• Published 7th Jun 2012
  • 1,508 Views, 93 Comments

A Place Called Home - FoxUnderFire



After almost 500 years of bad memories Jack Trades finally finds a place where he can call home.

  • ...
4
 93
 1,508

Act 1-4

~Authors Note~

Hey there reader! Thanks for reading my story. But that's not why I'm typing this. After all the characters are introduced(In this chapter and the next maybe) The chapters are going to get longer. Sadly also the time needed to create the chapters will be extended. So I might need a week or so before I can get in another chapter. I can also get it done in one day but that means cutting off social interaction and less sleep. But I don't want to do that mainly for the fact that it isn't exactly healthy.. Anyways in this chapter we get the volatile reaction of adding mentally fractured Jack Trades to caring and friendly Alex Roberts!

Enjoy!


I knew that there were peo- ponies coming, they weren't trying to be quiet and there were a lot of them. How many I couldn't tell. Seeing as ponies have multiple hooves it sounded like 14 were trotting my way. I watched as the door opened and I saw that my guess was wrong. Instead, in walked 6 ponies and a man. Of the the 6 I knew Fluttershy and Applejack, the other four varied widely in their description.

One was pink and she called herself Pinkie Pie. She was a rather odd one, and never seemed to sit still. She also had a grin that almost looked like it had gotten stuck. She had a very bubbly attitude and just looking at her made me grin my own smile. Apparently there was a town nearby the farm called Ponyville. Seeing as how I was in a reality of a world ruled by ponies not much relating to them is all that surprising. Pinkie Pie worked as the best party thrower or something.

Another one called herself Rarity. At first I didn't like her, she spoke too posh, but soon I realized that, that was just the way the way she spoke and she was quite nice actually. She ran the dressmaker shop in Ponyville.

A purple one that I had never seen before said her name was Twilight Sparkle.She was the town's librarian.

And finally a blue pegasus with a multicolored mane. Name was Rainbow Dash. Apparently pegasi control the weather in this place called Equestria. But she seemed to be hiding something I could tell it was something important...

The only one to not introduce himself was the man , no doubt Alex after all AJ said there was only one other human. Suddenly he turned to all the ponies and nodded at them, whatever he was going to do all the others knew about it. They turned and left the building, Fluttershy was the last one out and I saw her pause and steal one last glance at me.

The man/Alex turned towards me and reached behind his back. From there he pulled out a small knife, slightly smaller than Zandacor. I knew what this was. Now I know why he had everyone step outside.

Kill him! It's just like when you first needed me! Now kill this man, and escape!

No!

Do it! Or I will!

I watched as Alex walked behind me I closed my eyes and waited for the pain.










But it never came instead I felt the rope that had chafed my wrists fall away. Then I felt the ones one my ankles also come off. Confused I could only look at my now freed hands. I looked at the man confusion written on my face. He then walked in front of me and said,

"How did you get here?" I'm so confused at this point I can only just answer his questions as they came.

"Would take too long to explain." He nodded, like as if some suspicion was cleared by my answer.

"What's your name?" My name? Oh, it's a test, thankfully I knew the answer.

"Applejack already told you everything and your testing me so I don't slip on the story and turn out I had lied."

He nodded his head again, which was really starting to piss me off.

"Now it's my turn, are you like me?" He feigned confusion. Probably would have worked on a regular human but I'm anything but regular.

"What do you mean?"

I was starting to get angry, but I calmed my self. I may look 20 on the outside but mentally I'm 520, time has taught me many lessons, but her techniques were cruel all the same.

"You know exactly what I mean, your'e the only human known on this planet and those ponies compared me to you. Are you a reality jumper?"

"Yes."

"From Earth?"

"Yes."

"How long have you been jumping?"

"60 years, how about you?"

"500." I state flatly.

I was pleased to see a genuine look of shock fly across his face. Probably because he looked to be in his late thirties or early forties.

"Hey can you tell me about this place?" I asked.

He nodded "Yeah sure."

We then spent the rest of the afternoon talking about this world..