• Published 18th Jan 2016
  • 338 Views, 9 Comments

The More Things Change - RegalCrescent45



Just an ordinary day, or so it seemed when Reznov Schuchex went to work. The day went by just fine, until two strangers landed in the back of his truck.

  • ...
3
 9
 338

Eclipsed

As me, Twi and Spike walk towards the town hall, i noticed a definite shift in the air. the feeling of malice was starting to saturate the area. i didn't say anything because i didn't want to scare anyone so soon.

We get to the town hall and we enter alone with a few last minute arrivals, i take a spot near the door and wait for the scene to play out. pulling my hat forward to cover more of my face to draw less attention, i lean my back against the door frame of the building planning on how to deal with this situation… nothing. guess ima just wing it then, more fun this way anyway.

At this point Nightmare Moon had flown off and Twi was running outside, i turn and quickly follow her back to the library. once we arrive i stand aside and let Twi do her thing, which is panick for the most part. once the other Element bearers arrive and they find they must go into the forest, we head out. the whole time i was so silent none of them noticed me in the corner, until i spoke causing fluttershy to scream and fall over.

“If we go into that forest Twi, you all do what i say when i say it. is that understood?” i say looking at the six mares in front of me.

“Why should we listen to you?! you don't have any authority here, you’re just a guard.” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, pointing a hoof in my face.

“Oh, i assure you i have the authority Miss Dash. you see… i am currently the highest ranking personal guard for Princess Celestia herself. i was chosen for this assignment because of my abilities in combat, not to mention my brutal fighting methods. needless to say i don't leave much of a body to bury Miss Dash. however if all goes well tonight there won't be a need for you all to see that side of me. although there is no chance of getting around Grey Hoof and his horde tonight, they are extremely restless for some reason.” i replied with an even tone of voice.

They all fell silent after that, and we walked to the edge of the forest. “Twi, when i say to put up a shield for you and the girls do it immediately do i make myself clear? because when i say to put it up, i mean make it strong as all hell, if you hold back i won't be able to fight and protect you all at the same time. seeing as i'm the only one in our group with full combat training i will be the only fighter in the group.”

“Ok, i will.” she responded looking mighty scared of what i was implying.

We start walking into the forest, and were walking for about twenty minutes when something glints off to the right, i tell the girls to wait a moment while i check something, when i move a branch to the side my heart stops beating, laying on the ground was a black metal case with a symbol on the lid. that wasn't the surprising part however, it was what the symbol actually was that made my mind start racing, it was Alucard’s crest engraved on the box lid. with a shaking hand i move forward to open the box, expecting to run into an ancient barrier of some kind to keep it sealed. i was again surprised when i could touch the box without any resistance. when i lifted the lid from the box, i swear i could have heard Alucard laughing from somewhere, because inside was the silver pistol, The 454 Cassul with an extra five Mags with it. i just stood there staring at it for what felt like an eternity, until i heard Twi calling me back so we could move on. i close the lid on the case and pick it up off the ground, turning back i head back to the path. when i emerge from the thickets they see the box.

“Where did you get that thing?” Dash was the first to open her mouth.

“It’s something personal Dash leave it be.” i respond without giving them a chance to badger me about it, i turn and start walking with the box tucked under my arm. after another ten or so minutes i stop walking again.

“Twi, shield spell NOW!” i command opening the lid on the case and pulling out the pistol and one of the Mags, thanking the stars i was taught how to use this specific model for when i got my own issued to me.

The girls see what i pull from the box and start asking me what it is, but i silence them with a hand gesture. “Not now girls, i promise i will explain later. Now we have company to deal with.” not even half a second after i finished speaking they stepped out onto the path. about 20 feet down the path, Grey Hoof’s horde appeared before the seven of us, without hesitating i load the first of the five mags into the receiver.

“GREY HOOF! SHOW YOURSELF COWARD!” i below into the night, the horde halted its movement for a moment. then they suddenly surged forward, taking aim i leveled the pistol at one of the leading undead. neither i nor the mares behind me were ready for the sound that issued from the weapon, it felt like the cataclysm had begun at that very moment. the recoil forced the barrel off my aim and the bullet flew of into the night sky, after i recovered from the unexpected force i tighten my grip and take aim once more. this time my aim was true and the undead leading the pack was nearly vaporized as the bullet tore through its body like it was made of paper.

