• Published 16th Jan 2016
  • 4,616 Views, 189 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls - SonicAKG



As a result of trying to stop a Super Genesis Wave through the usage of Chaos Control by Super Sonic near the world of where the Rainbooms unleashed their magic to stop the Dazzlings, leads to the two worlds coming together. It ends up with Sonic, S

  • ...
38
 189
 4,616

Valentines

Valentine’s day
It was Valentine ’s Day at Canterlot high and the school was in the spirit for it. The hallways were decorated with red heart stickers and red streamers on the lockers. Heart shaped pink posters were plastered against the walls as well, one reading 'Happy Valentine's Day'. Students were walking around wearing mainly red clothes such as pants, shirts, jackets, skirts, shoes. Well, most of the students. Sonic was walking in the hallway as he entered through the front door. He had a puzzled look on his face as he observed the hallways. Many students were handing out Valentines card to each other and smiling as they received them. Sonic then saw Manic, wearing red pants and having a pink shirt underneath instead of white. Manic’s backpack was full of red cards sticking out of it.

“Manic, why do you have all those cards in your bag? It’s not like you have a special someone you want to give a card to.” Sonic said.

“True, but that could change. Valentine’s Day is an opportunity for guys like me to gather courage and get some lucky girl to notice us.” Manic explained.

“So, you made all of those cards for some girl? That’s kind of going overboard.” Sonic remarked.

“Of course not. A guy like me doesn’t just restrict himself to one girl. I broaden my chances. So in here are cards made for multiple girls. Hopefully, one of them sees what’s on the market.” Manic said.

Sonic looked at him weirdly. The two of them were joined by the Rainbooms except for Pinkie Pie. They all were wearing a red version of their usual outfits. Rarity had even dyed her hair bright red.

“Oh, I just adore Valentine’s day! It’s so wonderful to dedicate a day to the loveliest emotion of all.” Rarity said happily as she clasped her hands together.

“Speaking of which. Ladies, I have something to give you.” Manic said. He put his bag down and pulled out 5 cards and handed each of them to the Rainbooms. They looked down at them as they took them in their hands.

“Oh Manic, that is so sweet. You took the time to make all of us cards.” Fluttershy said as she clutched the cards

“Yep, that’s just the kind of guy I am. Sweet.” Manic replied.

The Rainbooms opened up their cards. When they saw it, their faces showed disappointment as they frowned. All of the cards read the same thing, which was 'Roses are red, Violets are blue, and Manic is great, so go out with him'.

“This is lame. They all say the same thing. Plus, the poem doesn’t even rhyme.” Rainbow Dash told him as she crumpled up the card.

“Give me a break. If I’m going to make a lot for the girls in the school, I need to find a way to save time.” Manic responded.

He then dashed off to give the other cards, leaving a green streak. Sonic looked on unimpressed as he left.

“Hey, wait a minute, where’s Pinkie? I’d figure this would be her favorite holiday.” Sonic asked.

“Knowin’ her, she’s probably got some kind of giant plan carried out.” Apple Jack responded.

Just then, Pinkie came in through the front door. She was pulling a wagon which was filled with a pile of red and pink cards and some large object wrapped under a white sheet.

“Wow, Pinkie. Did you make a valentine for everyone in the entire school?” Sunset asked her.

"Of course, I did silly! Everyone in this school means so much to me and they should all know it!" Pinkie said. She then handed each of them their Valentine's cards quickly.

"I used frosting instead of ink, so they all smell like cake!" Pinkie said happily. Sonic sniffed his card to see if it was true. It smelled like strawberries.

"So, then what's under that sheet?" Sonic asked her.

"Oh, that's a special valentine for Shadow. I figured that he could use the special attention today!" Pinkie explained. "He's always so grumpy, so I figured that I had to put in extra work to make him smile today!"

She took off the white sheet and Sonic and the Rainbooms looked on. It was a large red heart shaped object. In the middle, it had a bunch of pictures of Shadow with Pinkie in various places such as the mall, class, the field, etc as she did various poses such as laughing, giving him bunny ears, drawing on his face as he slept, making his face smile with her fingers, etc. Sonic and the Rainbooms looked on with surprise.

