• Published 1st Jan 2016
  • 1,189 Views, 29 Comments

Lost - AJapple



She's broken, her memories shattered. Her name, Rainbowdash, she forgot. She's Bolt now, and she doesn't remember who she is, or where she came from. All she knows is that she has to get away from him. She doesn't now how much she really matters

  • ...
9
 29
 1,189

Fair

Life isn’t fair, never has been, never will be. This is a lesson that Applejack had to learn early on. Since the day the darkness painted the orchard red with blood and the farmhouse black with grief. Life could be taken away just as fast as it’s given.

Applejack knew the sharp pain of saying goodbye. It never really went away, once it’s there. Digging at the back of the mind, desperate for attention. Applejack shut that part out, she had long ago refused to fall victim to the blackness, the pit of despair that too many fall into. The farm pony had become stronger, iron filling her bones and the echos of warm memories drove her every day. She couldn’t give up, for that would dishonor them and what they stood for. Be strong, be honest, be kind, be loyal. Be everything they wanted. So she was.

Except she didn’t know if she could be. Not after what had happened. She shuddered, images of that hell hole flashing across her mind. She hadn’t know Sombra was that powerful. How the hay did he get that powerful? She didn’t understand. Sombra had died hadn’t he? When the crystal heart was returned right? Unless whoever had kept them prisoner had lied. But she would’ve sensed it. Applejack was awfully good at picking out lies.
“You’re a terrible liar, how come you can sniff them out like some sort of dog? Is it that whole element of honesty thing? How come I can’t tell if someone’s not being loyal?” Rainbowdash asked her lips pulled into a pout. Applejack chuckled.

“Dunno, maybe ya just haven’t met anyone who ain’t loyal.”

The conversation played out in the farm pony’s head, the last one she’d had with Rainbowdash since they found that cave. It had lead to those dares. If they hadn’t argued over who was the most daring pony than none of that pain would have happened. Applejack gulped. And Rainbowdash would’ve gone missing.

The farm pony rolled over, the clock’s hands reading sometime after one. She groaned. Rainbowdash was all she could think about. That and the nightmare of the cave. Closing her eyes she smiled remembering Rainbow’s soft lips on hers. Applejack missed her, though she didn’t quite understand what was going on between them. She sighed, her searches weren’t doing a lick of good and she could tell that she’d have to go farther if she wanted to find the pegasus.

“Come back Rainbow.” she pleaded to the open air. “Please.”