This continued until i had placed my last Mag into the receiver, soon i spent the rest of my ammunition and there were two left. one was shrouded in darkness so i couldn't see them clearly, but the other was in the full moonlight… and the sight made my blood boil.

“GREY HOOF YOU BASTARD!” i yell as i holster my pistol. taking long strides i quickly close the distance between us before he can react. i thrust my left arm out and clamp my hand on his rotting neck, lifting him off the ground. i carry the undead bastard back toward the girls, who were still safe inside the barrier.

“Okay girls, here’s the one that made me angry. to be fair this is my first time meeting him, although i still hate him for what he’s done. his crime is as follows, he lead a mob to the murder of a filly over one thousand years ago… but that's not the worst part of this tale i'm afraid. for the reason the filly was murdered was because she obtained her cutie mark… HER CUTIE MARK!” i bellow at the undead pony in my steel grip.

“She was killed for finding her talent?!” Twilight was furious at this point, not that i blame her in the slightest.

“Thats right, and though Luna may have punished this mongrel… i need to let some anger out so i can face Moon without losing my composure.” i then proceed to slam my fist into his face repeatedly, crushing any bones that have not rotted away at this point. once his body went limp i grabbed him by a forehoof and hind leg and proceeded to rip him in half so i know he won't follow us. after that was done i turn around and see that final undead pony hadn't moved from the spot they were rooted to.

“UNDEAD MONGREL FRONT AND CENTER NOW!!” i bellowed not expecting it to comply, thinking it only followed His orders. to mine and everyone's astonishment it moved into the moonlight… and i can't believe it. the very one i was looking for is now standing before me eying me curiously.

“Your name wouldn't happen to be Mitta would it? mother of Ruby and only sane mind in Sunny town?” i ask almost knowing the answer already.

The voice that answered was hollow and raspy, understandable with the condition she is in.”how do you know all of this stranger? the only outsider that knows of Ruby and Sunny town is Princess Luna, and maybe Celestia.”

Ii know a lot of things about this world i shouldn't know, for example. i know how Ruby was killed, i will not tell anypony if you wish me to keep it a secret however. i don't go around blabbing other ponies secrets unless it will save lives.” i replied with a neutral expression.

“Well you are correct, i am Mitta, mother of Ruby and denizen of Sunny town.”

“Hmm, well get going. i'm not going to kill you, somepony is waiting back in town for you to spend some time with her, you have about 3 hours. enjoy it while it lasts.” i say waving her off before turning to the mares still standing behind me. i hear Mitta trudge off into the forest and Twilight drops the barrier in front of me.

“Dude why did you let that one go?” Dash asked pointing in the direction Mita walked off.

“I let that one go because she isn’t actually one of them, she was just lumped into the punishment because of her situation. i'm not telling because it’s personal to her and i respect her right to privacy dash, and you should too. now we should get moving, my job is done here. i was only here to stop those mongrel if they showed up and now that’s over. i'm walking in the far back because the rest is up to you.” i say falling in behind the six mares, before i left i retrieved as many of the empty mags as i could. though i only found three not including the one still in the pistol.

After a few minutes of walking i had an idea to try and summon one of my familiar, just to see if i still could. i was shocked when i didn't have access to any of them anymore. i thought about this for a while, and concluded when my body was destroyed i must have lost my connection to them. so i’ll have to start over from scratch and collect more, and my first target was already set. silently i step off the path behind Twi and the others, and summon my wings. taking off i start heading towards the old castle from the sky.

While remaining silent i fly quickly to the castle ruins, upon entering i noticed the elements off to the back of the entrance hall. suddenly i sense a presence and turn to face it, looking me dead in the eyes is Nightmare Moon.

“What are you doing here?” she demands not breaking eye contact.

“I merely wish to talk to you Moon.” i reply, then i take a step forward and bow on one knee.