“What do you think? It captures almost all of the great times we’ve had together.” Pinkie said happily.

“You know, some people might be flattered. But I think most people would find this cree-.” Sonic started to say before Rainbow Dash elbowed him. He then smiled awkwardly.

“It’s….interesting.” Sunset managed to say.

“So, where in the hay is Shadow anyway? “ AppleJack asked.

“I don’t know. I haven’t seen him so far. When I woke up this morning, he was already gone.” Sonic responded.

“Oh no! I hope he isn’t absent. Then I won’t be able to give him his gift.” Pinkie said. She then took off to look for him while handing out Valentines to other students she met on the way.

“We should probably keep an eye on her. Make sure she doesn’t go all crazy.” Rainbow Dash said. Then she and the rest of the Rainbooms took off after Pinkie.

“When did she even have the time to take all those pictures?” Sonic wondered.

Sonic then heard his phone buzz. He took it out from his pocket and saw that he had received a text message from Shadow. It read;

"Sonic, I send you this to inform you of my whereabouts today. I personally do not see the appeal behind this whole Valentine's nonsense and have no interest to celebrate it, especially with Pinkie Pie there. So I've decided to take a leave of absence today. If anyone ask, then tell them I'm sick for the day."


“You’re really ditching an entire day of school? Anyway, you're the ultimate lifeform, you can't get sick. No one will believe it” Sonic replied via text.

"Then just make something up." Shadow responded.

“Ok then. By the way, Pinkie does have a huge gift planned out for you. She’s looking for you right now.” Sonic texted to him.

“I knew it. Just remember our story blue one." Shadow texted back.

Sonic then put his phone in his pocket. He had a puzzled look on his face. He was then approached by Pinkie as she dashed back towards him.

“Sonic, have you seen Shadow anywhere yet?” She asked him.

“Nope haven’t seen him at all.” He replied. She then took off calling out his name. Sonic then texted Shadow.

“You owe me one.” Sonic's message read. He then began to walk through the school. As Sonic continued to walk past, he saw students being in the love mood. Couples were cuddling or holding hands and students were handing out even more cards to each other. Students exchanged hugs as well. Sonic walked past the hallways and came outside. He then sat down on the steps and pulled out his blue headphones. He placed them on his ears and started listening to his music as he put his hands behind his head. He closed his eyes to listen. Sonic listened for a while as he nodded his head to the music and he did not notice these two small winged creatures coming towards him. They had pink small bodies and white wings. They resembled babies in terms of facial features. Above their heads, they had golden heart shaped crowns. The two of them observed Sonic for a while until one of them took off his headphones.

“Hey, what gives? Where did my headphones go?” Sonic started to wonder. He looked around for his headphones until they were dropped in front of him. He looked up and saw the two creatures.

“Uh, who or what are you supposed to be?” Sonic asked them in confusion. The both of them giggled.

“I’m Eros.” One of them said on the right.

“And I’m Anteros.” The other responded on the left.

“Together we are Erotes.” They both told him.

“What’s an Erote?” Sonic asked as he scratched his head.

“We are winged spirits of love and romance. Our job is to ensure that love is spread everywhere.” Eros responded.

“What does that have to do with bothering me?” Sonic asked.

“Like we said, our job is to ensure that love is spread around everywhere. And on Valentine’s Day, the special day of love, you don’t look like you’ve having fun.” Anteros explained.

“What’s wrong with that? Love isn’t really my thing.” Sonic told them.

“What?!” They both said in disbelief, as if they couldn’t believe what they were hearing. They put their hands near their mouths

“Like I said. I’m not really a big fan of the whole “love’ stuff. It’s just something I’m not really into.” Sonic said.

“But everyone needs love. Love is the most important emotion of all.” They both said.

“Well, not to me. I don’t really have time for all this lovey dovey stuff. For me, I personally don’t see it as that important.” Sonic told them. “I live for adventure and I think love will just slow me down. I think it's kinda pointless, to be honest."

