• Published 8th Jun 2012
  • 3,403 Views, 41 Comments

An Airliner in Equestria - TopGunBrony



When a pasenger jet winds up in Equestria, the ponies make meet a new species, and make new friends

  • ...
9
 41
 3,403

A New Spell

March 18, 2013
5:45 AM EDT
John F. Kennedy International Airport
New York City

United Airlines flight 7893, a Boeing 747-400 bound for Rome, Italy, was taxiing towards runway 13L, guided in the early morning dark by the runway lights. The 404 passengers on board were headed out for a vacation abroad.

After getting takeoff clearance, the jumbo jet's quadruple General Electric CF6-80C2B5F engines revved up to full power, creating a deafening roar as the 747 began rolling down the runway.

One of the passengers, a twenty-four year-old man named Robert stared out the window as the jet picked up speed. He had always wanted to go to Italy and see the Roman Colosseum.

He felt his stomach sink slightly as the aircraft got airborne. He continued to watch as the bright lights of the city grew smaller, until they were replaced by the darkness of the light-less ocean, lit only by the frequent flashes of the plane's wingtip strobe lights.

Once he could no longer see anything, he sat back and fell asleep.

That same day
7:45AM, local time
Ponyville, Equestria

Twilight Sparkle had just woken up in her library home less than an hour after dawn. That previous night, she had been studying a spell that could be used to travel around using portals to go between places quickly.

She sat up and stretched with a yawn before getting out of bed and waking up her assistant, Spike.

“Mmmm, just a few more minutes...” Spike said sleepily.

“Come on, Spike, today's the day that I'm going to test the portal spell!” Twilight said.

“Really? OK, I'll be down in a few minutes.” Spike replied as he stretched his scaly arms and let out a long yawn.

Satisfied with this, Twilight went downstairs and began making breakfast. After she was done, she and Spike talked about Twilight's planned test.

“So...how are you gonna do this?” Spike asked.

“Well, Rainbow Dash said she wanted to try flying through a portal, so I was thinking of doing one up near her house.” Twilight replied.

“Wow, I'll be she'll enjoy that!” Spike replied. “Yeah, and after that, I'll test one on the ground and see how it works from there.” Twilight replied.

They finished eating and Twilight got outside and headed towards Rainbow's cloud house, ready to test the spell.

She looked up at a spot about fifty yards from the cloud home and, after reading her notes one more time, began.

Her horn began glowing with a purple aura as she focused on the spot, the glow getting increasingly brighter.

Suddenly, a bright purple beam shot out from Twilight's horn and into the sky.

The beam went up and formed a large circle of light at about five thousand feet above the ground.

“Whoa!” Spike said as he looked up in awe at the portal that Twilight had just made.

<My thoughts exactly!> Twilight thought.

What they didn't know was that things were about to get even more interesting.