mah mane length can rival Rarity's when her's is wet. So soft and shiny." She ran a hoof smoothly through her mane. Sunset returned with a bright red rose clip.

"Alright Applejack," Sunset began, "you need to stay still. I mean it. I really don't want to hurt you." Applejack nodded.

"Ah understand. It's 8:15. Ah need mah hair fixed and-"

"Done!" Sunset announced. It had only been seconds and Sunset was finished.

"Whut? It takes me a minute to put mah hair in a ponytail. How did ya finish so fast?" Applejack asked. Sunset waved her hooves around.

"Mmmmmmmagic!" Sunset explained in a rather silly manner. Applejack smiled.

"Well, make me up!" Applejack said. Sunset levitated a palate of various red makeup.

"Red is a nice color in you, ya see? So let me do my thing." Sunset levitated a brush to AJ's face.

"And whatever you do, don't move. Or sneeze. Or touch your face. I'll have to start all over again if you do." Sunset explained.

"Ah trust ya Sunset."

"Good. Now relax,"


"Okay Applejack, ten minutes before you have to leave, well, about five minutes. I need you to pick out a dress!" Sunset gestured to her closet, mainly red clothes were to choose from.

"Ah like that one!" Applejack pointed to a simple scarlet dress with a little velvet colored heart locket. Sunset removed it from her closet and with a burst of her magic, the dress appeared on Applejack.

Sunset Shimmer and Applejack stared in silence, the former because of beauty, the latter because of thinking.

"Go Applejack!" Sunset said, hastily flashing black flats on her friend. Just as Applejack went out of sight, Sunset yelled again.

"Buy her pink lilies!" Sunset called.

"Ah like that!" and then Applejack's voice was no more.

"Good luck Applejack." Sunset whispered before dissapearing inside.


Applejack arrived at Sugarcube Corner at 8:27. However, Sugarcube Corner was now a lover's romantic dinner place.

Or at least it looked one.

"Applejack! Do ya liiiiiiiiiike it? Huh! Huh!" Pinkie bounced up and down. Applejack nodded, the little bit of mane swishing in her vision.

"Great Cloudchaser is supposed to be here......" Pinkie gasped. "Take a seat there!" Pinkie Pie pointed to a booth.

Applejack took a seat at the requested booth. Soon enough, just as the clock struck 8:30, not even a second later, Cloudchaser walked in.

Cloudchaser looked like a gift from the heavens to Applejack. Cloudchaser's mane's ice blue tips in the front of her face was pointed to the left. The back of her mane was in tight, small, ringlets. Cloudchaser wore a ice blue dress that split right at her back left hind leg. A ribbon of light pink ran across the bodice. A little shooting star locket was her only accessory. All though she couldn't really see, Applejack knew Cloudchaser had black tinted crystal heels on.

"Oh, like what ya see, huh AJ?" Cloudchaser asked teasingly. "It's rude to stare!" Applejack blushed.

"It's jist, ya look heavenly." Applejack grinned. Cloudchaser tittered.

"The only thing I had anything to do with this outfit was the dress! Flitter did the rest." Cloudchaser said as she took a seat. Applejack laughed.

"Ah had mah friend Sunset Shimmer do this. Ah picked the dress out. I was originally gonna go ta Rarity, but ya know what would've happened...." Applejack trailed off. Cloudchaser nodded knowingly.

"I heard she's quite the drama queen. And all about," Cloudchaser started imitating Rarity, "elegance! Fancy! Posh! Glitter on everything!"

"That's the Rarity Ah know!" Applejack laughed. Cloudchaser laughed too, candlelight flicking on other tables making her look even more heavenly.

"Hello! I'm Pinkamena Diane Pie. Please call me Pinkie or Pinks or Pinkie Pie. Anyway, I'm your server for this evening. Shall I start you off with drinks?" Pinkie Pie asked.

She wore a white blouse with a pocket on the left side, a pair of black slacks, black Mary Janes. She had even tied her mane and tail in a messy bun and placed a pencil behind her right ear and a notepad in the pocket on her blouse. Her eyes were alight with joy and merriment, signaling it wasn't a Pinkie Pie look-alike.

"Yes please. I would like a Chocolate Crunch Cloud milkshake. Applejack, what would you like?" Cloudchaser asked. Pinkie was writing furiously in her notepad.

"Ah would like a Caramel Toffee Candy Apple milkshake. Extra caramel drizzle." Applejack said. Pinkie stopped writing for a minute.

"Extra caramel drizzle?" Pinkie repeated. Applejack nodded.

"Okay, I'll be back in about five minutes." Pinkie Pie bounced off.