His answer did not seem to please the both of them. In fact from the looks on their faces, they seemed very upset by what they heard. Their faces scrunched up as a baby would before it would cry.

“So, you don’t think love is important. Is that it?” Eros said annoyed.

“If you feel like that, then why don’t we just take it from you ?” Anteros said.

“Hey, wow, wow, wow. Don't you think you guys are overreacting? ” Sonic quickly responded as he raised his arms.

“Too late. Since love doesn’t seem to appreciated by you, then you need to be taught a lesson!“They both said in union.

“What are you guys up to?" Sonic responded.

The two creatures just giggled.. They both summoned each a pink bow with pink arrows and took off into the inside of the school through the front entrance.

“That’s probably not good.” Sonic said.

He then dashed off after the two of them. Sonic reached the inside of the school and he saw the two of them floating above in the hallways. None of the other students noticed them. The two readied their arrows and they fired at Lyra and Bonbon, who had just exchanged cards and hugged each other. The two arrows each hit the two of them and they were turned to white stone. Sonic looked on in disbelief. From the statues pink energy emerged and the Erotes took it in through their mouths. Other students noticed what had happened and seemed surprised as they gasped. Everyone crowded around the two statues. The Erotes readied their arrows and began firing a volley of arrows. They hit multiple students and each hit turned them to stone. Sonic dashed below them.

“What are you doing?” Sonic exclaimed to them.

“It’s simple. We’re making everyone around you a statue By doing so, it'll leave you alone and make you have no one to ever experience love with. Then when you're all alone, you'll realize how much you need love.” They both responded.

They fired arrows at Trixie and her bandmates but Sonic dashed and he gathered them out of the way. They landed far away from the arrows on the other end of the hallway. She looked around confused.

“What? What’s going on? Why is everyone turning into statues?” Trixie asked. She then saw that Sonic was the one who dashed her. She glared at him.

“Of course. You probably have something to do with this. Can’t you go one day without screwing things up?” Trixie said.

“Trixie.” Sonic said as he noticed the Erotes approaching her from the behind.

“Urgghhh. How did you mess up this time?” Trixie continued, ignoring him.

“Trixie.” Sonic said again as they began closer and readied their arrows.

“I bet you probably-.” Trixie started to say before she was struck by an arrow and turned into a statue.

“I tried to warn her. Oh well, it’s not a big loss anyway.” Sonic remarked as he shrugged.

The two fired arrows at that appeared to be aimed at Sonic but he moved out of the way. As he moved, he nearly crushed Trixie’s statue on the floor as it wobbled but stood still and the arrows hit two other students. Sonic made a facepalm at his mistake.

Knuckles and Tails then arrived walking in the hallway in front of him.

"Hey Sonic-" Knuckles began before he noticed the statues around. "What now?" Knuckles added on annoyed as he raised a fist.

The Erotes notices the two of them and swiftly fired two arrows at them, rendering them immobile statues.

“Tails! Knuckles! Listen, you Navi rejects. You’re going to fix what you did right now or otherwise I’m going to have to start asking you in other ways!.” Sonic told them firmly.

“Threatening us? What a violent thug.” They both said. They disappeared in a puff of pink smoke.

“(I should probably go find Sunset. She probably knows how to deal with this.)” Sonic thought to himself.

He then dashed away to find her. He then dashed and found the Rainbooms in the gymnasium along with many other students. They were setting up extra Valentine decorations such as posters and pink balloons. Sonic dashed over to them.

“Sonic, what’s wrong?” Fluttershy asked him as she noticed his look of worry.

“We got a slight problem.” Sonic told them.

“Problem? On Valentine’s Day of all things! Uh! What a tragedy.” Rarity said very displeased and dramatically.

“What happened?” Sunset asked him.

“Ok, so apparently there are these things called Erotes or something. Have you heard of them?” Sonic asked her.

“Erotes..If I recall correctly back in Equestria, they were the spirits of love.” Sunset responded.

“Well, two of them are right here in the school. They're going around shooting people with arrows and turning them into statues.” Sonic explained.