“Why do you bow to me creature?” Moon asks a little puzzled.

“How else will i show my respect for you and your beautiful night Moon? Even if you’re corrupted by negative emotions you’re still the princess of the night.” by this time i had stood back up and was calmly standing still.

“Why should you show respect for my night… nopony else has in more than a thousand years!” now i could tell she was confused.

“Because Moon i am a creature of the night, i’m a vampire.” i say showing her my extended canines.

“Well that explains that, but you still haven't answered my question vampire.”

“I was getting to that Moon, i'm here to talk to you. However i do have something else i need to do first.”

Suddenly i lunged at her, and being a only a few feet away from each other she couldn't dodge me. placing the palm of my hand on her forehead i reach into her mind and sever a piece of her soul without damaging the rest of it. taking the piece of her soul into my own i back away a few steps and wait for her to recover.

“You cur, what have you done to me?!” she says glaring angrily at me from her position on the floor, unable to stand at the moment.

“I severed a piece of your soul Moon, you will be fine. i left the majority of it undamaged so it will recover in time, However i must tell you something. you WILL lose to the Elements of Harmony, that’s one reason i did this. to preserve you as you just were so i can call upon you when i need assistance in battle, the second reason i did this is because i don't see you as pure evil like others do. i can see good in you where others cannot and for that i am willing to help you survive this ordeal Moon.” by the time i finished speaking she had recovered enough to stand.

“I see, so you wish to assist me in survival. you also say i will fall to the elements once more. show me proof that i should trust you and your words.” she asks with suspicion written on her face.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and show her the part of the season one premiere where she is blasted with the elements and defeated. “This is how i know, because it has already happened.”

She looked at it with wide eyes. “This can't be real, can it?” she asks herself more than anyone. “Okay, let's say i believe you. how can you help me? once the elements are used on me i won't exist anymore, it’ll change this form back to Luna.”

“That's why i took a piece of your soul as it is right at this moment. i can bring this form into being when ever i so choose, the only difference is you won't be in full control. i will have final say as to what you do with your new body. you won't be able to cause eternal night after this but at least you will still exist after the elements are used to change Luna back. that's my offer Moon, do you accept?” i ask.

“If you can truly help me i accept that offer vampire, what is your name?” she asks

“You will know my name when the others get here, they should be arriving soon in fact.” i reply, avoiding her questioning looks. “I will wait for them outside. do what you must Moon and fear not the elements, fear what will happen if you betray me for selfish goals.”

With that i walk outside and wait for Twi and the others to arrive at the castle ruins. seeing Rainbow fly over to fix the bridge i slink into the shadows to watch.

“... Thank you, for the offer i mean.” and with that Dash ties the bridge and flies back to the others.

Once they get across the bridge i step out of the darkness and wave to them. “Hey girls, thought you weren't coming after all.”

“Where have you been?!” Twi demands

“I decided to fly her and wait for you, seeing as i wasn't needed for the rest of the journey.” i lean forward to whisper in Twi’s ear. “ i wasn't supposed to help you with the rest Twi, it might have changed the future, because i wasn't supposed to be in this world to begin with, the only reason i intervened with the zombie ponies is because that event never happened in the history i know of this place. so i stepped in to keep the timeline from becoming damaged.”

“Oh… okay then, let's get going girls.” Twi says turning to the rest of them. they all looked very confused as to Twilight's complete change in attitude.

As we walk into the castle, i let the scene play out in front of me. Twi focuses on the orbs and Moon appears to take them away, but at the last minute i jump into the vortex along with Twi.

When i can see again i look around and i know where we are, in the room where Moon is defeated. however i look at Moon and she is furious, furious at ME for some reason.

“YOU LIAR! YOU TOLD ME YOU WOULD HELP ME, BUT HERE YOU ARE SIDING WITH THESE PONIES!” she bellowed using her Royal Canterlot Voice.

“I never lied to you, i told you nothing but the truth Moon but these events have to happen or the world could end horribly!” i yell back.

“YOU LIE VAMPIRE, YOU HAVE BETRAYED MY TRUST SO YOU WILL FACE MY WRATH.” be continued to bellow.

