• Published 18th Jan 2016
  • 338 Views, 9 Comments

The More Things Change - RegalCrescent45



Just an ordinary day, or so it seemed when Reznov Schuchex went to work. The day went by just fine, until two strangers landed in the back of his truck.

  • ...
3
 9
 338

Stranded

Military time: 22:25 China Town


Sigma sat perched on the edge of the roof, preparing for what he was about to do. In a few minutes there will be a deal held between a decoy and an Elite terrorist group known as the Black Bats. Using his special armour designed by a top secret government lab, he prepared a holographic decoy to organize the deal. Sigma wasn’t alone however, at another location his partner was setting up an offensive to take the Black Bats into custody for interrogations.



Sabrewulf wasn't wasting any time while Sigma was setting up the deal with their prey. the pair had several advantages that they were very prepared to exploit, one of which was their advanced combat suits. these were full body armour designed to augment the wearer greatly, however their armour types differed greatly. Sigma was of the first generation of armour, this type being more combat heavy than its sister counterpart, this armour was dubbed MK 1. The MK 2 suit was designed to give the user increased agility, but lacked the durability of the MK 1. This is the reason Sigma was closer to the action than Sabrewulf.



Reznov Shucheq was just getting into his truck after a looong day of working under the scorching sun, now was his “favorite” part of the day… paperwork. Filling in time sheets for his crew was very time consuming and tedious. The best thing is the knowledge that his workday was finally over and he could go home and rest for the next one. Unaware of what was about to take place very near by.



Sigma cast his projection into the alley way, and waited for the contacts to show themselves. He did not have to wait for long however, not even 4 minutes after his projection was set up they rounded the corner with a wheeled cart behind them. the projection Sigma set up was a middle aged man in a grey business suit with black sunglasses. In the dealer group there were similar men dressed in pure black suits, four in total. The cart was a small wooden pull along one that was about 4 feet wide and 6 feet long. one of the men dressed in suits walked forward and motioned for Sigma to do the same.

“Are these the items i requested?” Sigma asked in the projections voice.

“They are… do you have the payment we agreed upon?” the Black Bat asked, in a rather thick Chinese accent.

“I do.” Sigma responded. “But before i had it over i would like to see the quality of the purchase, i merely wish to see what i am buying.”

“Of course, sir.” The man answered, then motioned for one of the others to remove the cover on one of the crates.

Sigma/Projection walked over the the open crate, and peered inside. under a thin layer of wood shavings there were MP5’s and their attachments lined up along the crate. in that instant the four standing around the crate changed their attitudes, they knew it was a trap. Sigma had no idea how they found out but he was in danger now, he had to move before they found him or it wouldn’t end well for him.



Sabrewulf was still setting up the equipment for the raid on the alleyway, however as the deal was starting a helicopter flew overhead, going off in another direction. Sabre wasn’t too worried about it, because it was heading in the direction of the local hospital. Since it was most likely a transport chopper, Sabre wasn't concerned about getting seen just yet, that is until it turned and started heading directly at the spot where the deal was being held... They knew about the fakes, and there was nothing stopping them from just bombing the alleyway with Sigma in it still. after setting a marker to flag the equipment for pickup Sabre took a running leap off the roof and landed three buildings over. repeating this until the alley way was in sight, with the chopper not far behind. Landing on the roof that held Sigma, Sabre looked around and saw a figure jumping on roof at a time. Quickly catching up, it was indeed Sigma.

“So… what did you do this time rookie?” Sigma asked as Sabre landed next to him and fell in step beside him.

“It wasn't me, dickhead… i think.” Sabre retorted forcefully.

“Well lets get away from here fast, we can still get these punks.” he responded with a hint of malice in his voice.