“What? How could they have arrived here from Equestria? Of course, during Valentine’s Day, the emotion of love felt by the population must have strengthened them, letting them come here.” Sunset deduced.

“If their spirits of love or whatever, why would they go around doing that?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Well, the two of them came up while I was just minding my own business. I just told them that I don’t find love to be that important or interesting.” Sonic said.

“Sonic! What a horrible thing to say!” Rarity exclaimed as she pointed her finger at him. He raised his hands in defense.

“What? It’s just my opinion. Not my fault they took it the wrong way. Now they want to everyone here a statue so I'll be lonely and then learn to appreciate the power love.” Sonic explained.

“Ok, where was the last time you saw them? We have to contain them somehow.” Sunset said.

“They were in the hallway not too long ago. Then they just disappeared into puffs of smoke.” Sonic said. Just then a pink cloud appeared above their heads. A rain of arrows was fired and it hit many students in the gym, turning them all into statues.

“Wow, look at all the statues. These would fit so well in a museum.” Pinkie remarked.

More arrows were fired but Sonic used his speed to move the Rainbooms out of the Gym and into the bandroom.

“So, any idea of how to stop them?” Sonic asked Sunset.

“Honestly, I’m not too sure. I’ve never actually dealt with an Erote.” Sunset said.

“Well, surely if their spirits of love, then maybe we should just try talking to them.” Fluttershy suggested.

“I already tried that. Talking to them is literally like talking to a rock. You’d have better sense trying to talk sense into Rainbow Dash. Hehe” Sonic said. Rainbow Dash glared at him.

Later Manic was walking through the hallway. His bag was now empty and he was whistling.

“All right, I gave out all my cards. Now, I just need to sit back and let the magic happen.” Manic said. He looked around and saw all the statues as he walked through.

“Hey, what’s with all the people not moving? This is just great. How am I supposed to get a girlfriend if she’s a statue? Well, there are people who are into that kind of stuff but I’m not stooping that low.” Manic said to himself.

Just then a couple of arrows were fired from a pink cloud, but Manic managed to dodge all of them as he became a green dash.

“Hey, man. Not cool. I don’t need to be nearly killed on Valentine’s Day.” Manic said. He turned and faced the cloud.

“Oh, we’re not trying to kill you. Hey you look a lot like this blue guy.” The cloud responded.

“Blue guy? You mean Sonic? He's my brother.” Manic explained.

“A brother?! Perfect, the loss of his brother will surely make him appreciate the feeling of familial love.” The cloud said.

“Huh? “ Manic said. He scratched his head.

“ Well he thinks love is a waste of time, so in order to have him appreciate it, we're going to make everyone a statue and leave him isolated.” The cloud explained. Manic looked on very confused and he looked up and down.

"That's just stupid." Manic bluntly said.

It fired more arrows at Manic in response. but he dodged them all. The cloud pursued him through the hallway but Manic evaded it. The cloud then dispersed itself as a vapor that covered the entire hallway, and Manic ran from it. He came in front of the band room and he was trapped. The cloud vapor was closing in on him but before it could reach him, he was pulled in by Sonic and the door was closed quickly.

“Sonic? Why'd you have to piss them off.?” Manic said as he faced Sonic and took his arms off him.

“Look, now’s really not the time to play the blame game.” Sonic said.

“Sonic, I might have an idea. Can you and Manic zoom us to the science lab?” Sunset said.

“No problem.” Sonic replied. He and Manic dashed the Rainbooms right into the lab through the hallway. As they were in, Pinkie let out a gasp.

“Wait, I still haven’t found Shadow. He wasn’t turned into a statue, was he?” Pinkie exclaimed.

“Oh, no, he’s perfectly fine. He decided to ditch for the da-. Sorry Shadow.” Sonic said.

“Really? Then how is he supposed to get my valentine?!” Pinkie complained.

“Wait. Before anyone does anything, I think I might be able to find a way to neutralize them. Sonic, can you and Manic go out and get me one of their arrows?.” Sunset asked

“What if we get hit?” Manic asked.

