• Published 1st Jan 2016
  • 1,189 Views, 29 Comments

Lost - AJapple



She's broken, her memories shattered. Her name, Rainbowdash, she forgot. She's Bolt now, and she doesn't remember who she is, or where she came from. All she knows is that she has to get away from him. She doesn't now how much she really matters

  • ...
9
 29
 1,189

Mystery

The name had rested on her tongue so many times that week that she found herself whispering it as she leaned against the windowsill. The scenery rushed past her, blurry greens and browns. The mare tried to push down the mounting fear that was threatening to overcome her. She had never been so far from home before. She hated to have left the chores to her siblings, one who was barely starting to learn how to buck the apple trees correctly. Most of the chores would weigh on her brother’s broad shoulders and this left Applejack with a sense of guilt.

However the life of her friend may hang in the balance. Applejack remembered the nights spent in the company of Sombra. He had showed her such terrible things, her farm crumbling, her family’s death. A replay of the night her parents died. It was all she could do to keep from going insane.

She didn’t know what Rainbowdash had gone through, they were separated into their own nightmares, but whatever it was...it must have been terrible.

Applejack felt the train begin to slow down meaning she was almost to the Cloudsdale ground port. There she could board a hot air balloon and search for Rainbowdash. She gathered her bags and got ready to face the challenges ahead of her.


The name was alien to her, but it seemed to feel familiar. The nurse watched her with wide eyes and the pegasus frowned.

“Are you sure that’s my name?” she asked. The mare sighed,

“Well I don’t know of any other rainbow maned pegasus.” The pegasus bit her lip, the name was fitting, and she couldn’t help but want to take it and wear it as her own again.

“Then that’s what you can call me.” she said. The nurse smiled.

“Alright...Rainbow Dash. I have to check in with the doctor, he’ll be back shortly.” Rainbow Dash only nodded and watched her leave with curious eyes. She wanted to know more about who she was and try to use the information to jog her memory.

The door opened slowly and a handsome grey stallion entered. His dark mane was pulled back in a oily bun and a few loose strands hung down the sides of his face. His eyes were a ice cold blue and a scar traced it’s way down the length of his chest. Rainbow Dash tensed and eyed him warily.

“Who are you?” she asked. The stallion chuckled and crossed the distance between the door and her bedside in a few strides.

“I am nobody important..at least not to you.” He smiled. “To lots of other ponies I am quite the big deal.” Rainbow Dash crossed her front legs.

“That doesn’t answer my question.” she grumbled. The stallion only chuckled again.

“My name is not important, but you may call me Sam.” Rainbow Dash frowned.

“What are you doing here?” she asked nervously. The stallion settled himself down in a chair.

“I’m surprised you do not remember me.” he said tilting his head. “Curious.”

“What’s curious is why you’re even here.” Rainbow Dash spat. The stallion smiled.

“I was an old friend of yours.” he commented coldly. “But you ran away from me.” Rainbow Dash raised an eyebrow.

“I must have had a good reason.” she said her gaze distrusting. The stallion smiled wider.

“I’m sure you did...but I cannot imagine why.” he said his eyes glinting maliciously. Rainbow Dash struggled against the tubes and wires hooked to her body but every move she made sent sharp pains up and down her wings and legs. The stallion stood and held her shoulder down with one hoof.

“Please, don’t hurt yourself. I only want to talk.” Rainbow Dash gritted her teeth.

“I’m not sure that’s true. I don’t like the way you talk.” The stallion frowned.

“I’m sorry.” he said. “I didn’t mean to upset you.” Rainbow Dash didn’t trust the stallion in the least, but she relaxed and nodded.

“It’s just...I woke up to this weird place and then you come in acting like you own me. Excuse me for being a little distrustful.” The stallion laughed and backed away from her bedside. Rainbow Dash exhaled as the pressure of his hoof was relieved.

“I understand child. I do understand, but for the sake of our next meeting, I hope you have enough sense to trust in me.” Rainbow Dash sat up.

“You’re leaving? You just waltz in here and then out again? Who are you?” The stallion shook his head.

“I have already explained that. I need to leave before I am discovered. Expect me to return soon.” With that said his swished his tail importantly and hurried through the door. Rainbow Dash watched the swinging motion of the door and laid back. The stallion’s odd behavior had spurred many new questions about who exactly she was, even if she had only been awake for an hour. She knew that her recovery would take a while, and that her memories would only come in due time, but it still put her on edge. Who was that mysterious stallion, and what did he want with her? More importantly, who was she?