• Published 1st Jan 2016
  • 1,189 Views, 29 Comments

Lost - AJapple



She's broken, her memories shattered. Her name, Rainbowdash, she forgot. She's Bolt now, and she doesn't remember who she is, or where she came from. All she knows is that she has to get away from him. She doesn't now how much she really matters

  • ...
9
 29
 1,189

Taken back

The wind whipped around, causing her hair to whack her in the face repeatedly. This did nothing to improve her foul mood as she soared high above the cloud line. He didn’t need to tell her how to live her life. It was her choice anyways! Mistake had no say in what she decided to do. Then again, he did make a valid point. She didn’t feel quite right, like there was something missing inside her.

Her memories.

The pegasus kept flying, pumping her wings faster and faster. Who cared! They were nothing but blurred faces inside raindrops. Nothing to her, at least not anymore. But if that was true, why did she feel her wings pull her in one direction. The pull had lead her further and further away from that sleepy little town and somewhere a little southwest. It was a little scary, the feeling of belonging leading her somewhere, and she could sense that it would connect her to her past. She wanted to turn around, to fly as far away as she could, to the horizon but found herself staring ahead still following that quiet hum of importance.

She closed her eyes and scenery flashed across her eyelids. A puffy cloud house with streams of rainbows hung around it, a comfy little bakery that carried the smells of sweet things, a great castle looming over the roofs of a town, where ponies scampered around and laughed. A farm with thousands of trees sporting juicy apples and there in front of a large red barn were a cluster of ponies. Pink, yellow, white, purple all mixing together but she stood out. A splash of orange against red backdrop. Face speckled with light freckles and golden hair hung around her shoulders. Green eyes stared at her with warmth and love, inviting her to join them.

Bolt opened her eyes and all of it disappeared, the sky empty and darkening. She had been flying for so long, her muscles screamed at her to stop, to rest, but she didn’t want to. Something drove her forward, an overwhelming desire to return to the place she had lost, to fix her mistake. To tell them she was sorry for leaving and that she would never desert them again. For she hadn’t been loyal and that was something she couldn’t do for much longer. It was this moment when she felt the name bubble to the surface of her brain, Rainbow Dash.

You want to play like that? You think you can escape without my knowledge? Let’s see how well you do when I’m through with you!

It wasn’t a shout, it had been barely above a whisper but it startled her. The voice was smooth and arrogant, but it was powerful. She let out a raspy scream as static buzzed through her brain. Her wings slowed, keeping her aloft, but her head felt like splitting. He had found her! He was back, and he was going to make sure that she forgot everything. Fear gripped her as she felt her wings falter.

“Please.” she muttered. “Don’t do this.” The wicked laughter merged with the static and it only got louder. The pegasus could feel him sapping her strength and soon she’d plummet to her death. Groaning she lowered herself in the sky, but with the headache it was hard to make sense of anything she was doing.

Blackness swallowed her thoughts and she felt her body go limp right before her eyes rolled up in her head and her body fell downward.

Author's Note:

Bad ending again, I excel at terrible endings.
Sombra is a telepathic stalker now apparently.
Also in case you guys haven't noticed I think this fic qualifies as AppleDash shipping now.
I regret nothing.