• Published 1st Jan 2016
  • 1,189 Views, 29 Comments

Lost - AJapple



She's broken, her memories shattered. Her name, Rainbowdash, she forgot. She's Bolt now, and she doesn't remember who she is, or where she came from. All she knows is that she has to get away from him. She doesn't now how much she really matters

  • ...
9
 29
 1,189

Revelations

It hadn’t been that long, had it? The mare blinked at the brightness of the outside world. The hospital had been bright as well, but not as blinding. She stretched her wings, a smile resting on her lips as she realized that she was finally free. Taking a few steps, she launched herself into the air, wings beating and heart racing.

The sky, with reds and pinks of sunrise melting into faded blue, beckoned to her and she darted between clouds and left a rainbow trail weaving through the open atmosphere. Her mind was blissfully blank and she clung to the emptiness as long as she could for she didn’t want to see the images she’d seen in her dreams. Shaking her head, the pegasus bit her lip and forced the thoughts of dreams to the back of her mind. She wanted to enjoy this, without the interruption of blurry faces and haunting screams.

Icy wind rushed past her causing her rose eyes to water. She blinked back the tears which she knew were not only because of the rushing air. The stallion that had visited her in the hospital had come again earlier that morning, promising punishment if she did not do what he asked. The pegasus closed her eyes and pictured his face as he looked at her. Cold and unforgiving. He had told her she wasn’t called Rainbow Dash, that the name had once belonged to another pony, who’d died many years ago. She would’ve believed him, except she had asked the nurse about such a pony and had gotten a strange look.

“But...you’re Rainbow Dash, there has never been anypony else with that name.”

The mare was certain that the name she wore now, was in fact hers, and that whoever the stallion was, he had wanted her to think otherwise. His proposal was sick and twisted, there was no way she would do anything like that. Besides, that pony he’d shown her...she seemed familiar. At least it looked like someone she knew. The doctors had promised her memory would return, and maybe...finding that pony was key to unlocking her mind.

***

The sister of Rainbow Dash had been gone a long time and Applejack was getting impatient. Her hooves itched for some sort of motion, they weren’t used to just standing around. The farm mare sighed, adjusting her hat for the millionth time, while searching the sky for the arrival of a young pegasus. Certainly if Rainbow was in Cloudsdale, Fogbow would be able to find her. Although Applejack had never been to the city, it didn’t look like it was that big but looks could be deceiving.

“Applejack!” a childish voice called from somewhere behind her. Spinning around, Applejack spotted Fogbow almost immediately. The young pegasus looked as if she’d been crying. Applejack felt her older sister instincts kick in and she wrapped her friend’s half sister in her embrace.

“Didn’t find her?” she asked calmly, though she really wanted to buck the nearest tree to the moon out of frustration. The pegasus pulled away from the older mare and sniffled.

“No luck, but I did hear that somebody saw her flying toward Ponyville a while back.” Applejack sat back, her mind racing. Would that mean that Rainbow Dash was already home, and she had traveled all the way up here for nothing? Yeah, probably.

“Well then, I’d best be going.” she said taking a few steps away from Fogbow.

“I’m coming too!” Fogbow cried running to Applejack’s side. “She’s my step sister! I want to see her too!” Applejack paused, she only had enough money for one train ticket and a few snacks, but if the little one came with…

“Do you have any money?” she asked. Fogbow nodded.

“Yeah, I do.”

“With you?” Applejack’s eyebrow rose with the question. Fogbow smiled sheepishly.

“Well no, but if you wait a little bit longer I can go get some.” Rolling her eyes and letting out another tired sigh the farm mare nodded.

“Get up there and grab it then.” she gestured to the sky.

“I will.” Fogbow raced back toward the station which only confirmed Applejack’s suspicions. The pegasus couldn’t fly.

Author's Note:

I cannot write AJ or Rainbow's characters right! Which is really annoying and I apologize for that.
-AJapple