"Well, Pinkie Pie certainly changed for this occasion," Cloudchaser remarked. Applejack nodded.

"Yeah. Pinkie really outdid herself. Probably ran herself ragged after Dash an' Starlight left." Applejack said. Cloudchaser was taken aback.

"Dash and Starlight Glimmer are dating?" Cloudchaser asked.

"Naw. Dash said Starlight offered her something at the market, but Rainbow had to leave an' told Starlight to meet 'er here at six. Besides, Rainbow likes that one Wonderbolt dude that bought a pie from me." Applejack explained. Cloudchaser nodded.

"So, like an outing with friends?" Cloudchaser asked.

"Yes. Jist an outing with friends. Oh look. Pinkie's back!" Applejack pointed to a bouncing Pinkie Pie carrying a silver tray with the two ordered milkshakes.

"Here you go! A Chocolate Crunch Cloud milkshake and a Caramel Toffee Candy Apple milkshake!" Pinkie gave the milkshakes to Cloudchaser and Applejack.

"Would you like anything else?" Pinkie had her notepad and pencil at the ready.

"Yes please. I would like two Cinna-Bun pastries, and one of every flavor Cookie Cream Clouds. Even the experimental ones." Cloudchaser said. Pinkie was once again writing furiously on her notepad.

"Ah would like a Apple Crumb Crisp Air cake. A tiny one. Extra chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Can ya add cinnamon too?" Applejack asked. Pinkie Pie stopped writing.

"Extra ingredients cost two more bits." Pinkie went back to writing.

"Okie Dokie- Erm," Pinkie blinked. "Your order is coming up!" Pinkie tucked her pencil, now pink, back behind her right ear. She bounced away.

"Ya can eat clouds?" Applejack asked. Cloudchaser nodded.

"Yes! In fact, anypony can eat clouds, but a pegasus needs to feed it to you if you don't posses pegasus magic." Cloudchaser answered.

"Uh, what does clouds taste like?" Applejack asked. Cloudchaser's face scrunched. AJ then noticed Cloudchaser wearing light pink lipstick.

"Well, you like vanilla frosting?" Cloudchaser asked. Applejack shook her head yes. "Well, add a hint of cinnanum-"

"Cinnanum? Whut's cinnanum?" Applejack asked. Cloudchaser put her face in her hooves.

"I shouldn't have tried to say cin-na-mo-n." the word 'cinnamon' was broken up, as if it was a chore for Cloudchaser to say it right.

"Well, be glad yer not me. Most o' mah vocabulary is blinded by mah ak-cent." Applejack struggled to say 'accent' in a way the Cloudchaser could understand.

"Well, I can't say Alk-a-hole- dang it! Alcohol correctly. And 'diamond'. It always comes out as Day-ee-munds. I really don't like how the word 'Rainbow' comes out." Cloudchaser said. Applejack's interest rose.

"How do ya say 'rainbow'?" Applejack asked.

"Ray-ni-baw. Rainbow Dash lets me call her Dashie only because I can't say Rainbow correctly. I have nothing wrong with me, it's just I have a problem with words that have the emphasis on a vowel or the letter 'm'. Doc says that was new, so he called it 'Cloudy 'M' Vowel Case'." Cloudchaser finished.

"Wanna know the longest thing Ah can say without mah ack-cent?" Applejack asked.

"Fire away, AJ!" Cloudchaser replied.

"Supercalifragalisticxpialadocious." Applejack said. Pinkie Pie came back with four trays. One, carrying the cloud cakes, another carrying the Apple Crumb Crisp Cake, another carrying Cloudchaser's Cinnanum Buns, and the last a magnificent cupcake display.

"Here you go! One tiny Apple Crumb Crisp Cake. Two Cinna-Buns, Seventy-two Cookie Cream Clouds, and one of every single cupcake! One the house!" Pinkie scribbled a note, dropped in to the table, and took the two empty milkshake glasses and left.

"Thank you Pinkie!" Cloudchaser called after her date's pink friend.

"Cloudchaser? Can ya gimme th' apple cloud cookie thing?" Applejack asked. Cloudchaser smiled, shoving the baked good into Applejack's face.

"There. Chew before it goes through your mouth." Cloudchaser laughed. Applejack rolled her eyes and tilted her head back, the pastry falling into her mouth.

"Fin. At weast yer coute." Applejack said.

"Thank you!" Cloudchaser smiled. Applejack swallowed.

"So... Whut did Pinkie Pie write?" Applejack asked. Cloudchaser picked up the note and read it.