With that she charges me and i brace myself for her to impact on me, what i hadn't noticed in time was her lowering her head to try and impale me on her almost one and a half foot horn. unable to avoid being impaled i could only hope it would miss vital organs, and took it head on.

“REZNOV!!!” i heard Twi scream from the other end of the room near where the elements were on the floor.

I slump down with my back against a pillar for support, and watch as the rest of the episode played out perfectly, the girls showed up, they got the elements and zapped Moon with them reverting her back to Luna. once Celly had made sure her sister was fine she noticed me leaning against a pillar. she rushed over to me drawing attention to me for the first time, making the others gasp in horror at the shape i was in.

“How did this happen Rez?!” Celly asks with her voice full of worry.

“Moon.” this was all i could get out before i started coughing up blood. acting on instinct i reached out my hand, and Cely seeing i was reaching for something looked where i was reaching. upon seeing i was reaching for her hoof she held it out to me, and without thinking i bit down into it to get some blood from her.

“What was THAT for Rez?!” she shrieked and pulled her hoof away.

“Sorry Celly, but i needed blood to survive. i hope you don't hate me for what i did just now, but my body wasn't regenerating enough to keep me alive and i had to speed it up with blood from another being.” by now i was standing up and looking around the room at the others, who were looking back with horror in their eyes.

“I don't hate you Rez, you did what you needed to and i wouldn't want you to die so soon after you got here.” Celly said looking at her hoof.

“However i wasn't thinking when i bit you… i have to ask. are you a virgin Celly?” this caused everyone in the room to gasp and look at me with confusion. “Allow me to explain, if she is then there will be changes. when someone of my blood bites another of the opposite sex that is a virgin they also turn into a vampire.”

“Rez, i am.” Celly says with a sacred look in her eyes.

“Don't worry Celly i can help you with this, i think we should all head back to Ponyville. these six need to be told about what i am and why i'm here.”

“You are right Rez, they do deserve to know. come my ponies, we are going back to the library to explain all of this.”

once we had arrived at the library, Celly had started telling Twi and the others about what i was and how i came to be in this world, with me filling in gaps when needed.

“So lemme get this straight partner, yer from another world?!” AJ asked still a little skeptical of all this.

“yup, from a world called earth.” i replied as i sipped my glass of water spike had brought me. i then had an idea, “Celly should i show them? i kinda already showed Twi a little earlier so she would believe me.”

“If you think it will help. then go ahead, but nothing that hasn't happened yet okay?” she answered quietly so only i could hear.

“I have to tell you all something, minus Twi because she already knows. you all are famous where i come from.” i say while i load up the season one premiere again and show it to them.

“So… everypony in your world knows about us?” asked the pink party mare with the biggest grin ever.

“Yup, and i know a lot about all of you already, but one thing i need right now is sleep. in the morning i’ll need to head back to canterlot to help Celly here deal with becoming a vampire, it’s quite painful if you aren't prepared for it.” after a few minutes everyone had shuffled out leaving only me with Twi and Spike. “So where do i sleep Twi?”

“Well i wasn't exactly expecting to have another sleeping here so there’s only one bed.” she says looking a little embarrassed.

“That's okay, as long as you don't mind sharing, and just to be clear Twi… this is just as friends so don't try anything funny now.” finishing my sentence with a huge grin, i just love messing with other people's heads.

“WHAT?!” she nearly fell over from shock, yup worked perfectly. i just start laughing uncontrollably, falling to the floor and rolling around.

“Aw come on Twi i was just messing with you.” i say once i can stand again.

Still looking a little flustered she calms down a bit. “Well okay, but don't do that to me.” making a pouty face. shortly we got into bed and slowly drifted off to sleep, unaware of the chaos that tomorrow will bring.

Author's Note:

End Note - I hope you all enjoyed that, i kinda was being lazy with my typing and i refuse to stop now. i'm only going to cap the first word of a paragraph and names plus the first word of dialogue. furthermore i can't upload regularly as i thought i could, so just check back once in awhile for an update. i don't plan on stopping this story any time soon so don't worry. bye for now :D