“What do you mean, what if we get hit? We have super speed. Why do you think she’s asking us in the first place?” Sonic replied. The two of them dashed out in the hallway.

“All right, if I was an annoying whatever, where would I be?” Sonic said.

“We are not annoying!” The pink cloud responded from the behind. Sonic and Manic turned around to face it.

“Really? Going around and turning people into statues cuz of a stupid tantrum seems annoying to me.” Manic responded.

The cloud responded by expanding itself into a vapor again. Sonic and Manic dashed off with the mist following them.

"This complicates things." Sonic said.

Meanwhile, Shadow was on the rooftop of CHS. He was sitting in a blue lawn chair and he scrolled through his phone.

"I really don't see the fascination with these devices." Shadow said to himself. Shadow lifted himself from his chair and approached the end of the roof and began to stare out into space. As he did, he noticed a pink mist seeping out from the school as he looked down. Shadow sighed.

"Can't I go one day without finding weird stuff." Shadow groaned. He then teleported himself into a section of the school. Shadow noticed the statues around him and he became puzzled. Just then he saw Sonic and Manic dash by him very quickly. Shadow looked at what they were running from and he noticed the pink mist.

"Why are they running from this?" Shadow wondered. Sonic came back and he grabbed Shadow with them and he re-entered the band room alongside Manic. In there, Pinkie Pie noticed Shadow.

“Shadow‼‼‼!” She said excitedly. She then ran towards him but he just teleported out of her way.

“People are statues everywhere. I presume this is somehow Sonic’s fault.” Shadow said as he teleported next to Sonic.

“Not now, Shadow. Sunset, they stopped firing their arrows and now are just some kind of pink mist. That's pretty cunning of them.” Sonic explained.

"That complicates things." Sunset observed. She began to ponder on what to do next as she sat down

"Well, they are a gas in that vapor form right?! Since gasses can be trapped, why not try trapping them?" Rainbow Dash suggested. She received looks of surprise. "I pay attention in class sometimes."

Sonic then dashed around the science room and he collected three empty glass jars. He handed one to Manic and offered one to Shadow.

“This has nothing to do with me. So, not interested.” Shadow said as he turned away from Sonic.

“Would you rather stay in the room with her?” Manic said. He pointed to Pinkie who waved at Shadow very quickly and excitedly.

"Fair point." Shadow said. He then took the jar from Sonic. The three of them then exited the science room from the window and entered CHS through the back door. Inside, they approached the pink mist from the behind.

"Yo!" Sonic called out. The mist then recollected itself to form a cloud and came to him.

“Look this is getting out of hand. I’m sorry, alright? Can you guys just turn everyone back to normal?” Sonic requested as he stuck his hand out.

“Liar. You don’t even mean it.” The cloud responded. Sonic took his hand back and sighed.

"He said he was sorry. Just accept it." Shadow said with irritation.

The cloud responded by turning itself into a fog and approached the three of them.

"Oh, big mistake." Sonic said. He, Shadow and Manic ran around the fog using their super speed and made their own funnel, that was black, blue and green. As they ran around, they each sucked portions of the fog into their jars and closed the lid on them very tightly. The three of them entered the science room again and Sonic presented his jar. They heard voices coming from the jars as they set them down.

“Oh….uh…..well……we can explain…” They said.

“Shut up.” Sonic said.

“Yes sir.” They responded.

“What should we do with them? Despite what they did, I don’t think we should hurt them.” Fluttershy said.

“Oh, they look so squishy. Like cotton candy babies.” Pinkie said.

"I say we keep them trapped in here forever." Sonic said annoyed.

"Then how will we turn everyone back to normal?" Rarity pointed out.

Sunset approached the three jars and crouched them to them.

"Listen, I know you're spirits of love and that you didn't mean any harm, but what you did is not ok. I understand that you were upset, but there are other ways of dealing with negative emotions. Could you please help us turn our friends back to normal?" Sunset asked them kindly. The jars were silent for a while.

"Wow, you were so nice to us despite what we did. What a lovely person you are! Since you asked us so nicely, we promise!" They squealed.