Heya AppleChaser!
How's the daaaaaaaaaate? Did you two kiss while I was baking? If so, I have a super secret secret from Rarity!
Look out of the window on the booth behind you. At exactly 9:35, Rarity's going to walk in. Right now, she's spying! In fact, there she goes now!

The door jingled.

"Oh! Darlings, I didn't know you would still be here!" Rarity said as she trotted up to Applejack. Rarity's eyes widened as she was the made over Applejack.

"Applejack Dahhhhhling," Rarity stretched out 'darling', "you look positively smashing! Did Starlight do this?" Rarity ran a hoof over Applejack's mane.

"Uh, no Rares. Sunset did this." Applejack said, pushing away Rarity's hoof.

"Rarity." Cloudchaser's voice held a twinge of anger. "Why. Are. You. Here." Rarity smiled.

"Why, I just wanted some sweets! My sweet tooth is acting up. Hasn't that happened to you too, Cloudchaser? And at 9:39, no less?" Rarity smiled. Applejack muttered something under her breath.

"Rares, just get yer sweets an' leave." Applejack pointed to Sugarcube Corner's candy bar. Rarity smiled wider and picked one of the white bags and began filling it with candy.

"We all know Rarity wants news to gossip about at the spa." Cloudchaser said.

"Really? Whut kinda stuff has she said?" Applejack asked.

"Just two days ago, Flitter was at the spa, she heard Rarity gossip about you liking mares, Twilight and Sunset, Starlight and Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy liking Big Mac, who likes Marble Pie, who actually, since she moved here, likes Cheerilee, who likes Fluttershy. Oh, she also gossiped about Thunderlane and his new unicorn marefriend Layla Hearts, and Scootaloo having a crush on Rumble, Sweetie Belle liking Spike and Button Mash, and Apple Bloom who has a crush on Diamond Tiara.

"She also started filling us in on the Ponyville Schoolhouse's business. Twist was kissing Truffle Shuffle behind 'Lover's Bush', Pipsqueak was hanging with Snails. Rarity heard from her sister that Pip and Snails are planning on becoming mares. Like, going to Twilight Sparkle and Nurse-Doctor Joy Redheart to become mares. And Lily Longstockings is getting wings-" Cloudchaser was cut by Applejack.

"Hold-" Applejack paused as Rarity payed and left. "Hold it! So Lily is a pegasus?"

"No. You cut me off before I could finish. Anyway, Lily's going to Zecora to get a brew that she'll need to take once every year to stay a pegasus. Also, Silver Spoon is into girls. Although, Sweetie Belle said that Silver always thought Snails was cute. Scootaloo's learned how to use her pegasus magic to fly. With a surfboard." Cloudchaser said. "Rarity was also sharing gossip about her own sister, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom!"

"Whut."

"Yeah!" Cloudchaser's wings shot out. "She was saying that Sweetie Belle was going to go for Spike! But, not to gossip, I find it hard to believe that Rarity's still oblivious to Spike's crush on her. Anyway, she was talking about Apple Bloom-" Applejack cut off Cloudchaser.

"Listen. It's about 10:00. Should Ah take ya home?" Applejack asked. Cloudchaser giggled.

"Pinkie Pie? Can we have everything left to go?" Cloudchaser called. A muffled 'yes' was heard. Ten seconds later, Pinkie bounced up with ten to go containers.

"There you go! P.S, Rarity's so~ going to gossip about this~!" Pinkie said in a sing-song tone.

"Ah know." Applejack said glumly.


"Well," Applejack said, looking up at Cloudchaser's floating home. "Ya have this covered for now."

"Oh Applejack!" Cloudchaser giggled, the five pastries' containers carefully balanced on her back swaying. "I'll need you to take by containers. I need to fly." She carefully placed her five onto Applejack's five.

"Bye Cloudy. Can Ah call ya Cloudy?" Applejack asked.

"Yes." In a snobbish tone she began speaking. "You are deemed fit, Miss Applejack Apple, to call me Cloudy." Applejack laughed.

"Well Cloudy, G'night!" Applejack gave Cloudchaser a peck on the cheek, leaving a red lipstick stain.

"Bye Applejack....." Cloudchaser called as AJ began trotting away.

"Had fun, CC?" Flitter asked as she decended. Cloudchaser jumped.

"Flit! Don't scare me again!" Cloudchaser caught her breath.

"Come on. Get inside. It's cold." Flitter took off, Cloudchaser following.

Author's Note:

Took my lazy arse two days to finish. I honestly had nothing to do for a while, but I never finished this chapter. I stopped for a while after Applejack pushed Rarity's hoof away.

Heh. I'm starting to abandon Carajack and stay at AppleChaser forever.