They ran to the edge of the roof and took a flying leap, sabre adjusting to stay beside Sigma the whole time. They made it about 2 city blocks before a HE missile shrieked out of the night sky to impact behind them, forcing them to move faster than they were previously. after another block they were assaulted again from the sky, only they weren't as lucky this time. The missile struck while they were in mid jump, and the shock wave propelled them forward while peppering them with shrapnel mixed with concrete shards. their momentum caused them to fall in the next alley way and out of sight.
Reznov had just finished up his crew’s never ending time sheets, he headed back inside to put them in his desk for the next morning. he enters his office and looks at the clock at this point it is 11 PM, wow this day is starting to feel like it’ll never end. he walks over to his desk and shuts his PC down, and file the time sheets into the cabinet to the left of the desk. he then left his office locking it behind him, not because someone might break in… but because it was protocol to do so. As he was leaving the building, he locks the office door and turns to look at his truck. As he looks it over he recalls all it’s been through, it was a World War two relic, an old shortened version of the modern Barracks truck used to carry troops. he got it from his father who got it from his grandfather who drove it in the war. The paint was pretty much gone at this point in time so the rusted metal was showing everywhere, although it’s old… it was reliable, they don't make them like they use to now so he cherished the only gift his father had ever given him. The “bed” of the truck was roofed with a ribbed cage and a cloth canopy that protected it’s contents from the rain for the most part, and since Reznov was employed by the state to take care of its land then his equipment wouldn’t be effective if it got wet, But then he noticed something odd in the canopy. there was a large tear in the top portion like something fell from the roof of the nearby building. Shuffling to the rear of the truck he flicked his mag light on and looked inside, only to find two people hiding in the back of his truck… and one of them had rebar sticking out of their abdomen!

At this point the uninjured person noticed Reznov and whipped out a gun and pointed it at him, motioning for Reznov to drive. Reznov slowly complies and pulls away from the office… only to have a giant spotlight shine on his truck from a chopper overhead. At this point he knows something is up and shouts through the slots in the back of the cab to the two armoured people.

“Hey! What gives… are you two wanted criminals or something?!” he shouts over the noise of the helicopter.

At this the uninjured one grabs the bars and rips them out to allow him to point his gun into the cab, he then shouts, “ It’s none of your goddamn business now DRIVE!”

Reznov keeps weaving through streets narrowly avoiding crashing time and again, however as fate would have it… their luck ran out. There was a roadblock a little ways up from them and the only way they could turn was down a cul de sac… “great, just what i need, a criminal charge… now i need to start looking for a new job.” Reznov mutters under his breath. After making the turn they reach the dead end, and are cornered. By the time Reznov finds a way to escape there is a loud hissing noise and then a sudden burst of heat and he is thrown from the truck. He closes his eyes and braces for death, but it never comes instead he opens his eyes and he is still sitting in his truck but something is off about it. It feels like gravity is pulling him forward instead of downward, then he notices the leaves poking through the passenger side window.

“This is just fucking glorious, my truck is stuck in a damn tree… well i better get to the ground and assess the damage.” he exclaims under his breath again.

Upon opening his door he undoes his seatbelt and falls the rest of the way to the ground, it wasn't far enough to kill him but he did hit his head on a branch on the way down. he was conscious until the moment he hit the ground, and he heard the clopping of hooves on hard dirt, wait hooves? He passed out just after that thought ran through his head.



Sigma saw the missile coming and knew the driver couldn't move in time, he braced for the impact, and it did happen… only not the way it should have. He felt the heat for only a split second, at this his eyes snapped open only to find himself engulfed in a while light. Wildly he looked around and spots a card table about ten feet away with four people at it playing a card game, he recognised two of them from history books though he couldn't believe his eyes Jesus, or the visual representation of him, was playing a card game with none other than Adolf Hitler… upon seeing this he gasped, something he hadn't done in years due to his training.

then they noticed him and waved, Hitler spoke up in a thick German accent, “I don't get it either, i was suppose to be playing poker in hell with satan. But somehow i ended up here, can you believe the irony with that?” At this point Sigma had passed out and fell like a rock to the forest below, with Sabrewulf trailing right behind him.... still unconscious.

Author's Note:

End Notes - Ok… i'm going to apologize right now for that hitler part, iim sorry if it offended anyone but i saw something earlier that i couldn't get out of my head involving him. When i can't get it out of my head i end up writing about it, however if i get enough negative reviews or enough people tell me it is too offensive i will redact that part. I hope you all enjoyed the first installment.