"Sonic, open the lids." Sunset asked as she rose up and turned to him

"Seriously?! No way, I'm pretty sure they have something up their sleeve." Sonic responded he folded his arms in a stubborn manner.

"Let them out, please?" Sunset requested.

Sonic groaned. He knew what he had to do. He quickly opened the lids, releasing the mist from the jars. As he did, the mists combined to form the Erotes physical form again.

"Thanks! And for being so nice, here you go." The Erotes said as the two of them constructed a red/pink arrow with the colors on their halves. They then handed it Sonic.
"Here you go, speedy. Since you're so fast, you can fix our mess quickly." They replied.

"My name's not speedy." Sonic replied as the took the arrow from them. He then dashed around the school as a blue blur and touched students with the tip of the arrow, reverting them back to normal in no time. The students looked around confused about what just happened. He approached Knuckles and Tails and freed them. Knuckles held his head while Tails looked around.

"Sonic?! What just happened? Why was I statue?!" Tails asked.

"I'll explain later." Sonic said.

The Rainbooms then came up to him, having walked around to make sure everyone was normal again.

“So, Sonic you turned everyone back to normal right?” Rarity asked.

“Yep, everyone accounted for.” Sonic said. He then leaned on Trixie, who was still a statue. He then let out a sigh.


“She's is so going to yell at me for this.” Sonic muttered.

“Who knows? Maybe she might be grateful.” AppleJack suggested.

Sonic then tapped Trixie’s statue with the arrow. She then turned back to normal. She looked around, confused.

"What the? Why was Trixie a statue?" She wondered outloud. She then saw Sonic's smiling face in front of her and frowned.

"Of course it was you. It's always you." Trixie berated, which turned Sonic's smile upside down.

"You're welcome by the way." Sonic sarcastically answered.

“Oh, that just reminds me.” Manic said. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a Valentines card. He then handed it to Trixie as he walked up to her.

“Here you go Trixie. I find that once you read, you’ll come to see what kind of guy I am.” Manic said with a wink. Trixie took the card and then she ripped it in front of him. She then walked away.

"Wow." Knuckles just commented.

“Ok. That just hurts.” Manic replied. “Well, this blows. Looks like no girl liked my valentines.” He complained. He looked dejected.

“Manic.” A voice said. He rose up and turned around and saw the Crusaders holding his valentines. They were smiling.

“We found these on the ground in the hallway. We read them and we think you’re a really sweet guy.” Sweetie Belle said. "These are amazing!" They started to approach him and Manic's eyes widened and he gave a nervous look. His eyes darted from side to side. This was not really the attention he was looking for. He started to back away slowly.

“Oh uh...I just remembered I have to uh....bye.” He replied. He then dashed off and the Crusaders went after him.

Shadow was about to leave as he headed for the front exit when Pinkie came in front of him quickly. Shadow groaned.

“Shadow, I have the best Valentine to give you.” She said happily. "Look at this!.

Pinkie dashed off quickly and she came back with her wagon, holding the large valentine with all the pictures. Shadow stared at it for a while. He really didn't know what to say. He just observed it.

“Well, its uh……………..” Shadow started.

"You like it so much that you can't even describe it?! I knew you'd love it! Yaaah!" Pinkie cheered happily. She then began to hug Shadow tightly. He groaned from the tightness. Sonic looked on and he chuckled. Just then the Erotes appeared behind him in puffs of smoke and he noticed. Sonic sighed and turned to them.

"All right, guys, are we cool now?" Sonic asked them.

"Well, I guess so. As long as you've learned your lesson." They replied in union as they flew around him playfully.

"Yes, I have completely. Love is necessary and the most important emotion of all." Sonic replied. "(I hope they buy this.)"

"Yes!! That is the lesson. We're so glad we could have helped you learn. Until next time, speedy." They said as they vanished in pink smoke after they hugged each other in 'success' at their mission.

"Told you, my name's not speedy. It's Sonic." Sonic said as they left. "Honestly, this love stuff isn't for me." Sonic said as he observed Pinkie hugging Shadow and he mouthed help me to Sonic, causing him to smirk.

THE END.