• Published 8th Jun 2012
  • 3,403 Views, 41 Comments

An Airliner in Equestria - TopGunBrony



When a pasenger jet winds up in Equestria, the ponies make meet a new species, and make new friends

  • ...
9
 41
 3,403

Introductions

“Well, howdy, y'all! Mah name's Braeburn! Ah'm curious, what exactly are y'all?” Braeburn, a stallion with a yellow coat and orange mane and tail, wearing a brown hat and vest, asked.

“Well...uh, we're humans, and it's, well, it's nice to meet you, Braeburn.” Sandra replied.

<Wow, I'm talking to a talking pony! I must be dreaming!> Sandra thought.

Just then, a train passed by on the nearby tracks, stopping at the station in town.

As the train passed, a cyan pony flew out towards the crowd. Robert saw her and recognized her rainbow mane and tail instantly.

“Hey, I remember you, I saw you earlier as we were still in the air!” Robert said as the Pegasus landed near him.

“Yep, You should have seen the look on your face after I posed for that photo, it was hilarious!” she said.

<I like this one, she's got spunk!> Robert thought. “My name's Robert, what's yours?” Robert asked. “Mine's Rainbow Dash, the fastest flier in Equestria!” Rainbow replied proudly. “Equestria? Is that where we are right now?” Kate asked, having overheard them. “Yep, specifically, yer right next to Appaloosa, just an hour's train ride from Ponyville!” Braeburn replied.

Meanwhile, John and Rick were talking with the sheriff of the town, who introduced himself as Silver Star.

“How exactly does this thing fly, anyway?” he asked, pointing a hoof at the 747.

“Well, these things under the wings propel the aircraft, producing the speed needed to get it off the ground and keep it airborne. The big thing is that it needs a lot of room to build up the necessary speed for takeoff, which is what runways are for.” John replied.

“What's a runway?” Silver Star asked.

“It's a long strip of pavement, usually about a mile long, used specifically for aircraft to take off or land on.” Rick replied.

Just then, five more ponies came over from the town and joined the crowd, accompanied by a short purple creature that appeared to be a small dragon.

One of them was a lavender unicorn with a purple mane and tail that had a pink and indigo streak down the length of both. Another was an orange earth pony with blonde hair. Another was a yellow Pegasus with a pink mane and tail. The forth was a pink earth pony with a darker pink mane and tail that seemed to be bouncing along with the others. The fifth was a white unicorn with a stylish dark purple mane and tail.

“Excuse me, but who's the one in charge here?” the lavender unicorn asked.

John then walked over upon hearing this. “I am, I'm Captain John Mitchell, what's your name?” John asked in a friendly voice.

“My name's Twilight Sparkle, it's nice to meet you, Captain.” Twilight replied. Braeburn then walked over to the orange earth pony.

“Oh, Ah forgot to mention, this here's mah cousin, Applejack.” he said.

“A pleasure to meet y'all!” Applejack said. “My name's Rarity, I must admit, your uniform is quite stylish, it definitely suits someone of your status.” the white unicorn said.

John found himself blushing slightly upon hearing this.

“Well, I'm not really that big, I just fly this plane and am responsible for its safety and that of everyone on board.” John replied.

“My name's Pinkie Pie, I've never seen you before! You all don't look like ponies! Are you ponies in disguise? What are you guys? What are your names? Oh my gosh! I just realized you're all new in the area which means I get to throw you all a 'Welcome to Ponyville' party later! I love parties! Did I tell you guys that? I don't think I did. Well I absolutely LOVE parties!" Pinkie said, rather fast.

<Good God, she must be on the ultimate sugar rush!> Robert thought.

“Actually, all the sugar I eat isn't the only reason I'm so active! It's mostly the energy I have from throwing parties!” Pinkie said.

“WHAT THE...? Did you just read my mind?!” Robert asked, shocked that Pinkie seemed to have read his last thought.
<Great, she's just like Psycho Mantis, without the creepy voice or the messed up personality!> Robert thought.

“Who's 'Psycho Mantis?” Pinkie asked, seemingly out of nowhere.

This caused Robert to face-palm himself.

<Never mind...> Robert thought as he walked over to Rainbow Dash, who was staring at the jet.

“My...name is...Fluttershy.” the yellow Pegasus said in a rather quiet voice.

“She's...kinda shy.” Twilight explained.

“...And my name's Spike.” the small dragon added.

“Well, do any of you know how we got here? That last thing I saw was that we were over the North Atlantic Ocean at thirty-six thousand feet flying over a storm, and then we saw this weird purple glow, and next thing we knew, we were over a large forest at five thousand feet and we ended up landing here to find help.” Rick said.

“I...I believe I know.” Twilight said. “Really, what happened?” John asked.

“Well, I was experimenting with portal spells, and when I created one successfully, it must have opened an inter-dimensional gateway that brought your...plane and everyone in it here.” Twilight explained.

No one wanted to believe it at first, but after everything else they saw, they ended up accepting that explanation as fact.

“Wow, I might have to make it a 'Welcome to EQUESTRIA' party!” Pinkie exclaimed.

The other five ponies rolled their eyes. Silver Star then walked over and told Twilight everything that John had told him. “Spike, take a letter.” Twilight told him.

Spike began writing what Twilight told him and breathed a burst of green flames onto the finished scroll, which disappeared.

“What was the point of that?” One passenger, Jacob Anderson, asked.

“It's how we send my letters to Princess Celestia, and it's also how she sends her letters to me as well.” Twilight explained.
A few minutes later, Spike tensed up and belched out a burst of green flames, a scroll appearing out of them.

Spike gave it to Twilight, who opened it and read it.

“What does it say?” John asked.

“Princess Celestia is now aware of your situation and has decided to make a runway, as Sheriff Silver Star described it, near the castle at Canterlot so that you can fly over and then she can meet you.” Twilight replied.

"How long will that take?” Robert asked, having just explained how the 747 worked to Rainbow Dash, who was next to him. “It should be ready in three days.” Twilight replied.

Meanwhile, Fluttershy began interacting with the younger passengers, their parents watching in amazement at how kind she was and how good she was with kids.

“Well, unfortunately, there isn't enough accommodations here in Appaloosa, but there's a hotel in Ponyville that can fit you all.” Twilight said.

“Come on, y'all, the next train to Ponyville leaves in twenty minutes!” Applejack said as she and the other six, including Spike, led the 747 passengers and crew into town, and to the train station.

It took several trains and a total of three hours to get everyone to Ponyville.

Upon each train's arrival, the passengers were taken to the Ponyville Suites hotel, just outside of town.

The larger suites were given to the families among the group, while couples and singles were given some of the smaller rooms.

When everyone got settled, over two-thirds of the hotel's rooms were taken up by the new visitors.